View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #481
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    As I recall, you did make an assertion



    Than you offered invalid proof



    I pointed out that your proof was invalid and you responded with



    So in the end you cannot back up your statement.
    In the end you cannot back up your own statements. I pointed you to where you can buy the book and so far you have refused to do so. I guess you really weren't interested in an honest discussion afterall.

  2. #482
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    As I said, statistics is a relatively new phenomeana and the records are private. That is not an excuse, but the cold, hard facts. Private organizations are not required to hold studies on statistics of who they helped 100 years ago or longer. They also do not have to open their records to anyone. The government, on the other hand, is required by the Constitution of the United States to do so. I give you Article IV Section I Clause I.

    Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.
    So don't make an assertion you can't back up. It's like saying violent video games cause violence. You can say it all you want, but it doesn't make it true, and there is no evidence to back it up.

  3. #483
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So don't make an assertion you can't back up. It's like saying violent video games cause violence. You can say it all you want, but it doesn't make it true, and there is no evidence to back it up.
    Except, I did provide a source of how well private charities were. You failed to buy the book that shows it. That is not my fault, but yours.

  4. #484
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    In the end you cannot back up your own statements. I pointed you to where you can buy the book and so far you have refused to do so. I guess you really weren't interested in an honest discussion afterall.


    I pointed out the flaw in your argument and this means I cannot back up my statements. Again, the onus is on you. If you wish to continue using this as proof, it is your responsibility to use the proof in the book, not mine, as I am not the one using the information. My suggestion is that if you continue to wish to cite this as proof of your argument, please purchase the book, scan in the relevent information and post it here. I will be happy to wait a few weeks for delivery and any time you might need to raise funds if that is necessary.

    Until that time, you can not offer proof.

    However, if you wish to continue to insist on information that might possibly exist, feel free as it is amusing.

  5. #485
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post


    I pointed out the flaw in your argument and this means I cannot back up my statements. Again, the onus is on you. If you wish to continue using this as proof, it is your responsibility to use the proof in the book, not mine, as I am not the one using the information. My suggestion is that if you continue to wish to cite this as proof of your argument, please purchase the book, scan in the relevent information and post it here. I will be happy to wait a few weeks for delivery and any time you might need to raise funds if that is necessary.

    Until that time, you can not offer proof.
    He that asserts must prove. I did provide proof, but the onus is on you to buy the book to read it. There's an old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. Like I said before it's up to you to buy the book since you expressed interest in the subject. Also, scanning in a book is a violation of copyright and I cannot believe you're asking me to break the law. Is this standard for your 'honest discussions'?

  6. #486
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Except, I did provide a source of how well private charities were. You failed to buy the book that shows it. That is not my fault, but yours.


    If your assertion was true you would have more sources than some book that you make to make a person on food stamps buy.

    Hey why don't you buy the book, since you know you were the one who chose that source to back up your claims. Or maybe that was your plan, find a source where the statistics were hidden under a price tag, and when we provided statistics that disproved your assertion, all you would say is "buy the book".

  7. #487
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    He that asserts must prove.
    You are absolutely correct and I will continue to await proof.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I did provide proof
    Where is it? Insisting I buy a book is not providing proof. Another way to look at this is to look at the word provide, if you wish to provide proof, than provide it. Part of providing is to take the responsibility in providing it. Please follow through with your responsibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    , but the onus is on you to buy the book to read it.
    The onus on me is to read what you provide. As you said in the last quote, you are the one providing.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    There's an old saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.
    I am still waiting for the water in the form of book that you must provide.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Like I said before it's up to you to buy the book since you expressed interest in the subject. Also, scanning in a book is a violation of copyright and I cannot believe you're asking me to break the law.
    Fair use is a part of copyright as long as you don't copy the whole thing or a significant part of it, you are not breaking the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Is this standard for your 'honest discussions'?
    Yes, it is.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 07-15-10 at 12:51 PM.

  8. #488
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post


    If your assertion was true you would have more sources than some book that you make to make a person on food stamps buy.

    Hey why don't you buy the book, since you know you were the one who chose that source to back up your claims. Or maybe that was your plan, find a source where the statistics were hidden under a price tag, and when we provided statistics that disproved your assertion, all you would say is "buy the book".
    There are plenty of other sources, but in a capitalist society one must purchase the books. If you want to learn then you must buy books on the subjects that you are interested in.

  9. #489
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    You are absolutely correct and I will continue to await proof.
    Then you have to provide proof that charitable organizations did not provide the same amount of services as the government. You have yet to provide anything of the sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Where is it. Insisting I buy a book is not providing proof. Another way to look at this is to look at the word provide, if you wish to provide proof, than provide it. Part of providing is to take the responsibility in providing it. Please follow through with your responsibility.
    Actually, it is, but the onus is on you to buy it. It's called taking responsibility for your own learning.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    The onus on me is to read what you provide. As you said in the last quote, you are the one providing.
    I did provide and you're the one resisting.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I am still waiting for the water in the form of book that you must provide.
    No, I do not have to provide you with a copy of a the book. I can show you where to get the book and that it exists. It is up to you to purchase it.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Fair use is a part of copyright as long as you don't copy the whole thing or a significant part of it, you are not breaking the law.
    Fair Use only encompasses a few paragraphs and for a subject as detailed as this it would be a violation of Fair Use. Thus, it is breaking the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Yes, it is.
    So asking someone to perform a criminal and civil act is standard for you?

  10. #490
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    There are plenty of other sources, but in a capitalist society one must purchase the books. If you want to learn then you must buy books on the subjects that you are interested in.
    You have got to be kidding me. Your excuse for not providing proof is that it's a capitalistic society, and that you must buy books to get info. First off lets ignore the fact that public libraries exist, but I'm assuming that you'll accept this excuse everytime someone argues against you, and doesn't provide facts. Hey if you don't know the facts buy the book, thats not my fault!

Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •