View Poll Results: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

    9 39.13%
  • Democracy

    9 39.13%
  • Other (Explain)

    5 21.74%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 120

Thread: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

  1. #71
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    If that was the case then why are millions of prime acreage in the western states left in the hands of the government? Also, I said property owners not land owners. One can own condos and it is a type of property ownership. The republican system can work in today's modern age.
    Well that condo is built on this thing called land.. and part of its cost is also the land it is built on., but alright, fine... property ownership and the equivocation game.. fun!

    The bum in the alley owns the shirt on his back, it is his property.. he can vote, there over and done with.

    Want to equivocate any more?
    Last edited by marduc; 07-12-10 at 03:54 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  2. #72
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    A man has a good job. He works every day, pays taxes, contributes to society. He does not own, but prefers to rent, instead. Does he get to vote?

    I would submit, that his rental fees subsidize his landlord's property... maintenance and taxes. Therefore, though not an official property owner, he too can vote.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #73
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    Well that condo is built on this thing called land.. and part of its cost is also the land it is built on., but alright, fine... property ownership and the equivocation game.. fun!

    The bum in the alley owns the shirt on his back, it is his property.. he can vote, there over and done with.

    Want to equivocate any more?
    Is his shirt classified as real property under the law? Nope, but condos sure are.

  4. #74
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    A man has a good job. He works every day, pays taxes, contributes to society. He does not own, but prefers to rent, instead. Does he get to vote?

    I would submit, that his rental fees subsidize his landlord's property... maintenance and taxes. Therefore, though not an official property owner, he too can vote.
    Since he rents instead of buying then no he shouldn't have the ability to vote.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Since he rents instead of buying then no he shouldn't have the ability to vote.
    His rent contributes to the upkeep and taxation of the property where he resides. Without that money, the landlord would no longer be able to afford that property, and, without that added income that it generates, he might have to sell his property, and also become a renter. You are overlooking the contribution that he makes to society on many levels, and the impact that what he does has on others. Your proposal is doing precisely what I said. Creating a plutocracy. It's a ridiculous and short-sighted proposal that would result in tyranny.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #76
    Student Goof Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    11-11-10 @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    257

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    works for me and those of us in the top bracket should have more votes than someone in the bottom one
    Not everyone's American dream is to make millions. Why should someone making a million a year get more votes then someone who makes 200,000? If you really think this way then maybe you should take tax reform out of the voting issue.
    Failure is made possible by liberty.

  7. #77
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    His rent contributes to the upkeep and taxation of the property where he resides. Without that money, the landlord would no longer be able to afford that property, and, without that added income that it generates, he might have to sell his property, and also become a renter. You are overlooking the contribution that he makes to society on many levels, and the impact that what he does has on others. Your proposal is doing precisely what I said. Creating a plutocracy. It's a ridiculous and short-sighted proposal that would result in tyranny.
    His rent is a business arrangement for the benefit of both parties, but it should not grant privileges that he would not otherwise be eligible for. The landlord doesn't have to rent the property out and could leave it empty if he so desires. The renter has no choice if the landlord decides to rent or not to since it is not his property to dictate to. This gives the renter incentive to purchase instead of rent which improves and betters his life. It is a meritocracy not a plutocracy. Wealth plays no role in the determination of voting since the poorest person can own property. For reference here is the definition of meritocracy compliments of The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.

    A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement.

  8. #78
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Is his shirt classified as real property under the law? Nope, but condos sure are.
    Whre did this "real" property concept come from? that was not a part of your attempted condo equivocation and you are now tryng to redefine the terms after the fact.. you said property ownership, not "real" property.

    and since your equivocation revolved around wanting to make this point clear:

    I said property owners not land owners.
    and override these sentences that launched the thread where you presented a variation of the term land owner not once, but (3) times

    When the 13 independent colonies were freed from the grip of Great Britain, the standard voting practice was done with public votes by land owners. The thinking was that those that actually owned land had a stake in the welfare of the city/county/state/country they resided in and to prevent masses of people from voting themselves largesse from the land owners.
    It would have behooved you to actually specify "real" property.

    it would have not only clarified your revised position, it would have made my joining in on the equivocation game a bit harder.

    So your revised revised position is now "real" property holders.. gotcha, We have already established quite a few reasons why that is flawed and we have wasted a few posts on your attempts to redefine your position, and are back where we left off with you holding a very leaky bucket.
    Last edited by marduc; 07-12-10 at 04:31 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  9. #79
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Wealth plays no role in the determination of voting since the poorest person can own property.
    property is a form of wealth, even moreso if ones voting rights hinged upon it.

    Plutocracy is absolutely correct.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #80
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    His rent is a business arrangement for the benefit of both parties, but it should not grant privileges that he would not otherwise be eligible for. The landlord doesn't have to rent the property out and could leave it empty if he so desires. The renter has no choice if the landlord decides to rent or not to since it is not his property to dictate to. This gives the renter incentive to purchase instead of rent which improves and betters his life. It is a meritocracy not a plutocracy. Wealth plays no role in the determination of voting since the poorest person can own property. For reference here is the definition of meritocracy compliments of The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition.

    A system in which advancement is based on individual ability or achievement.
    No, it's a plutocracy. You are basing achievement on a very narrow set of standards, mostly that adhere to monetary gains. Historically, property owners have been the wealthy. There are plenty of ways to contribute to society, to add to society, and to achieve... most of which have zero to do with property or money. Your position does not reward achievement. It rewards ownership and monetary gain. That is why it is a plutocracy, something that always leads to tyranny. You are proposing a tyrannical system.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •