View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #291
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    The only person that failed in this debate would be you. No proof means your argument fails. It must be nice to not have to provide proof for ignorant statements.
    You provided her proof.

    If her statement is ignorant, what does that make yours?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-13-10 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #292
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Um no....

    "i am wondering just how educated the typical confederate soldier was." does not equate "Are you saying that all southerners were uneducated and ignorant?"

    In fact her reply to your question was "no, i'm saying that the typical rebel soldier was uneducated."











    according to your article this was indeed the case.

    On top of that your were trying to be sarcastic because of her comment to Bicycleman about Robert E Lee.

    Going to lie some more?
    it's quite clear that literacy does not equate to education.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    fyi Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    IIRC Texas v. White was a post-war decision; if it makes secession unconstitution, it does so from the point of the decision, and not points prior.

    And while the preamble and the federalist papers maigh be used to support arguments regarding the intention of the Constitution, we all know they carry no legal force.

    Question:
    If it is impossible to secede from the union, then it is impossible to re-admit 'secessionist' states to the union because they never actually left said union.

    HOWever, the 'secessionist' states, as part of their process for 're-admission' to the union, wre require to ratify the 13th-15th amendments.

    The federal government cannot force states to ratify amendments, and so weren't the 13th-15th were ratified unconstitutionally?


    Article I section 8 "To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

    What don't you understand about suppress insurrections?

  4. #294
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    What don't you understand about suppress insurrections?
    First of, all, -I- asked a question:

    The federal government cannot force states to ratify amendments, and so weren't the 13th-15th ratified unconstitutionally?

    Perhaps you'd like to take a shot at answering it?

    Second of all, nothing in anything I have posted in any way questions the federal authority to suppress insurrections.

    Really, when you post, do try to not waste everyone's time.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    First of, all, -I- asked a question:

    The federal government cannot force states to ratify amendments, and so weren't the 13th-15th ratified unconstitutionally?

    Perhaps you'd like to take a shot at answering it?

    Second of all, nothing in anything I have posted in any way questions the federal authority to suppress insurrections.

    Really, when you post, do try to not waste everyone's time.
    I was not answering your question because it was irrelevant because of Article 1 section 8. I asked you a question which you have no possible answer so you try to skirt around the issue by insulting me, saying I am wasting time, sir.

  6. #296
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I was not answering your question because it was irrelevant because of Article 1 section 8.
    Really.
    Explain, in concise and verifiable terms what part of Article I Sec 8 gives Congress the power to force states to ratify proposed amendments, and how said power actually confers such an authority.

    I asked you a question...
    ...which I have fully addressed.
    Nothing in anything I have posted in any way questions the federal authority to suppress insurrections

    Now, perhaps, you can address what I asked:
    The federal government cannot force states to ratify amendments, and so weren't the 13th-15th ratified unconstitutionally?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-13-10 at 02:35 PM.

  7. #297
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    First of, all, -I- asked a question:

    The federal government cannot force states to ratify amendments, and so weren't the 13th-15th ratified unconstitutionally?
    Which he did not respond too.

    He responded to your statement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    IIRC Texas v. White was a post-war decision; if it makes secession unconstitution, it does so from the point of the decision, and not points prior. Perhaps you'd like to take a shot at answering it?
    Since you made a statement of fact, he pointed out it is not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Second of all, nothing in anything I have posted in any way questions the federal authority to suppress insurrections.
    As I have shown, that is not true. Notice the part marked in red.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-13-10 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #298
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Which he did not respond too.
    He responded to your statement...
    You're taking issue with the statement that Texas v. White makes secession unconstitutional?

    As I have shown, that is not true. Notice the part marked in red.
    I noticed it. It doesn in any way take issue with the federal power to suppress insurrection.

  9. #299
    User Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    04-13-12 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    140

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    As the government has said, the power to tax is the power to destroy.

  10. #300
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're taking issue with the statement that Texas v. White makes secession unconstitutional?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I noticed it. It doesn in any way take issue with the federal power to suppress insurrection.
    Yes it does, the states seceding was considered an insurrection. To deny this is just to have on blinders.

    Type in insurrection and this comes up from the Law Library dictionary....

    sedition
    n. the federal crime of advocacy of insurrection against the government or support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches, publications and organization. Sedition usually involves actually conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of the government and is beyond expression of an opinion or protesting government policy. Sedition is a lesser crime than "treason," which requires actual betrayal of the government, or "espionage." Espionage involves spying on the government, trading state secrets (particularly military) to another country (even a friendly nation), or sabotaging governmental facilities, equipment or suppliers of the government, like an aircraft factory. During U.S. participation in World War II (1941-1945) several leaders of the German-American Bund, a pro-Nazi organization, were tried and convicted of sedition for actively interfering with the war effort. Since freedom of speech, press and assembly are guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and because treason and espionage charges can be made for overt acts against the nation's security, sedition charges are rare.

    See also: espionage treason
    - law.com Law Dictionary

    Please don't play silly word games with me.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-13-10 at 04:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •