View Poll Results: Which tax system is most 'fair'?

Voters
213. You may not vote on this poll
  • Progressive Tax

    90 42.25%
  • Regressive Tax

    0 0%
  • Flat Percentage Tax Rate

    104 48.83%
  • Flat Dollar Tax

    5 2.35%
  • Other

    14 6.57%
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 327

Thread: Which tax system is most 'fair'

  1. #131
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You're really great at posting useless off-topic stuff.
    Not really right wing nut job. People brought up class struggle.. and how hard it was for rich people so I though it was relavent.


  2. #132
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Statists like you make it easy for them. PROTIP: for the most part, the super-rich never bear the brunt of State banditry, i.e., taxation. They can always find a way to buy their way out. No wonder the Democratic Party is the #1 party of billionaires. The Republican Party is #2. The Libertarian Party isn't even on the radar. The State is and always has been in bed with the parasitic capitalist classes as opposed to self-made entrepreneurs. Statists work overtime to make life ever easier for the former and harder for the latter.
    right.. must be what happened when libertarian philosophy took over the political parties financial policies. TAX CUTS TAX CUTS TAX CUTS, Deregulation, free market polices, globalization, anti union policies.. insanely in favour of the wealthy and detrimental to the masses. Just massive incessant dogmatic adherence to libertarian fiscal policies has created the cozy business environment in capital hill. Go ahead deny it all you want I pretty much expect you will for the sake of your ideology.. to be right about the thing you believe in. But inside you know your indulging poorly constructed wanttabe sophist arguments.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-11-10 at 06:06 PM.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    11-20-14 @ 05:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    316
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Other: FairTax

  4. #134
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    I voted other since the way the founding fathers implemented it prohibited consumption, progressive, and other taxation in the Constitution. Their idea of a fair tax system was one by the number of people living in every state and everyone paying an equal amount regardless of income. Say that the federal government needed $50 million for a certain measure and there are 1 million people living in each state. The end result is that everyone paid $1 tax to the state government for collection before being sent to the federal government. Goods imported from one state to another are exempt from taxation by the federal and state governments. The only fair consumption tax is one where the goods are exported outside of the US and goods that are imported from overseas. Taxes on gas produced in Texas and sold in Iowa are unfair since it penalizes a company in the several states just by producing a certain good. Now taxing a company in France for exporting gas into the US for sale in Iowa is completely fair due to the company not being in the several states and gives incentive for a gas company to spring up within the US.

  5. #135
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    I voted other since the way the founding fathers implemented it prohibited consumption, progressive, and other taxation in the Constitution. Their idea of a fair tax system was one by the number of people living in every state and everyone paying an equal amount regardless of income. Say that the federal government needed $50 million for a certain measure and there are 1 million people living in each state. The end result is that everyone paid $1 tax to the state government for collection before being sent to the federal government. Goods imported from one state to another are exempt from taxation by the federal and state governments. The only fair consumption tax is one where the goods are exported outside of the US and goods that are imported from overseas. Taxes on gas produced in Texas and sold in Iowa are unfair since it penalizes a company in the several states just by producing a certain good. Now taxing a company in France for exporting gas into the US for sale in Iowa is completely fair due to the company not being in the several states and gives incentive for a gas company to spring up within the US.
    That wouldn't work.

  6. #136
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What creates class warfare is a widening of the gap between the wealthy socially privileged and the underprivileged working poor. Many wealthy have done nothing or do very little compared to working class citizens.. They don't have to.

    Your argument does not get to the heart of the matter. The axiom of needs having cost to live in a capitalist society is a greater cost to low income people then wealthy. The wealthy spend a microscopic percentage of their money on needs. Hence forth in a consumer market where such a large percentage of the population lives and works a flat tax is disproportionately punishing to the working class.

    A flat tax is less fair to the working class and increases the wealth of the upper economic strata by differing it to lower incomes.

    A flat tax is not appropriate a progressive taxation is by far more egalitarian and fair. Arguing the rich deserve all the money they have is blatantly morally and intellectually dishonest. One can only rationalise that it is done out of shear political ideological partisanship and nauseating to anyone with a sense of fairness. You have no argument. You are suggesting working poor don't work? The wealthy deserve what they get from swindling the poor on cost of labour and selling the goods derived from that at a higher value then they paid for it.
    your idiotic attacks on the rich that assume the rich somehow did something improper destroys and credibility you have on the issue. Does Elton John or the Eagles swindle people by charging 100 dollars a ticket? How about Andy Roddick making a few million a year hitting a tennis ball? what about a top doctor who has more people demanding his services than he has time? WTF have they swindled?

    those who whine that the rich are rich due to cheating sounds like a poor loser.



  7. #137
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    That wouldn't work.
    only because the dems have created a nation of dependents. BUt I agree that there will always be some who don't pay their fair share. SOme are disabled and some were disabled in the service of their country and need others to carry the load for them. BUt there are way too many people who are dependency addicts and are so because the dems realize that such people are tools of the dem party and give them votes. It is absolutely disgusting that those who make no contribution to the public treasury have just as much of a say in its allocation as those who contribute millions

    the libs constantly tell us that we have a duty to pay huge tax bills but yet these same class warfare types refuse to admit that the rich should be given some de JURE benefits BY THE GOVERNMENT for such de jure tax discrimination



  8. #138
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    You're really great at posting useless off-topic stuff.
    envy clouds rational thinking



  9. #139
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your idiotic attacks on the rich that assume the rich somehow did something improper destroys and credibility you have on the issue. Does Elton John or the Eagles swindle people by charging 100 dollars a ticket? How about Andy Roddick making a few million a year hitting a tennis ball? what about a top doctor who has more people demanding his services than he has time? WTF have they swindled?

    those who whine that the rich are rich due to cheating sounds like a poor loser.
    Funny on how fact of the matter is turned into some variety of attack.

  10. #140
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Which tax system is most 'fair'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Funny on how fact of the matter is turned into some variety of attack.
    what happened to your promise to ignore me?

    the vast majority of the rich are rich because they worked harder and smarter than people like you. Did you think every kid who made better grades than you in HS or College cheated?



Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •