View Poll Results: Are you a Birther?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    12 16.67%
  • no

    60 83.33%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 154

Thread: Birther roll call

  1. #131
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well that was easy .. of course the defence was weak on your behalf. Clearly birthers are out there while any reasonable person who watched the documentary would certainly have reason to doubt. Clearly the evedence to the contray on the issue with 9/11 is pretty good while the evidence of birthers is .. nothing.
    Nothing you say?

    Page 126, Dreams of my father.



    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1lGFYYNkw_...urntokenya.jpg

    Kenyan National Assembly, March 25th, 2010, page 31



    Member of the Kenyan Assembly on March 25th, 2010, admits that Obama was born in Kenya.

    Michelle Obama 2008 speech...



    Kenyan Ambassador admits Obama born in Kenya.



    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #132
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Nothing you say?

    Page 126, Dreams of my father.



    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1lGFYYNkw_...urntokenya.jpg

    Kenyan National Assembly, March 25th, 2010, page 31



    Member of the Kenyan Assembly on March 25th, 2010, admits that Obama was born in Kenya.

    Michelle Obama 2008 speech...



    Kenyan Ambassador admits Obama born in Kenya.



    Uhh.. that is hardcore birther ****..

    Claims regarding Kenyan birth certificate
    On August 2, 2009, Orly Taitz released and attached to court documents what she alleged to be an authentic Kenyan birth certificate. Legal documents submitted describe the document as an "unauthenticated color photocopy of certified copy of registration of birth".[52][53] The document was almost immediately revealed to be a forgery. It purports to have been issued by the "Republic of Kenya", when in fact, such a state did not yet exist at the time of Obama's birth as indicated on the document (Kenya was a Dominion of the British Crown until 1963).[54][55] Subsequently, evidence was unearthed that the alleged Kenyan birth certificate is a modified version of a 1959 Australian birth certificate found on an online genealogy website.[56][57] The Washington Independent website cited an anonymous blogger[58] as having taken credit for the forgery and posting four photos substantiating the claim.[59] Examples of actual 1961 Kenyan birth certificates have also been revealed, which look substantially different from the document Taitz submitted to the court.[60]
    Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #133
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Birther roll call

    One of the disagreements I see is as to what, precisely, a "natural born citizen" is.

    As I currently understand it, anyone born to a US citizen, no matter the location of the birth, is a US citizen, and I thought also, a "natural born citizen".

    Am I incorrect?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #134
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,859

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    One of the disagreements I see is as to what, precisely, a "natural born citizen" is.

    As I currently understand it, anyone born to a US citizen, no matter the location of the birth, is a US citizen, and I thought also, a "natural born citizen".

    Am I incorrect?
    Anybody born in the United States for any reason and any person born to an existing United States citizen is, by consequence, a United States Citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #135
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Anybody born in the United States for any reason and any person born to an existing United States citizen is, by consequence, a United States Citizen.
    Is it any one (1) US citizen?
    Or are two required?
    What parameters apply to the other participant?
    However indirectly, like, say, a sperm bank?\

    Edit: And BTW, it's "natural born citizen" that this question involves, not simply "citizen".

    The two are different.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #136
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,859

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Is it any one (1) US citizen?
    Or are two required?
    What parameters apply to the other participant?
    However indirectly, like, say, a sperm bank?\

    Edit: And BTW, it's "natural born citizen" that this question involves, not simply "citizen".

    The two are different.
    Citizenship Through Parents

    Whether someone born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent or parents is a U.S. citizen depends on the law in effect when the person was born.

    These laws have changed over the years, but usually require a combination of at least one parent being a U.S. citizen when the child was born and having lived in the U.S. or its possessions for a period of time. Additionally, children born outside the United States may become citizens after birth based on their parent’s citizenship or naturalization. For further information on this topic, please see the links to the left under citizenship through parents.


    USCIS - Citizenship Through Parents

    Correct, I should have specified "Natural" born citizen. There are different rules for when there is one parent or two parents. If there is one, the parent must also have lived in the USA for five consequtive years as well. It is not a simple process, but not complicated either in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #137
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Birther roll call

    The Mark, if you want the correct definition of ‘natural born citizen’ then please see the following; Crunch, post #121.
    A natural born citizen is a person born in the country, of parents (plural) who are citizens.
    There is a difference between natural born citizen, native born citizen and US citizen.
    Last edited by peepnklown; 07-23-10 at 12:11 AM.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  8. #138
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post

    Correct, I should have specified "Natural" born citizen. There are different rules for when there is one parent or two parents. If there is one, the parent must also have lived in the USA for five consequtive years as well. It is not a simple process, but not complicated either in most cases.
    For the record: Actually quite simple. It should be no problem to show you lived in the US for five years. I had no problem registering the citizenship of either of my daughters (mother is not as US citizen).
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #139
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    The Mark, if you want the correct definition of ‘natural born citizen’ then please see the following; Crunch, post #121.
    A natural born citizen is a person born in the country, of parents (plural) who are citizens.
    There is a difference between natural born citizen, native born citizen and US citizen.
    Source of said definition?
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  10. #140
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Birther roll call

    Quote Originally Posted by 6.U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)

    "It thus clearly appears that by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country, and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, and the jurisdiction of the English sovereign; and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject, unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign state, or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born. The same rule was in force in all the English colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continues to prevail under the constitution as original established.
    This shows pretty clearly that the Supreme Court considered anyone born in the United States, even to non-citizen parents to be natural-born citizens...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •