View Poll Results: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican

    9 39.13%
  • Democracy

    9 39.13%
  • Other (Explain)

    5 21.74%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 120

Thread: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

  1. #31
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    so you'd have the rich more or less running the country?
    You know who got us our freedom from Great Britain? It was the wealthy land owners like James Madison and Patrick Henry. It wasn't the bottom feeders of their day that got us our freedom.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    so you'd have the rich more or less running the country?
    Certainly no different then it is now
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Not at all.

    For someone to use these services we don't have any expectations, other than an arbitrary standard of poor.
    There is no requirement to even lift oneself from the use of these services.

    Yet we require those, who do not use public safety nets, to pay more.
    Now you are complicating the issue. You are talking about two different folks... those who try to rise about welfare, and those who don't. I'm talking in general. How would you make that distinction? Who would control this? It's interesting that what you folks are talking about is tyranny... something that I thought those of you on your side of the political spectrum are against.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Seems to me that our right wing friends... since these are the folks recommending this, are wanting to turn the US into an official plutocracy. Amazing. I thought that you folks were for equal rights and such. You know, people are BORN equal.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #35
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Using the net contributor method to determine voting

    Would this be on a total basis regarding local, state and federal taxes (including those paid indirectly rent used to pay property taxes)

    Or would this be based on whether you pay more in local taxes then you get back from local services allowing you to vote locally, and so on up the chain.

    What of those that work for the government?

    Should tax officials get to vote, what about sanitation engineers, they are leeching off taxpayers
    Last edited by Lord Tammerlain; 07-12-10 at 12:31 AM.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  6. #36
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Seems to me that our right wing friends... since these are the folks recommending this, are wanting to turn the US into an official plutocracy. Amazing. I thought that you folks were for equal rights and such. You know, people are BORN equal.
    Actually, it's a meritocracy I'm advocating. There's nothing prohibiting someone from bettering themselves by becoming a property owner. The government just has to keep its hands out of things it doesn't belong in to get it to work.

  7. #37
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Certainly no different then it is now
    well, they still only have one vote, they have to pay for the rest, with his idea, they'd have thousands of votes each.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #38
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Now you are complicating the issue. You are talking about two different folks... those who try to rise about welfare, and those who don't. I'm talking in general. How would you make that distinction? Who would control this? It's interesting that what you folks are talking about is tyranny... something that I thought those of you on your side of the political spectrum are against.
    I'm of two minds, if we aren't going to be a freedom based society.
    I'd rather the fascist approach, there is at least a minimum expectation out of everyone.

    It's ridiculous to have such a glaring double standard on the citizenry.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #39
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    Actually, it's a meritocracy I'm advocating. There's nothing prohibiting someone from bettering themselves by becoming a property owner. The government just has to keep its hands out of things it doesn't belong in to get it to work.
    Once you start limiting the rights of others, for any reason, you head down the path of tyranny.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Republican vs. Democracy Voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'm of two minds, if we aren't going to be a freedom based society.
    I'd rather the fascist approach, there is at least a minimum expectation out of everyone.

    It's ridiculous to have such a glaring double standard on the citizenry.
    You're looking at this in an absolute, all-or-nothing sense. Fascism is probably the most efficient form of government, however, it is also the form of government that has the most potential for abuse.

    Now, to me, restricting voting rights is the antithesis of what this country is about. Once you do that, you head towards tyranny, precisely the opposite of what this country was founded upon. I have an alternative. Folks on welfare DO need to demonstrate some effort in getting off welfare. Without this demonstration, do not remove their voting rights. Remove their welfare benefits.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •