View Poll Results: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Explain)

    7 18.42%
  • No (Explain)

    25 65.79%
  • Other (Explain)

    6 15.79%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111

Thread: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

  1. #11
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Ok, I guess a hypothetical would be, if there was a flood and a bunch of people were starving and I had more food than I could eat.
    Is that with or without your permission that you would be okay with it?

  2. #12
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Is that with or without your permission that you would be okay with it?
    I would have been ok with it as I would have done it anyway. Even if noone asked before hand.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    You want the government to seize a portion or all of a person's property. It's exactly what it says.
    So, I tell the government that I want it to seize some or all of the guy who live's next door's property. Is that what you are meaning?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    You don't have the right to other people's property. However, I think you have the right to receive payment back. If someone owes you money and they refuse to pay, you have a right to their property to pay off their debts (somewhat like repossession). People have the right to their property/money.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #15
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I would have been ok with it as I would have done it anyway. Even if noone asked before hand.
    Do you believe that you can enforce your morality on others and ignore what they have to say?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    So, I tell the government that I want it to seize some or all of the guy who live's next door's property. Is that what you are meaning?
    The meaning is perfectly clear.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    The meaning is perfectly clear.
    If it was perfectly clear, I wouldn't be asking. Does my example in post #13 equate to what you are saying? Or are you actually trying to say something else... withouit actually saying it?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #17
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Do you believe that you can enforce your morality on others and ignore what they have to say?
    Not being upset by someone taking my excess food in a time of crisis would be enforcing my morality on others?

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Do you believe that you can enforce your morality on others and ignore what they have to say?
    Doesn't that happen when people deny gays the right to marry because they believe that marriage is only between a man and a woman? Since you seem to believe that it is not OK to force ones morality on others and ignore what they have to say, I'm SURE that you are pro-GM... to be otherwise would be hypocritical.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #19
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Doesn't that happen when people deny gays the right to marry because they believe that marriage is only between a man and a woman? Since you seem to believe that it is not OK to force ones morality on others and ignore what they have to say, I'm SURE that you are pro-GM... to be otherwise would be hypocritical.
    Technically, if he did not believe in enforcing morality on society, he would also be pro-murder as well. Since objection to murder is a moral issue.

  10. #20
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Do You Have The Right To Other People's Property?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    If it was perfectly clear, I wouldn't be asking. Does my example in post #13 equate to what you are saying? Or are you actually trying to say something else... withouit actually saying it?
    The meaning is perfectly clear and given your track record with me in debates I will not feed you ammunition. It is up to you to come to whatever meaning you think it means and to answer the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Not being upset by someone taking my excess food in a time of crisis would be enforcing my morality on others?
    You're ignoring the original question in which I stated, "Do you have the right to other people's property and to enforce the taking of it through the use of the government?"

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Doesn't that happen when people deny gays the right to marry because they believe that marriage is only between a man and a woman? Since you seem to believe that it is not OK to force ones morality on others and ignore what they have to say, I'm SURE that you are pro-GM... to be otherwise would be hypocritical.
    My reply to that is that I believe that the government should get out of marriage altogether and if not let everyone marry regardless of their orientation or beliefs.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Technically, if he did not believe in enforcing morality on society, he would also be pro-murder as well. Since objection to murder is a moral issue.
    Invalid argument since there are many ways to be against murder that isn't based on morality at all. Murder is illegal because everyone has the right to life by default and you have the right to be safe in your person. Murder removes the right to life and the right to be safe in your person. Hence, you have an invalid argument.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •