View Poll Results: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Explain)

    7 18.42%
  • No (Explain)

    25 65.79%
  • Other (Explain)

    6 15.79%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 111

Thread: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    The meaning is perfectly clear and given your track record with me in debates I will not feed you ammunition. It is up to you to come to whatever meaning you think it means and to answer the question.
    Perfectly clear? OK... I call you out, then. This is just another thread following your silly "tax=slavery" position. I'll pose this to you. If you believe that taxation is slavery, bring suit against someone using the 13th Amendment. See how far you get.

    \My reply to that is that I believe that the government should get out of marriage altogether and if not let everyone marry regardless of their orientation or beliefs.
    Then I applaud you for your consistency and we are in agreement.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #22
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Perfectly clear? OK... I call you out, then. This is just another thread following your silly "tax=slavery" position. I'll pose this to you. If you believe that taxation is slavery, bring suit against someone using the 13th Amendment. See how far you get.
    Misattribution of the original position I posited in that thread. I asked if being taxed at 90% was slavery. To date no one has been able to reply to that. Again you have nothing of substance to bring forth so I'll ignore your statements regarding the actual point of the thread, but will pay attention to your comments as moderator.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Then I applaude you for your consistency and we are in agreement.
    My position has always been consistent. Good day.

  3. #23
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    You're ignoring the original question in which I stated, "Do you have the right to other people's property and to enforce the taking of it through the use of the government?"
    Ahh, we are back to the OP. Are you asking directly or through government? Directly, no, through government, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Invalid argument since there are many ways to be against murder that isn't based on morality at all. Murder is illegal because everyone has the right to life by default and you have the right to be safe in your person. Murder removes the right to life and the right to be safe in your person. Hence, you have an invalid argument.
    The belief that people have a right to life is a moral stance. Believing that people have a right to be safe is also a moral stance.

  4. #24
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Ahh, we are back to the OP. Are you asking directly or through government? Directly, no, through government, yes.
    What does my question say?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    The belief that people have a right to life is a moral stance. Believing that people have a right to be safe is also a moral stance.
    Prove that it is a moral stance.

  5. #25
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    What does my question say?
    In that case, yes, I do believe that.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Prove that it is a moral stance.
    Thats hilarious.

    The whole point of natural law is to create moral laws and a basis for ethics. The Natural Law Tradition in Ethics (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Misattribution of the original position I posited in that thread. I asked if being taxed at 90% was slavery. To date no one has been able to reply to that. Again you have nothing of substance to bring forth so I'll ignore your statements regarding the actual point of the thread, but will pay attention to your comments as moderator.
    Any comment that equates taxation to slavery in ANY way applies to my response. If you think that ANY taxation, 100%, 90%, or 3% is slavery, find someone who is taxed at one of those rates, and have them sue the government... or someone who receives government assistance on 13th Amendment grounds. See how far you get with that.


    My position has always been consistent. Good day.
    I haven't seen you argue that position before. Good to see.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #27
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    In that case, yes, I do believe that.
    It's good to know that you believe that anyone can come and take your property to use as they see fit with and without the government.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman;1058862921:rofl Thats hilarious.

    The whole point of natural law is to create moral laws and a basis for ethics. [url=http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/natural-law-ethics/
    The Natural Law Tradition in Ethics (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)[/url]
    Yes, it is used to define ethics and the rightness of behavior. However, the usage of morality in this day and age is one based off of religion. I do concede the point even though I wasn't arguing a natural rights theory.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-17-10 at 07:50 PM.

  8. #28
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Any comment that equates taxation to slavery in ANY way applies to my response. If you think that ANY taxation, 100%, 90%, or 3% is slavery, find someone who is taxed at one of those rates, and have them sue the government... or someone who receives government assistance on 13th Amendment grounds. See how far you get with that.
    Yes, because we all know that your opinion is based upon what the government has to say. Isn't this threadjacking?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I haven't seen you argue that position before. Good to see.
    I've always argued on the side of what the Constitution of the United States and the principles of what this country was founded upon.

  9. #29
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    It's good to know that you believe that anyone can come and take your property to use as they see fit with and without the government.
    As I said previously, it depends on the circumstance.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Yes, it is used to define ethics and the rightness of behavior. However, the usage of morality in this day and age is one based off of religion. I do concede the point though.
    Thank you. How an expansion of my point is that on some level, everyone thinks its ok to enforce their morality on society, no matter what they base that morality on.

  10. #30
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Yes, because we all know that your opinion is based upon what the government has to say. Isn't this threadjacking?
    Are you saying that this thread has nothing to do with taxation?



    I've always argued on the side of what the Constitution of the United States and the principles of what this country was founded upon.
    Any comment I make will then threadjack, so I will allow this one to slide.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •