View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be legalized?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    84 55.26%
  • No

    59 38.82%
  • Other

    2 1.32%
  • I'd like to see the legalization of drugs expanded beyond Marijuana

    31 20.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 167

Thread: Should Marijuana be legalized?

  1. #131
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    This is a no brainer. How can something less harmful than cigarette smoking and drinking not be legalized, especially with how much tax revenue it will bring in. Look at it this way:

    -Guy gets high, pays a high tax similar to the ones tacked onto tobacco and alcohol
    -Guy gets the munchies, is to lazy to go further up the road to the megastore, so shops at the local grocery helping the local ecnomy
    -Guy gets high again
    -Guy gets the munchies does the same thing, but this time he goes to White Castle or Waffle House

    Besides that, hemp was the #1 cash crop in US before the mexican scare was created in the early 20th century. With the mass production of hemp once again, we can have a much needed influx of farmers, and become more reliant on our own crops.

    You keep part of the problem coming out of Mexico and other countries out of the United States, and the overall price of Marijuana becomes deflated anyways because it isn't something as dangerous to buy. Instead of a guy paying $140 an ounce, he would probably pay around $50 an ounce or less.

    I suspect most the people that are against marijuana in here are the same people that buy into the propaganda that "refer madness" is a real thing. This shouldn't be an issue at all, it should just be made legal.

    One last thing, we can finally not have to listen to hippie potheads constantly holding rallies for it.

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldDominionWhig View Post
    Odd, I thought one of the best examples of civil disobedience in American history was the civil rights movement. So let us look at how a few peaceful protests were “allowed” by the government.
    You might want to note that during that time blacks did not have the same protections under the law that whites did. Comparing the civil rights movement to trying to legalize a drug that is harmful to ones health is a bit odd wouldn't you say? Two totally different subjects.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #133
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    One last thing, we can finally not have to listen to hippie potheads constantly holding rallies for it.
    Sweet Jesus we found the best reason of all to legalize it.

    WHOAH DUUUUUUUDE!!!!
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #134
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    This is a no brainer. How can something less harmful than cigarette smoking and drinking not be legalized, especially with how much tax revenue it will bring in.
    Money has got to be the worst reason to legalize anything EVER. How about we legalize murder and tax it? Thefts? We could tax that too. And no MJ is at the very least just as bad as cigarette's and alcohol comined. It has the same cancer causing chemicals in it that cigarette's does and the same perception altering ability as alcohol. Because of that MJ is worse than either cigarettes or alcohol alone.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #135
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Money has got to be the worst reason to legalize anything EVER. How about we legalize murder and tax it? Thefts? We could tax that too. And no MJ is at the very least just as bad as cigarette's and alcohol comined. It has the same cancer causing chemicals in it that cigarette's does and the same perception altering ability as alcohol. Because of that MJ is worse than either cigarettes or alcohol alone.
    tell us how is society helped by the rape of individual rights that the war on drugs is used to justify. by the millions of people who have felony records because of weed. the billions of dollars we spend jailing, prosecuting and managing dopers. Its a joke. its a waste of time, money and freedom. and most importantly, the arguments the government advances both in terms of its power to regulate and ban weed and why they feel a need to imprison people for smoking stuff that grows in your backyard naturally are completely specious

    and before you think I am a doper-I am the exact opposite. I was a track athlete in HS and some college and having bad allergies I had to avoid the stuff. And watching two parents die from smoking related cancers and COPD there is no way I am gonna smoke anything.



  6. #136
    User OldDominionWhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    03-14-12 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    113

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You might want to note that during that time blacks did not have the same protections under the law that whites did.
    And that is why they engaged in NON-VIOLENT civil disobedience, but you said that there is no such thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Peaceful protests are allowed and has been since the beginning of the US. That is not civil disobedience. Now if you protest by getting into fights with the police or breaking things then that is civil disobedience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Comparing the civil rights movement to trying to legalize a drug that is harmful to ones health is a bit odd wouldn't you say?
    Where did I equate the civil rights movement to the legalization of marijuana? I think reefedjib would faint if he thought I had changed my position that easily. I do not support legalization. I think many of the promises made by the pro-legalization crowd will not pan out. I do not believe all the “sky is falling” arguments by the prohibitionists either.

    I was responding to your absolute statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Peaceful protests are allowed and has been since the begining of the US.
    (which you now acknowledge is false)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You might want to note that during that time blacks did not have the same protections under the law that whites did.
    You can't have it both ways Kal'Stang.

  7. #137
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Marijuana makes black people go crazy and rape white women. It also kills brain cells and takes away all motivation and turns you into a pacifist!
    Was that supposed to be funny? Because it wasn't.


    Anyway, I say let people smoke, snort, chew, drink, inject whatever the hell they want so long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process.

  8. #138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Was that supposed to be funny? Because it wasn't.


    Anyway, I say let people smoke, snort, chew, drink, inject whatever the hell they want so long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process.
    wise you are

    Yoda



  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    You might want to note that during that time blacks did not have the same protections under the law that whites did. Comparing the civil rights movement to trying to legalize a drug that is harmful to ones health is a bit odd wouldn't you say? Two totally different subjects.
    There are many things harmful to one's health.....should all of these be illegal???
    Lets start with alcohol then, since we are in a backward mode.
    I do agree that in the civil rights movement and this latest marijuana movement are two different things.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Marijuana be legalized?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually if we wanted to we could wipe out MJ. We have the technology to do so right now.

    As for the part in bold...

    Tell that to the people that get their stuff stolen due to addicts. Tell that to the people that have died due to some idiot smoking it while driving..or just driving while high. Despite what pro-MJ people say...it does hurt more people than just the user.
    I am "pro legalization of marijuana".
    I would not use this crap any more than I would drink a cocktail of sulphuric acid and arsenic.
    Trying to make this substance illegal is impractical and futile..

    To me its obvious that MJ can be taxed and controlled by having it out in the open..

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •