View Poll Results: Are you a Birther?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    12 16.67%
  • no

    60 83.33%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 154

Thread: Birther roll call

  1. #11
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    "I'm not a birther. Having said that, I have no problem with any lawsuits brought to investigate the matter further. What is wrong with that? As I looked around the internet to debunk this theory, I noticed one thing. I could find nothing to indicate that presidential candidates are formally vetted by the FBI or whomever. I was able to find the the parties themselves do the vetting. That doesn't make much sense to me. Fox says hen house is safe.

    So, while I'm confident it's much ado about nothing, I say shine some light on the process. Does that make me an "I'm-not-a- birther birther? If so, I'd like to change my vote. ;-)
    how about this: with each party desperately wanting to win, don't you think the opposing party thoroughly vets a candidate? if there were really something to this whole birther nonsense don't you believe an elected republican would have shined the light by now?
    Last edited by liblady; 07-14-10 at 11:13 AM.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #12
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    how about this: with each party desperately wanting to win, don't you think the opposing party thoroughly vets a candidate? if there were really someting to this whole birther nonsense don't you believe an elected republican would have shined the light by now?
    Absolutely, I believe that. That's why I'm not a birther. Still, shinin' a light on the process can't hurt.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    "I'm not a birther. Having said that, I have no problem with any lawsuits brought to investigate the matter further. What is wrong with that? As I looked around the internet to debunk this theory, I noticed one thing. I could find nothing to indicate that presidential candidates are formally vetted by the FBI or whomever. I was able to find the the parties themselves do the vetting. That doesn't make much sense to me. Fox says hen house is safe.

    So, while I'm confident it's much ado about nothing, I say shine some light on the process. Does that make me an "I'm-not-a- birther birther? If so, I'd like to change my vote. ;-)
    I’m not a truther. Having said that, I have no problem with any lawsuits brought to investigate the matter further. What is wrong with that? As I looked around the internet to debunk this theory, I noticed one thing. I could find nothing to indicate the attacks are formally investigated by an international source. I was able to find that the U.S. government themselves did the investigation. That doesn’t make much sense to me. The US Government says the hen house is safe.

    So while I’m confident its much ado about nothing, I say shine some light on the events. Does that make me an “I’m-not-a-truther-truther”? If so, I’d like to change my vote ;-)

    My question would be if the above is something you think is legitimate and someone you wouldn't consider a conspiracy theorist or someone that's a truther, if not by name by action.

    There is little to no legitimate evidence to suggest Obama's not an American citizen. It would require a cover up includign such groups as the government of hawaii along with both political parties that undoubtably vets their own and the other candidates, spanning more than a decades worth of time since the point he became heavily involved in politics. Its a ridiculous notion predicated off the one loud yell that he won't reveal to the public a piece of private information that no other President has been required to reveal despite the fact other documents have been provided to prove his citizenship. Its like saying if some moonbat suggests we faked the moon landing that we should give credance to and legitimacy to people wanting to talk about it as if its a reasonable belief to have. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to bring lawsuit, I think its stupid but if its allowable in law its allowable (and will undoubtably be thrown out). What I'm saying is talking about it like its a legitimate view, like its a reasonable view, like its something not to be labled as a conspiracy theory or that must be given equal credence with other questions like "Does Barack Obama wish to raise taxes? that I have an issue with as its none of those things.

  4. #14
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Birther roll call

    I was able to find that the U.S. government themselves did the investigation.
    I wasn't able to find a thing. Your source? Oh, wait -- as I think about it, I think I understand your point.

    I don't talk about it like it's a legitimate belief. I don't discuss it. It's like talking to mad men. I don't have the time for it. But I'll say again, "There's nothing wrong with shining a light on the process." If this lawsuit does that, it's accomplished MY purpose, anyway.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #15
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Birther roll call

    I voted "yes" because Spud looked lonely. He also made a compelling argument.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #16
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,879
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I voted "yes" because Spud looked lonely. He also made a compelling argument.
    thanks mate
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #17
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Birther roll call

    I voted no..... I'm a dualer.

    I would, just out of curiosity like to know what Barry is hiding by sealing all of his records.... I'm sure it's nothing.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #18
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I voted "yes" because Spud looked lonely. He also made a compelling argument.


    And now we are three....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #19
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    And now we are three....
    Ah, the three Birthsketeers.

    You can be Kenyamis, Spud can be Certificos, and I'll be Birthos.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Really the threads not going to be much use.

    The people who ARE birthers tend to primarily populate the conspiracy theory forum, which is the home for threads that are simply about how obama is a secret terrorist muslim born in kenyaa.

    You're also not going to likely reflect the sizable amount of poster who go "I'm not a birther!!!!" but then defend birthers, defend the notion there's "questions" to be asked, defend the notion that its not idiotic to ask, suggest that he doesn't "Seem" American but assures us that they think he is, etc. Essentially the "I"m not a birther!" birthers.

    Best bet as someone else said...go look at the conspiracy forums. They'll jump out at you quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I voted no..... I'm a dualer.

    I would, just out of curiosity like to know what Barry is hiding by sealing all of his records.... I'm sure it's nothing.
    Ah, man... Zyph. You called it like a clairvoyant. I'm gonna start calling you Miss Cleo.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •