View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #641
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I did present a logical argument backed with facts. To date you have produced nothing in regards to the point of debate you took issue with. Therefore, under the rules of debate you lose. Declaring yourself the winner and proving it are two different things.
    You think there is a fundamental mathmatical difference between taxation between the federal government and state government. sorry dude, but math is math and no human law can change it.

  2. #642
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    You think there is a fundamental mathmatical difference between taxation between the federal government and state government. sorry dude, but math is math and no human law can change it.
    Sorry that you think that there is no fundamental difference between the state and federal government. The fact of the matter is that they both are constrained by the Constitution(s) they must follow. States can do one thing while the federal government cannot.

  3. #643
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Sorry that you think that there is no fundamental difference between the state and federal government. The fact of the matter is that they both are constrained by the Constitution(s) they must follow. States can do one thing while the federal government cannot.
    I didn't say that I think there is no fundamental difference between federal and state government. I stated that the rules of math are not subject to constitutionality or any other human law.

  4. #644
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I didn't say that I think there is no fundamental difference between federal and state government. I stated that the rules of math are not subject to constitutionality or any other human law.
    It's an invalid comparison since you're basically saying that state government=/=federal government in the use of the only piece of proof you've brought forth.

  5. #645
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    It's an invalid comparison since you're basically saying that state government=/=federal government in the use of the only piece of proof you've brought forth.
    So you do think that the fundamental laws of math can be changed by what type of government it is?

  6. #646
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So you do think that the fundamental laws of math can be changed by what type of government it is?
    Yes, since they are only allowed to do what their Constitutions state. Since you are unable to produce proof that charities were ineffective and unreliable on the federal government level then you have lost.

  7. #647
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Yes, since they are only allowed to do what their Constitutions state. Since you are unable to produce proof that charities were ineffective and unreliable on the federal government level then you have lost.
    Debates don't work that way. You can not offer an opinion as reason to claim that your opponent has lost. That's kind of puerile.

  8. #648
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Yes, since they are only allowed to do what their Constitutions state. Since you are unable to produce proof that charities were ineffective and unreliable on the federal government level then you have lost.
    Great, so you think constitutionality changes the laws of math. Well, if that is your belief about government, anything you say about it and taxation is pretty much irrelevent.

  9. #649
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Great, so you think constitutionality changes the laws of math. Well, if that is your belief about government, anything you say about it and taxation is pretty much irrelevent.
    You keep moving the goal posts which I find hilarious. Face it you can't prove your statement that charities are ineffective and unreliable while the federal government is. I'll take this as a concession, since you have failed to produce proof in 5 pages of debate.

  10. #650
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    You keep moving the goal posts which I find hilarious. Face it you can't prove your statement that charities are ineffective and unreliable while the federal government is. I'll take this as a concession, since you have failed to produce proof in 5 pages of debate.
    I never moved goal posts. You put forth the argument that people could afford to give more to private charities when taxation was low. And that that increased amount was enough to take care of the needs of the financially handicapped.

    You seem to think there is a mathematical difference between federal and state taxes. However, since 5 = 5 or any other number equals itself whether there is a tax increase by federal or state, there would be the same net effect on taxation if taxes were increased the same amount from any source, city, county, state, or federal.

    You are not accepting my argument based on this flawed reasoning. However, since math does work and does not change between a federal and state level, poor houses are a perfectly good example of the government stepping in to help the poor, even during the last century when taxation was lower and people were supposedly more prosperous because of it.

    The constitutionality and whatever other laws pertaining to the state and federal level are not revelent to this discussion and your objection does not address any useful points. If you had wished to make a legal based argument, your objection would mean something, but you chose to make a mathmatical and taxation based argument instead.

    So, in trying to change the argument from a taxation one to a legal one, you are the one moving the goalposts.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-17-10 at 11:39 AM.

Page 65 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •