View Poll Results: Is Taxation Slavery?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 17.14%
  • No

    78 74.29%
  • Other (Explain)

    9 8.57%
Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 872

Thread: Is Taxation Slavery?

  1. #261
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    According to the Parlimentary Rules of Debate, which I sourced. He that asserts must prove.
    I did not assert anything. Your source did that. You still lose, LMAO! Oh my goodness you are well, special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #262
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    According to the Parlimentary Rules of Debate, which I sourced. He that asserts must prove.
    And because he who asserts uses the same source a previous assertor used...the second assertion is invalid???
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #263
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    And because he who asserts uses the same source a previous assertor used...the second assertion is invalid???
    Yes according to Patriot logic. LMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #264
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    And because he who asserts uses the same source a previous assertor used...the second assertion is invalid???
    Yes because it requires your own independent source.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Have fun in Somalia!
    Somalia was the result of a failed state and a civil war between two illegitimate entities vying to obtain a monopoly on the use of force, in fact anarcho-capitalism was the only thing that brought them out of their turmoil the only thing that brought back some semblance of security was militias turned into for profit security agencies and private enterprise providing necessary services; such as, telecommunications via cell phone kiosks.

    Failed state + civil war =/= anarchy.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Then you have three options if you don't like it. You can agitate for change in the system peacefully, you can try to change it by force, or you can leave.
    The individual should have the right of secession.

    I could give you some great philosophers on the subject if you're interested, but I would disagree you don't own yourself.
    Well then you have just admitted that all citizens living under a state sovereign are nothing but slaves IE property of the state.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Angry are we, Agent Ferris?? I send my taxes in quarterly. Wouldn't have to if I didn't want to. In fact, there are tax protesters all over the place who use legal angles to wrangle their way into not paying. Perhaps you should look into that. Or quit work. Or move to "that other country."
    Actually those protesters have been arrested, prosecuted, and sentenced to prison terms or murderered by the state as has been the case since the Whiskey Rebellion.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    There are LOTS of things my government does that I disagree with. There are LOTS of things it spends money on that I don't like. There are LOTS of tax laws I hate.

    But I'm a patriotic American, and a loyal American, and I know that this is what democracy is all about. I won't always get my way.

    And when I want change, I work for campaigns, contribute, vote, contact my congressman, and work, because in America that's how things get done.

    I suppose I could sit back and whine and claim that every time the majority elects politicians I don't like who do things I disagree with that I was a "slave" being "robbed" but I can't, because I'm a patriot. I know that's how it works -- because there are also things the government does that I agree with completely and thus someone else is upset. That's how it works. I don't always get my way, and other people don't always get their way. That's democracy.

    I seriously have to question whether someone who didn't understand this basic concept would be a true American.
    Nationalistic flag waving is a pretty poor justification for state tyranny.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No. I mean clean and cheap water
    Half of America's water supply comes from private water utilities firms, and another 15% on top of that drink from privately owned wells.

    and power.
    80% of electicity in the U.S. is produced by private utilities.

    Good and well kept roads.
    I don't know what roads you've been driving on. Regardless the responsibility of road upkeep and repair is contracted out to private agencies as is the construction of roads themselves, but they are payed by the state, however, they could easily pay for the construction and upkeep of these roads through tolls. You do realize that the toll roads payed for by taxpayer money are still collecting tolls even though you've already payed for them?

    Professional police departments etc.
    Ah the state racketeering scheme at its finest, you are literally are paying the state protection money, if you don't pay these professional police forces aka gangs will come and slap handcuffs on you, if you resist you will be beaten or killed.

    All things that the people I have an opportunity to vote for or against help maintain.
    If this was a free society you would have a right to opt out of such "services".

    According to whom? You?
    According to any rational observer, the state is a legalized monopoly which has the sole authority to exercise the use of force.

    Wow, that is so typical of the "I hate government no matter what crowed." I am no fan of big government, but it could be so much worse. If you don't like our system, you can always move? I would.
    Petitio Principii begging the question logical fallacy because this line of argument must pre-suppose its own conclusion that the state is legitimate:

    "I think that the person who makes this argument is already assuming that the government has some legitimate jurisdiction over this territory. And then they say, well, now, anyone who is in the territory is therefore agreeing to the prevailing rules. But they’re assuming the very thing they're trying to prove – namely that this jurisdiction over the territory is legitimate. If it's not, then the government is just one more group of people living in this broad general geographical territory. But I've got my property, and exactly what their arrangements are I don't know, but here I am in my property and they don't own it – at least they haven't given me any argument that they do – and so, the fact that I am living in "this country" means I am living in a certain geographical region that they have certain pretensions over – but the question is whether those pretensions are legitimate. You can’t assume it as a means to proving it." -- Roderick Long Libertarian Anarchism: Responses to Ten Objection

    Throw out we the people vote the people into office.

    I mean really, it's a good thing that people with that mind set are in the lunatic fringe and have no chance of ever gaining any power.
    Yes us crazy lunatics what with our crazy outrageous ideas like the contractual society, the right to self ownership, and the non-aggression principle, I mean that's way crazier than centralizing the use of force into a singular monopoly which is not only above the law but writes the law.

    I am a statist now? LMAO! I am about as far as you can get from that. I am a realist though. We have a system and we have to work to better it. This means realistic goals and not libertarian or green party Utopian pipe dreams that belong on the fringe.
    Statist - Statism (or etatism) is an ideology advocating the use of states to achieve goals, both economic and social.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 07-13-10 at 01:04 AM.

  10. #270
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Is Taxation Slavery?

    Oh before I forget The Mark and Blackdog, liblady did state that the typical rebel soldier was uneducated. She said it in post #116. She asserted and you both defended, so now you have to provide proof to back up her claim.

    no, i'm saying that the typical rebel soldier was uneducated.
    Since she asserted that the typical rebel soldier was uneducated she had to provide proof to back up this assertation. She failed to do so. I provided proof of my statements regarding literacy in the south.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-13-10 at 01:04 AM.

Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •