View Poll Results: Which tax system is most 'fair'?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Progressive Tax

    90 42.25%
  • Regressive Tax

    0 0%
  • Flat Percentage Tax Rate

    104 48.83%
  • Flat Dollar Tax

    5 2.35%
  • Other

    14 6.57%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 327

Thread: Which tax system is most 'fair'

  1. #311
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Nah, he's a winner because he realizes what he has to do to be responsible for his own upkeep rather than the slugs who sit back and whine that they cannot make it because the rich took all the wealth
    I am not sure I follow your logic. He is a winner because he isn't whining, yet someone else who makes the same as him is a loser because they are whining? Sounds like you just want people who are sounding out against your elitest attitiude to shut the f#k up so that you don't loose your special status.

  2. #312
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I already gave my answer on what is fair. Here it is for reference.

    The only fair tax that is directly laid on the people is one of apportionment. All others are unfair since it presupposes that you do not have the right to enjoy the gains of your own industry and the right to own and dispose of your property as you see fit.
    Good, you're back on topic from your fallacious response to .. who knows what.

    Of course "apportionment" is utterly vague unless you say how much RELATIVE apportionment.
    If you MEAN (probably) equal apportionment/same tax rate .. AGAIN.. that's very difficult.
    The example two pages ago of what ie, 25% means to someone with 20k-25k Income vs what it means to someone with $4 Mil income.
    Untenable.. is a word that comes to mind.
    And in a democracy with the bulk of people in the bottom 2/3, unlikely lest they Dupe poor conservatives. Which they have had some success with with things like 'FairYtax'.
    Last edited by mbig; 07-15-10 at 11:30 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  3. #313
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Good you're back on topic from your fallacious response to .. who knows what.

    Of course "apportionment" is utterly vague unless you say how much RELATIVE apportionment.
    If you MEAN (probably) equal apportionment/same tax rate .. AGAIN.. that's very difficult.
    The example two pages ago of what ie, 25% means to someone with 20k-25k Income vs what it means to someone with $4 Mil income.
    Untenable.. is a word that comes to mind.
    And in a democracy with the bulk of people in the bottom 2/3, unlikely lest they Dupe poor conservatives. Which they have had some success with with things like 'FairYtax'.
    First, the original Constitution specifies that direct taxes must be equal by the number of people regardless of how much money they make. The only reason it was written that way is that any direct tax is an unfair one. The other reason is that you either have the absolute right to enjoy the gains of your own industry and the right to own and dispose of your property as you see fit. It also has the reason of that you own your own body and can do what you will with it. Show me where at in the Constitution the word democracy appears.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-15-10 at 11:33 PM.

  4. #314
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I am not sure I follow your logic. He is a winner because he isn't whining, yet someone else who makes the same as him is a loser because they are whining? Sounds like you just want people who are sounding out against your elitest attitiude to shut the f#k up so that you don't loose your special status.
    loose your special status? I want to be left alone and not have my wealth continually confiscated by parasites



  5. #315
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Good, you're back on topic from your fallacious response to .. who knows what.

    Of course "apportionment" is utterly vague unless you say how much RELATIVE apportionment.
    If you MEAN (probably) equal apportionment/same tax rate .. AGAIN.. that's very difficult.
    The example two pages ago of what ie, 25% means to someone with 20k-25k Income vs what it means to someone with $4 Mil income.
    Untenable.. is a word that comes to mind.
    And in a democracy with the bulk of people in the bottom 2/3, unlikely lest they Dupe poor conservatives. Which they have had some success with with things like 'FairYtax'.
    why does patriot have a duty to pay for your existence? Your life is not his fault



  6. #316
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    First, the original Constitution specifies that direct taxes must be equal by the number of people regardless of how much money they make. The only reason it was written that way is that any direct tax is an unfair one. Show me where at in the Constitution the word democracy appears.
    Can you point to that? there was an amendment to the constitution that indicates otherwise. Amendments are just as much a part of the constitution as the "origional" part. If we are just talking about "fair", what does the constitution have to do with "fair" anyhow?

  7. #317
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    First, the original Constitution specifies that direct taxes must be equal by the number of people regardless of how much money they make. The only reason it was written that way is that any direct tax is an unfair one. Show me where at in the Constitution the word democracy appears.
    You're off on a tangent again.
    This string is about "fair" (and what I'm pointing out...'doable'.. a part of 'fair') not what one's Opinion of Constitutional Law is.
    If you feel, as many do, Income taxes (or some feel any taxes) are illegal.. I'm sure there's already several strings on THAT issue. And probably some people in Jail for acting on the same belief you have.
    Last edited by mbig; 07-15-10 at 11:36 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  8. #318
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Can you point to that? there was an amendment to the constitution that indicates otherwise. Amendments are just as much a part of the constitution as the "origional" part. If we are just talking about "fair", what does the constitution have to do with "fair" anyhow?
    true-that is all correct.



  9. #319
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why does patriot have a duty to pay for your existence? Your life is not his fault
    I cant seem to find the post where mbig asked patriot to pay for his existance. Can you tell my what post # that was?

  10. #320
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Can you point to that? there was an amendment to the constitution that indicates otherwise. Amendments are just as much a part of the constitution as the "origional" part. If we are just talking about "fair", what does the constitution have to do with "fair" anyhow?
    I used the word original to indicate what the founding fathers thought not a bunch of progressive socialists born a 100 years later thought. This goes back to the foundation of this country. You either can own your own body, have the right to the gains of your own industry, have the right to own and dispose of your property as you see fit, or you don't.
    Last edited by The_Patriot; 07-15-10 at 11:40 PM.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •