View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #651
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I never moved goal posts. You put forth the argument that people could afford to give more to private charities when taxation was low. And that that increased amount was enough to take care of the needs of the financially handicapped.

    You seem to think there is a mathematical difference between federal and state taxes. However, since 5 = 5 or any other number equals itself whether there is a tax increase by federal or state, there would be the same net effect on taxation if taxes were increased the same amount from any source, city, county, state, or federal.

    You are not accepting my argument based on this flawed reasoning. However, since math does work and does not change between a federal and state level, poor houses are a perfectly good example of the government stepping in to help the poor, even during the last century when taxation was lower and people were supposedly more prosperous because of it.

    The constitutionality and whatever other laws pertaining to the state and federal level are not revelent to this discussion and your objection does not address any useful points. If you had wished to make a legal based argument, your objection would mean something, but you chose to make a mathmatical and taxation based argument instead.

    So, in trying to change the argument from a taxation one to a legal one, you are the one moving the goalposts.
    I never changed the argument, but you tried to. You still haven't proven that charities were ineffective and unreliable before the federal government got involved.

    The Constitution is relevant to this discussion since I brought forth the argument to begin with. You keep moving the goal posts when you were unable to disprove my statement that charities are reliable and effective prior to the federal government got involved. I used the numbers from the fiscal years of 2007 and 2008 to show that charities were more then able to keep up with the federal government in terms of giving and they were able to reliably be there. You cannot disprove this. Ergo, you lost and conceded.

  2. #652
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I never changed the argument, but you tried to. You still haven't proven that charities were ineffective and unreliable before the federal government got involved.

    The Constitution is relevant to this discussion since I brought forth the argument to begin with. You keep moving the goal posts when you were unable to disprove my statement that charities are reliable and effective prior to the federal government got involved. I used the numbers from the fiscal years of 2007 and 2008 to show that charities were more then able to keep up with the federal government in terms of giving and they were able to reliably be there. You cannot disprove this. Ergo, you lost and conceded.
    So, you never changed your argument then? Hrm, lets see

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Not true since private charities were able to do so for over a hundred years before the government got involved. The government hates competition.
    You should have perhaps been more specific in your original post? I am simply contending what you posted here

    Now, I have shown you where you have changed your argument, please do the same kindness and show me where I have changed goal posts. I am still trying to find out if you can back up your statement on post 445.

    Also, again, to your point about 2007 and 2008. That does not show the impact to the community, so it cannot be used to prove whether private charity can be used to keep up with the needs of the financially handicapped. How can it be used to prove that all of the financially handicapped are taken care of when there is no statement showing the needs of the financially handicapped to compare giving against? Lastly, Yourstar was the one who made the argument that charity was not reliable and I cannot lose an argument that another person made and I did not. Are you sure that you even know what you are arguing about since you cannot keep even simple things like who said what straight?

    Also, please show me where the constitution has anything to do with you disliking this statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by liberal avenger
    Unfortunately, private charities can not keep up with the needs of the f financially handicapped.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-17-10 at 12:23 PM.

  3. #653
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So, you never changed your argument then? Hrm, lets see



    You should have perhaps been more specific in your original post? I am simply contending what you posted here

    Now, I have shown you where you have changed your argument, please do the same kindness and show me where I have changed goal posts. I am still trying to find out if you can back up your statement on post 445.

    Also, again, to your point about 2007 and 2008. That does not show the impact to the community, so it cannot be used to prove whether private charity can be used to keep up with the needs of the financially handicapped. How can it be used to prove that all of the financially handicapped are taken care of when there is no statement showing the needs of the financially handicapped to compare giving against? Lastly, Yourstar was the one who made the argument that charity was not reliable and I cannot lose an argument that another person made and I did not. Are you sure that you even know what you are arguing about since you cannot keep even simple things like who said what straight?

    Also, please show me where the constitution has anything to do with you disliking this statement:
    Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows. If you had been paying attention you would have noticed that I have already replied to them. You ignored it and kept moving the goal posts.

  4. #654
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows. If you had been paying attention you would have noticed that I have already replied to them. You ignored it and kept moving the goal posts.
    Your reply was insufficient to address the initial argument. Either you know this and you are trying to take me on a red herring or you do not understand the proof you are posting.

  5. #655
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Your reply was insufficient to address the initial argument.
    My replies sufficiently addressed your points with facts and supporting proof. You have yet to produce anything to counter it, except to move the goal posts. The onus is on you to produce data to counter what I posted.

  6. #656
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    My replies sufficiently addressed your points with facts and supporting proof. You have yet to produce anything to counter it, except to move the goal posts. The onus is on you to produce data to counter what I posted.
    1. I find it interesting that you continue to claim that I am moving the goal posts when I keep quoting post 445 word for word I think this shows your desperation.
    2. I have pointed out the flaws with your data. You ignore those flaws. It is not my fault that your data does not support your argument.
    3. I have supported my argument with showing you poor houses and you proceeded to babble on about constitutionality, which is an issue that has nothing to do with your original argument, which is an economic one, not a legal one.

  7. #657
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Actually, you have to convert the fiat currency over to the gold currency. They are two completely different currencies. Also, I did provide proof of wages and taxes paid back then which shows the disposible income of the person. You just don't like that people had more money back then or the proof provided.
    No question that some people "back then" had more disposible income, but the price of goods was also much higher than today, based ,of course, on the time worked to buy an item.
    Did the "regular working man" have more "disposable income" in the 1800s or the 1700s ?
    no

  8. #658
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    No question that some people "back then" had more disposible income, but the price of goods was also much higher than today, based ,of course, on the time worked to buy an item.
    Did the "regular working man" have more "disposable income" in the 1800s or the 1700s ?
    no
    Proof that the price of goods was higher.

  9. #659
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    1. I find it interesting that you continue to claim that I am moving the goal posts when I keep quoting post 445 word for word I think this shows your desperation.
    2. I have pointed out the flaws with your data. You ignore those flaws. It is not my fault that your data does not support your argument.
    3. I have supported my argument with showing you poor houses and you proceeded to babble on about constitutionality, which is an issue that has nothing to do with your original argument, which is an economic one, not a legal one.
    Since you cannot produce anything that supports your position, I'll disregard anything that you have to say. You claimed you wanted an honest discussion, but have proven that you did not. Come back when you can actually defeat the data I posted all through this thread. Let me guess you're just doing this because you want to want to adhere to your rules of engagement for hyper-partisans.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-17-10 at 02:26 PM.

  10. #660
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Since you cannot produce anything that supports your position, I'll disregard anything that you have to say.
    I did produce evidence. You will not accept it because of factors that have no bearing on our conversation.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    You claimed you wanted an honest discussion, but have proven that you did not.
    I do want an honest discussion, but I am waiting for you to produce a real argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Come back when you can actually defeat the data I posted all through this thread.
    I already pointed out the flaws in your proof, multiple times.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Let me guess you're just doing this because you want to want to adhere to your ....
    Linking to the basement is a bad idea. I will report you now.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-17-10 at 02:46 PM. Reason: remove link that is against rules

Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •