View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #621
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Its on this very page



    Yes, but as I stated, disposable income and tax liability do not show the effect of charity on the "financially handicapped" per post 445. Is this the best you have because its not proof, its just a record of giving. Can you even establish what the necessary amount of giving for charity to be enough for the financially handicapped is? If not, then this "proof" of yours cannot prove anything as there would be nothing to measure against.
    Nope you didn't since you cited a state government charity and not a federal government one. Ergo, no facts to back up your assertation. Let me guess you think that the state government=/=federal government.

  2. #622
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Nope you didn't since you cited a state government charity and not a federal government one. Ergo, no facts to back up your assertation. Let me guess you think that the state government=/=federal government.
    In this sense, yes, government is government. There is no fundamental difference between state government charity and federal government charity as they both take funds from taxes. It is your argument that taxes are what is preventing people from having disposable income needed to give to charity. Based on that argument, it does not matter who is doing the taxing, only that the taxation exists.

    Now, are you going to back up your assertion? If not, I am going to go ahead and claim that argument over and that the loss of it is yours. Unless, of course, you can back up your claim

  3. #623
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    In this sense, yes, government is government. There is no fundamental difference between state government charity and federal government charity as they both take funds from taxes. It is your argument that taxes are what is preventing people from having disposable income needed to give to charity. Based on that argument, it does not matter who is doing the taxing, only that the taxation exists.

    Now, are you going to back up your assertion? If not, I am going to go ahead and claim that argument over and that the loss of it is yours. Unless, of course, you can back up your claim
    Then you would be wrong in your belief since the federal government must adhere to the Constitution of the United States and the state governments have to adhere to the Constitution of their state as well as the Constitution of the United States in its prohibitions on the states. Therefore, you have not proved your point.

  4. #624
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Then you would be wrong in your belief since the federal government must adhere to the Constitution of the United States and the state governments have to adhere to the Constitution of their state as well as the Constitution of the United States in its prohibitions on the states. Therefore, you have not proved your point.
    My point was that taxes = taxes whether they come from the state or federal government. If the federal government taxes income at 5% or the state taxes income at 5% than the effect on disposable income is unchanged. Whether something is adhering to the constitution has no effect on basic math.

    Also, thanks for conceding the point about whether charity can keep up with the needs of the financially handicapped, per post 445.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-15-10 at 11:16 PM.

  5. #625
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    My point was that taxes = taxes whether they come from the state or federal government. If the federal government taxes income at 5% or the state taxes income at 5% than the effect on disposable income is unchanged. Whether something is adhering to the constitution has no effect on basic math.

    Also, thanks for conceding the point about whether charity can keep up with the needs of the financially handicapped, per post 445.
    Thank you for conceding that you cannot prove your point that charities cannot keep up with the needs of the poor, per post 445.

  6. #626
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Thank you for conceding that you cannot prove your point that charities cannot keep up with the needs of the poor, per post 445.
    I have not conceeded it. In fact it your argument is illogical as you have not given a valid difference between federal and state government per the argument that you are putting forth. I have showed you what is wrong with it. The fact that you ignore its flaws is your problem not mine.

    However, if you wish to persist in this illogical argument in an attempt to win, feel free.

    Ultimately though, charity is charity and government taxation is just that, in terms of its effect, the source does not matter. The fact that you think it does, speaks volumes about the depths about the consistency contained in your personal philosophy.

  7. #627
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I must be misunderstanding something.

    As I understand things, you responded to someone's post, and megaprogman then responded to your response, demanding proof of your disagreement.

    Where is the demand for proof of an arguement you didn't make?

    Or are you for some reason claiming that because you were responding to someone elses post, THEY made the arguement, and you simply disagreed?

    Still, why would that mean you didn't argue something?

    And why would it mean you didn't have to provide proof?
    This is the internet, not a court of law for goodness gracious.

  8. #628
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    This is the internet, not a court of law for goodness gracious.
    And thus, a far more important and serious matter...

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #629
    User Strelok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    07-23-13 @ 06:42 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    58

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Taxation isn't slavery unless all or close to is taxed. You are working for yourself, but a portion of the taxed money is used for various purposes which also goes to helping other people. You are not explicitly working for other people. You are working for yourself but a part of the income also goes to helping other people as one of the various uses. You are also not even forced to work. When you do work, the incentive is for yourself and it does benefit yourself but a portion of it goes to other purposes other than yourself.
    When saints are just dead sinners amended and revised, no wonder why greed and humiliation become the norms to bound and regulate mankind.

  10. #630
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    In fact it your argument is illogical...
    I just GOTTA laugh at the sight of YOU getting on someone for having an illogical argument...

Page 63 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •