View Poll Results: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, the democrats need more money to spend

    20 40.82%
  • No, I want to keep my own money

    29 59.18%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 181

Thread: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

  1. #131
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Indeed. All of them are in part rich because of the government.



    No, you said federal income + state income was "almost 50%", and that it was over counting all taxes. That isn't true either, but I was addressing your first claim:
    you misread what I said and you got called on it

    deal with it



  2. #132
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    remind me again what the topic of this thread is?
    Remind me where we are and what pages this is? You should know better. Furthermore, you are harping on a very dishonest argument.
    How about you do something other then throw out evidence free accusations?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #133
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Remind me where we are and what pages this is? You should know better. Furthermore, you are harping on a very dishonest argument.
    How about you do something other then throw out evidence free accusations?
    its not dishonest-I honestly believe everything I have written. I truly believe class envy and spite motivates the progressive income tax and an unbridled desire for power by those politicians who push it

    I couldn't care less if you don't like my opinions. People who want to jack my taxes up I see in the same light as some robber who comes in my house and seeks to steal what I have



  4. #134
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you misread what I said and you got called on it

    deal with it
    How can you claim that? It's right there in black and white kiddo:

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    my tax burden with state (8% in Ohio-wonder why Lebron James moved to florida and its ZERO income tax) and federal income tax will be almost 50% when the dem tax hikes hit next year. throw in property tax, sales tax and its over 50%
    You said that between state and federal income taxes, you think you're at almost 50%, with other taxes thrown in, you're over. That is false on both counts... You're clearly just making up numbers... Again...

  5. #135
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    I am not forgetting any significant tax. I have done this analysis for many, many income levels. Unless you had some very rare economic event, its rare that all in taxes exceed 36% (include sales, luxury taxes, FICA, property, income, state income).... again, taxes are often deductible, which lowers impact and kick in and kick out at different levels.... you all in taxes are considerably less than 50%....

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its not dishonest-I honestly believe everything I have written. I truly believe class envy and spite motivates the progressive income tax and an unbridled desire for power by those politicians who push it
    That is it, 100%. Anyone believing the politicians and "community organizers" give a crap about them can see the reason they're living in the slums by looking in the mirror.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I am not forgetting any significant tax. I have done this analysis for many, many income levels. Unless you had some very rare economic event, its rare that all in taxes exceed 36% (include sales, luxury taxes, FICA, property, income, state income).... again, taxes are often deductible, which lowers impact and kick in and kick out at different levels.... you all in taxes are considerably less than 50%....
    Hm....

    15.4% Socialist Security
    17% Federal income tax, $50K, single. (2009 1040A tax tables)
    5% California Tax, $50K, single.(2009 540 California tax tables)
    2% For all the petty withholding taxes.
    9% Sales taxes

    Hmm....15.4+17+5+2+9 = 48.4%

    Should we add in fuel taxes, registration fees, property taxes, telephone taxes, and all the other nickels and dimes our governments steal from us, and it's easy to see why tax freedom day is never in February.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 07-11-10 at 02:19 PM.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The Bush tax cuts are due to expire on 31 December 2010....Should they be extended?
    Poll fail: your OP question does not reflect your poll question and answers.

    The Bush tax cuts need to be made permanent.

  9. #139
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,136

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hm....

    15.4% Socialist Security
    17% Federal income tax, $50K, single. (2009 1040A tax tables)
    5% California Tax, $50K, single.(2009 540 California tax tables)
    2% For all the petty withholding taxes.
    9% Sales taxes

    Hmm....15.4+17+5+2+9 = 48.4%

    Should we add in fuel taxes, registration fees, property taxes, telephone taxes, and all the other nickels and dimes our governments steal from us, and it's easy to see why tax freedom day is never in February.
    Thanks for playing the straight man here!

    1) your social security tax rate is 7.65%, not 15.4 (the other amount is an employer tax... paid entirely by the employer, it ain't your money) I am employer. I pay these taxes, my employees do not. I set their salaries at market, this additional tax is over and above that salary.
    2) the 17% tax on federal income is on your TAXABLE income, not what you earned. Assuming you are single and do not itemize, you have a $5700 standard deduction and $3650 exemption, that is $9,350 of your income for which is exempt from Federal Income (and usually state income taxes). So, if your taxable income was $50,000, let me assume you had a salary of 59,350.... Hence you had an effective rate of 14%.
    3) If you itemized, you would be deducting your CA income tax on your federal return, hence you effective callifornia rate would be 5% * (1-25%) or 3.75%, but you did not itemize, so we will count the California rate at 5%...except, again its not on the whole income, so call it 4%
    4) Sales tax. The only way you paid 9% in sales tax is if you spend every penny on consumable goods and did not eat or have a roof over you head. We know that was not the case. Likely only 20% of your income went for goods subject to sales tax, but lets' call it 30% to cover your fuel and phone ... so you paid 9% on $17,800 this rounds up to 3% of your income
    5) Property taxes. Don't complain here, you don't itemize so you don't have property and property taxes. If you did, your income tax bill would have been lower
    6) Registration fees - are fees, that is their nature... to apply the incident to the user. Don't call them taxes
    7) Petty withholding taxes - I don't know what this is, so I will credit this to your account

    OK... shall we: 7.65+14+4+3+2= 30.65% (including all of your miscellaneous items, which you did not include)

    Thus proving my point, there is a general lack of understanding of how taxes work. People that just want to add one tax on top of another and work themselves into a frenzy with a bad conclusion and giving themselves undo heartburn.

  10. #140
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Should the Bush tax cuts be cancelled next year as Obama wants to do?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    That is it, 100%. Anyone believing the politicians and "community organizers" give a crap about them can see the reason they're living in the slums by looking in the mirror.
    lenin called such people USEFUL FOOLS or USEFUL IDIOTS.

    its like the morons who think Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton or the current marxist in chief wants to help them. In reality, those dems want to keep people dependent on the government and addicted to voting dems into wealth and power



Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •