View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #491
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Your excuse for not providing proof is that it's a capitalistic society, and that you must buy books to get info. First off lets ignore the fact that public libraries exist, but I'm assuming that you'll accept this excuse everytime someone argues against you, and doesn't provide facts. Hey if you don't know the facts buy the book, thats not my fault!
    I did provide facts that charities did a good job of providing relief. You have yet to provide any proof to the contrary. Asking me to spoonfeed you information that is contained in a copyrighted book is illegal and I do not break the law. I guess it's alright for you to sit there and throw out stuff all day long without providing any backing to your statements, but not for me. Talk about being a hypocrit.

  2. #492
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Then you have to provide proof that charitable organizations did not provide the same amount of services as the government. You have yet to provide anything of the sort.
    You are right, in retrospect, your objection that it does not show that prostitutes looked for charitable assistance is valid. I will continue to look for information as is my responsibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Actually, it is, but the onus is on you to buy it. It's called taking responsibility for your own learning.
    Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink . Again, you are wrong, it is the one who asserts that must provide citation.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I did provide and you're the one resisting.
    If you did provide, than you shouldn't have had to insist that I buy a book. All it shows is your failure to live up to your responsibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    No, I do not have to provide you with a copy of a the book. I can show you where to get the book and that it exists. It is up to you to purchase it.
    And that would be called not providing proof, which you agree is a standard per your last post that I quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Fair Use only encompasses a few paragraphs and for a subject as detailed as this it would be a violation of Fair Use. Thus, it is breaking the law.
    All you need to do is show a table or quote a few paragraphs.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    So asking someone to perform a criminal and civil act is standard for you?
    I didn't ask for you to commit a crime.

  3. #493
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    If we eliminated those taxes the rich would have to make up for the short fall.
    Have to make up for what?

    Ethics has nothing to do with it. You are talking about concepts such as love, peace, and justice. Prove your point in using it.
    No I am talking about the concept of the right of self ownership. You have in no way proven that the state has the right to ownership over the body of the individual.

  4. #494
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I did provide facts that charities did a good job of providing relief. You have yet to provide any proof to the contrary. Asking me to spoonfeed you information that is contained in a copyrighted book is illegal and I do not break the law. I guess it's alright for you to sit there and throw out stuff all day long without providing any backing to your statements, but not for me. Talk about being a hypocrit.
    You providing nothing close to facts, you provided a sales pitch why we should buy a book.

  5. #495
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Private charities don't have the reliability of the government. They can be there for you one month, but not the next. The government won't do that.
    The state spends 2/3's of every dollar collected in overhead costs, that isn't reliable that's highly inefficient.

  6. #496
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    You are right, in retrospect, your objection that it does not show that prostitutes looked for charitable assistance is valid. I will continue to look for information as is my responsibility.
    HISTORY

    # Outdoor Relief provided through an Overseer of the Poor: When people fell upon hard times and members of their family, friends or members of their church congregations could not provide enough assistance to tide them over, they made application to an elected local official called the Overseer of the Poor. Within a budget of tax money, he might provide them with food, fuel, clothing, or even permission to get medical treatment to be paid out of tax funds.
    Even in the 19th century, the government had to take over where charities failed to provide.

  7. #497
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    The state spends 2/3's of every dollar collected in overhead costs, that isn't reliable that's highly inefficient.
    Thats more of a complaint on how the programs are run, than the program themselves.

  8. #498
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Private charities can't reduce the poverty rate as much as the government can.

    Welfare increases poverty
    A) Your article makes an unsubstantiated claim regarding the 1920's without providing the statistics to back it up.

    B) Your statistics actually show a decrease in poverty levels during the Reagan era's second term which was during a period of tax and welfare cuts.

  9. #499
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    HISTORY



    Even in the 19th century, the government had to take over where charities failed to provide.
    Yes and those were all run by the state governments not the federal government, which is what my original objection was about. The Tenth Amendment reinforces this.

    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

  10. #500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    The problem with charities, however, is that, because they rely on volunteers, they may not have the full expertise necessesary to efficiently pursue their charitable works. Also, charities are capable of their own abuses, such as Magdalene laundries.

    Magdalene asylum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Charities provide 2/3's of every dollar collected to those they collected it for spending the other 1/3 on overhead costs, the state on the other hand provides 1/3 of every dollar collected to those in need and 2/3's on overhead cost. Private charities are far more efficient than state bureaucracies.

Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •