View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #601
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    That would be one of the posts where I am showing you that you are making an argument that you did not make. You will notice that I am quoting you.



    Why would I ask for proof of your assertion to a person who does not believe it to be true? That makes no sense. Besides, your assertion stands on its own, if you wanted him to present proof of his assertion, you should ask him for it.
    I lodged a disagreement in a discussion. You and Your Star turned it into a debate. Thus, since you are arguing for the opposite in demanding proof to back up my statement you need to present proof first due to you taking up the original argument that charities are not effective and reliable as the government.

  2. #602
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    LiberalAvenger and I are not the same person. The correct pronoun would be he.
    No, I used the correct pronoun since you, Liberal Avenger, and Your Star contend that charity is not as reliable or effective as the government. They is the nominative plural of he, she, and it.

  3. #603
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I lodged a disagreement in a discussion. You and Your Star turned it into a debate. Thus, since you are arguing for the opposite in demanding proof to back up my statement you need to present proof first due to you taking up the original argument that charities are not effective and reliable as the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    No, I used the correct pronoun since you, Liberal Avenger, and Your Star contend that charity is not as reliable or effective as the government. They is the nominative plural of he, she, and it.
    What makes you think I am taking up the original argument or stated that charity was not as reliable or effective as government? Can you show me these posts? I want my own words, not statements from other people I happen to be in close proximity to.

    I am just asking you to cite your assertion. Again, you are assuming there are sides in this debate when we are all individuals with our own points of view.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-15-10 at 09:35 PM.

  4. #604
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    What makes you think I am taking up the original argument or stated that charity was not as reliable or effective as government? Can you show me these posts? I want my own words, not statements from other people I happen to be in close proximity to.

    I am just asking you to cite your assertion. Again, you are assuming there are sides in this debate when we are all individuals with our own points of view.
    Then you need to demand that Liberal Avenger and Your Star to cite their assertation.

  5. #605
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Then you need to demand that Liberal Avenger and Your Star to cite their assertation.
    Why do I need to demand this? If you disagree with what they post, than it is up to you to hold them to account.

  6. #606
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    No it isnt and how autistic do you have to be to compare your tax bill to slavery.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  7. #607
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Why do I need to demand this? If you disagree with what they post, than it is up to you to hold them to account.
    Because you took issue with the discussion. Since Liberal Avenger posited the argument to begin with then you should be demanding his proof before mine, but I guess since he's a liberal that he doesn't need to.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-15-10 at 09:42 PM.

  8. #608
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Because you took issue with the discussion. Since Liberal Avenger posited the argument to begin with then you should demanding his proof, but I guess since he's a liberal that he doesn't need to.
    I took issue with your assertion. Also, I am not the referee of this thread. If you don't like what LA posted, you are free to challenge him, but that is between you and him. I am concerned with our conversation.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-15-10 at 09:48 PM.

  9. #609
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I took issue with your assertion. Again, your argument stands on its own, you would have made it even if LA did not post what he posted because that is what you believe.

    If you really want to know, I do not really have a high opinion of LA's arguments in general, so I tend to dismiss what he says anyway.
    Well since you now said openly that you disagree that private charities can do the job better than the government produce your proof. I produced proof that charity has kept up with the government from 2007 and 2008. I also provided proof of how the government hates competition in post #583. For further proof of how the government hates competition look at the reform of the tax laws for charitable organizations passed this year that it made it more difficult to be a charity.

    In post #543 I provided proof that Americans in the 18th and 19th centuries had more disposable income and by the historical state of the economy we can infer that charitable giving was keeping up with the rate of poverty. Historically, Americans are more generous than any other country in the world when it comes to charitable giving. So far, no one has disputed this.

  10. #610
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Well since you now said openly that you disagree that private charities can do the job better than the government produce your proof.
    I did not take issue with the idea that private charities can do a better job than government, I took issue with the idea that charity can keep up with needs of the financially handicapped. You were not making a comparison between charities and government, charity alone was enough. Those are two completely different arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I produced proof that charity has kept up with the government from 2007 and 2008. I also provided proof of how the government hates competition in post #583. For further proof of how the government hates competition look at the reform of the tax laws for charitable organizations passed this year that it made it more difficult to be a charity.
    As I stated, I don't care about your assertion that government hates competition, so there is no need to prove it to me. Also, all that shows is that a certain sum was donated to charity, not that charities can keep up with the needs of the financially handicapped. Per post #445 http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058858476

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    In post #543 I provided proof that Americans in the 18th and 19th centuries had more disposable income and by the historical state of the economy we can infer that charitable giving was keeping up with the rate of poverty. Historically, Americans are more generous than any other country in the world when it comes to charitable giving. So far, no one has disputed this.
    Having more disposable income, and even donating that to charity does not automatically mean that charities have kept up with the needs of the financilly handicapped. You can not infer it as that would mean you are making an assumption without proof.

    I agree that Americans are generous when it comes to charity, this is not in dispute.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-15-10 at 10:14 PM.

Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •