View Poll Results: Check thread and read responses carefully

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    17 29.82%
  • B

    0 0%
  • C

    1 1.75%
  • D

    0 0%
  • E

    0 0%
  • F

    35 61.40%
  • G

    2 3.51%
  • H

    2 3.51%
  • I

    0 0%
  • J

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

  1. #11
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    As I am no longer of an age or health to be able to serve in the Military, broadly speaking 'I could not give a damn'.
    However were I of serving age and actually serving I would prefer NOT to serve alongside a practicing Homosexual.
    Having said that as a personal preference, if I was not given a choice but simply told to serve, then unless I were an Officer, I would simply have to obey, but if one got too friendly i would kill him.

  2. #12
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    As I am no longer of an age or health to be able to serve in the Military, broadly speaking 'I could not give a damn'.
    However were I of serving age and actually serving I would prefer NOT to serve alongside a practicing Homosexual.
    Having said that as a personal preference, if I was not given a choice but simply told to serve, then unless I were an Officer, I would simply have to obey, but if one got too friendly i would kill him.
    Officer's don't have to follow orders?

  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,877
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    As I am no longer of an age or health to be able to serve in the Military, broadly speaking 'I could not give a damn'.
    However were I of serving age and actually serving I would prefer NOT to serve alongside a practicing Homosexual.
    Having said that as a personal preference, if I was not given a choice but simply told to serve, then unless I were an Officer, I would simply have to obey, but if one got too friendly i would kill him.
    you're that insecure that you'd commit murder?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #14
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Officer's don't have to follow orders?
    juju is apparently going to become president.

    As far as I know, that's the only person in the entire CoC that doesn't take orders from anyone.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #15
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    you're that insecure that you'd commit murder?
    I think he's saying that, "If one got too friendly without my consent, I would kill him."

    Otherwise, I see no reason why he’d kill the guy, or at least no reasonable reason.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  6. #16
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    ..., but if one got too friendly i would kill him.

    Well thats one option..... Or you could just say "not interested, no thanks"....



    Either or...... :
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    but if one got too friendly i would kill him.
    I always find it funny when a straight guy goes this route. Most of the gay men I knew that have served have been quite capable of killing a man with their bare hands if he got violent. Gay men, on the whole, work on their physiques tirelessly and every one of them I have known in the military had a preference for contact and combat sports. They were more "manly" than their straight counterparts.

    Just my observation. Your mileage may vary.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,063

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I always find it funny when a straight guy goes this route. Most of the gay men I knew that have served have been quite capable of killing a man with their bare hands if he got violent. Gay men, on the whole, work on their physiques tirelessly and every one of them I have known in the military had a preference for contact and combat sports. They were more "manly" than their straight counterparts.

    Just my observation. Your mileage may vary.
    ... Whatever. You know you want me sugar bear.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... Whatever. You know you want me sugar bear.
    That's me. I am a pretty average guy on that scale but I didn't make a career out of the military. But, there was a certain appeal to the masculine cameraderie I had while serving for that brief time. And part of it was the edginess of knowing the guy right next to me might flip out and start a fight if he knew where I was, as rev put it, sticking my junk when I was off base.

    And let me add, if its a man's man I am going for, it would be one of the gay soldiers because they tend more toward hyper-masculinity than the straight ones I knew.
    Last edited by jallman; 07-13-10 at 12:30 AM.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,063

    Re: "Don't Ask Don't Tell" Soldier Survey... Change it no matter what?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's me. I am a pretty average guy on that scale but I didn't make a career out of the military. But, there was a certain appeal to the masculine cameraderie I had while serving for that brief time. And part of it was the edginess of knowing the guy right next to me might flip out and start a fight if he knew where I was, as rev put it, sticking my junk when I was off base.

    And let me add, if its a man's man I am going for, it would be one of the gay soldiers because they tend more toward hyper-masculinity than the straight ones I knew.
    .... It takes some gay ass cojones to say you don't care about about what gay people do in their spare time while being convinced they're just waiting for the right moment to do you. Masculine insecurity at its best.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •