View Poll Results: Unemployment....why???

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative policies

    22 16.18%
  • Liberal policies

    83 61.03%
  • both

    22 16.18%
  • our greed

    21 15.44%
  • other, please explain.

    26 19.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 163

Thread: Why the unemployment? A poll

  1. #71
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    ok if you blindly say so.. self regulation is an axiom of Austrian economics. It is clear that both the experts agree it has failed. Deregulation has been an economic policy of both the republican party and democratic party with a much much larger emphasis in the right wing because of the focus on individual self regulation.

    Spending .. erratically on social programs or what have you is no counter cyclical policy. Cutting Taxes, deregulation, pushing for decentralised powers, .. on and on. Whatever pathetic form of healthcare system you have it is completely privatised. Only a completely ignorant idiot would see your system as redistributive compared to other states that have it implemented regularly. Austrian economics is the cause of your global economic collapse and hence the desperate need for jobs.

    To say Keynesian economics is the cause of the financial crises is both intellectually and morally wrong. America is a baston of socialism? Come on you can do better then that.
    Man I really don't know where to start but you have a really screwed up understanding of Austrian economics.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #72
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Strawman all the way through as well as attributing to me things I never said that lead you to hyperbole.
    righty then.. your living up to your conservative name. Chin up.

  3. #73
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Man I really don't know where to start but you have a really screwed up understanding of Austrian economics.
    No I have a very good understanding of it. You fail to understand spending can occur on one side while ideological perspectives can be implemented. Your a fool if you think your political parties are not trying to make happy individual financial contributors. I think it is you who is "screwed up" with regards to how your favorite political party makes policy.

    EDIT: Take the market professionals I’ve put up as links to task. Really to honestly and blindly go on and on like others are fools and know nothing speaks volumes about you as a person but further it proves your ideologically blind and cannot deal with what is the truth. They must be a bunch of commie bastards.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-18-10 at 08:58 PM.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No I have a very good understanding of it. You fail to understand spending can occur on one side while ideological perspectives can be implemented. Your a fool if you think your political parties are not trying to make happy individual financial contributors. I think it is you who is "screwed up" with regards to how your favorite political party makes policy.
    No you really don't understand it at all, it's apparent from the get go.

    Austrian economics does not favor inflationary monetary policy.
    Anything you try to attribute to it is bunk.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #75
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    No you really don't understand it at all, it's apparent from the get go.

    Austrian economics does not favor inflationary monetary policy.
    Anything you try to attribute to it is bunk.
    Who is pursuing inflationary monitary policy?

  6. #76
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Who is pursuing inflationary monitary policy?
    The Federal Reserve.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  7. #77
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The Federal Reserve.
    Well.. the federal reserve is a private institution as we both know and is not subject to the state powers of regulation. Outside of that sphere of influence is out of your control.. otherwise it is under private fiduciary duty and unregulated. Your argument is unresolved. But I would love for you to indicate to me just what policy it is you claim is that causes all this systemic inflation in labour cost? Are you confused about something?
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-18-10 at 09:17 PM.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well.. the federal reserve is a private institution as we both know and is not subject to the state powers of regulation. Outside of that sphere of influence is out of your control.. otherwise it is under private fiduciary duty and unregulated. Your argument is unresolved. But I would love for you to indicate to me just what policy it is you claim is that causes all this systemic inflation in labour cost? Are you confused about something?
    Uhh no again, they are not outside the powers of regulation and oversight.
    Not only that but they are a government granted monopoly over legal tender.

    If you don't believe so, go out and try to start circulating your own money.
    See what happens.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #79
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Uhh no again, they are not outside the powers of regulation and oversight.
    Not only that but they are a government granted monopoly over legal tender.

    If you don't believe so, go out and try to start circulating your own money.
    See what happens.
    You are mistaken..

    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-18-10 at 10:42 PM.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why the unemployment? A poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    You are mistaken..

    I don't care what Greenspan says.
    The legislative branch can, at anytime, redefine the role of the Federal Reserve.
    To blame Austrians for the current economic situation is ridiculous.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •