View Poll Results: Which tax system is most 'fair'?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Progressive Tax

    90 42.25%
  • Regressive Tax

    0 0%
  • Flat Percentage Tax Rate

    104 48.83%
  • Flat Dollar Tax

    5 2.35%
  • Other

    14 6.57%
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 327

Thread: Which tax system is most 'fair'

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    07-14-10 @ 09:58 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    42

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    All the ones in effect today because they've all survived the test of time. It's not about morality, it's about legal obligation and paying your share.

    ricksfolly
    some just have to pay a larger percentange than others right? because theyre successful, right?

    damn, id be ashamed if i was in a low tack bracket and mooching off those who worked hard.

  2. #282
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 View Post
    some just have to pay a larger percentange than others right? because theyre successful, right?

    damn, id be ashamed if i was in a low tack bracket and mooching off those who worked hard.
    some on this board not only are proud of it, they are angry if you call them moochers or parasites. They have grown up in the dem entitlement society where they are taught that your money was probably "stolen" from others and rightfully belongs to them.



  3. #283
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Or a guy claiming that he is conservative yet he thinks that he has some type of special right to the wealth of someone else.
    that sure hasn't come from me-though I did see another poster who claims to be conservative who is more a fascist-statist. But if my father decided to leave his estate to his sons, that was his right and for you to claim I have no right to it is specious horse dung

    I am sorry that you are upset you didn't get the same breaks but that's life and you certainly have no just claim to what I was willed.



  4. #284
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I will address your main point as soon as you address my main point that the productivity of people who receive government services, such as children going to public school and the disabled who receive prosthetics and other assistance contribute more to society than they take from tax dollars.
    I deny that claim of yours



  5. #285
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How about Article I Section 8.
    LOL

    fail



  6. #286
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    Turtledude,

    Obviously progressive taxes have a redistributional effect. However, you must acknowlege everything the government does has distributive consequences.

    Have fun working!
    NOt redistributive.



  7. #287
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    some on this board not only are proud of it, they are angry if you call them moochers or parasites. They have grown up in the dem entitlement society where they are taught that your money was probably "stolen" from others and rightfully belongs to them.
    It's common knowledge that rich get richer because Congress makes it easier for them with corporation welfare, Lax truth in advertising laws, where untold billions are squeezed out of deluded suckers every day with products that don't work. All because the government adopted the ruling where unsuspecting buyers get screwed and have no recourse... Let the buyer beware... It should read, Beware of unscrupulous sellers.

    How to make a quick million... Screw a million suckers out of a dollar each, or 100,000 for ten dollars.

    ricksfolly

  8. #288
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    It's common knowledge that rich get richer because Congress makes it easier for them with corporation welfare, Lax truth in advertising laws, where untold billions are squeezed out of deluded suckers every day with products that don't work. All because the government adopted the ruling where unsuspecting buyers get screwed and have no recourse... Let the buyer beware... It should read, Beware of unscrupulous sellers.

    How to make a quick million... Screw a million suckers out of a dollar each, or 100,000 for ten dollars.

    ricksfolly
    that is as idiotic as claiming that the rules of Golf allow Tiger woods to become richer than say a guy who barely earned a tour card.

    deluded suckers? I believe in darwinian evolution.



  9. #289
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is as idiotic as claiming that the rules of Golf allow Tiger woods to become richer than say a guy who barely earned a tour card.

    deluded suckers? I believe in darwinian evolution.
    Me too!
    And that's why I showed what would/DID happen and what unmitigated Social Darwinism looked like for 5000 years (Serfs and Castles etc) and why they instituted the Income tax in this country.
    And why you couldn't answer then and still can't.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058853836

    So what will you do when "Fair" leads to a few percent having all the marbles? Which it will with no progressivity.
    Do you really think People making $20k or $25k can pay a "fair"/Flat 25% as someone make $4 million can?
    I don't want his BLOOD/FOOD money and he can't give it.

    A FEW people ARE Much, Much, better than the rest in making money.... or keeping it.
    Thus revolution in some countries and voting an income tax in this country and other democracies.
    First just on the very rich, then a progressive tax Creating the world's largest Middle Class/people with a vested interest.
    That's what America's success is; a large Middle class.
    Tho incomes/assets are polarizing again because the very high Top tax rates of the 50's-80s are now much LESS Progressive.

    Proof of the Pudding:
    Thus, even at current Rates congress (Both parties) have several times had to send out Stimulous checks to make the current tax Less regressive so that the little guy can afford to buy the Goods (Cars, computers, etc) from the companies the big guys own. Even the self-interested big guys (like me and the Congressional GOP) understand this. But you want to squeeze the little consumer even more with a more regressive/flatter/"fairer" tax.
    Yes, even WITH current very mildly Progressive rates.. we still need 'prebates'.
    Last edited by mbig; 07-15-10 at 07:34 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  10. #290
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Me too!
    And that's why I showed what would/DID happen and what unmitigated Social Darwinism looked like for 5000 years (Serfs and Castles etc) and why they instituted the Income tax in this country.
    And why you couldn't answer then and still can't.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1058853836

    So what will you do when "Fair" leads to a few percent having all the marbles? Which it will with no progressivity.
    Do you really think People making $20k or $25k can pay a "fair"/Flat 25% as someone make $4 million can?
    I don't want his BLOOD/FOOD money and he can't give it.

    A FEW people ARE Much, Much, better than the rest in making money.... or keeping it.
    Thus revolution in some countries and voting an income tax in this country and other democracies.
    First just on the very rich, then a progressive tax Creating the world's largest Middle Class/people with a vested interest.
    That's what America's success is; a large Middle class.
    Tho incomes/assets are polarizing again because the very high Top tax rates of the 50's-80s are now much LESS Progressive.

    Proof of the Pudding:
    Thus, even at current Rates congress (Both parties) have several times had to send out Stimulous checks to make the current tax Less regressive so that the little guy can afford to buy the Goods (Cars, computers, etc) from the companies the big guys own. Even the self-interested big guys (like me and the Congressional GOP) understand this. But you want to squeeze the little consumer even more with a more regressive/flatter/"fairer" tax.
    Yes, even WITH current very mildly Progressive rates.. we still need 'prebates'.
    If it matters, with my limited knowledge of the subject, and using my poor week brain , I had a thought...

    It seems to me that a less "progressive" income/earnings tax would encourage people to make more, as the more they make, the more they keep.

    Now, as I understand the current system, this is already the case...

    But a balance between rates that are too high and rates that are too low seems the optimum here.

    Personally, I think that rates should not rise much at all up to and including an income (single or combined) of $300,000-400,000/year.

    After that, sharper rate increases with earnings increases would, IMO, have less effect on people.

    True, no matter the amount I was earning, I would like to keep 100% of it (wouldn't we all) to do with as I wished.

    Hell, if I made that much, I would likely give some to charity.

    But I dunno.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •