View Poll Results: Should these Black Panthers be prosecuted?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    58 89.23%
  • No

    4 6.15%
  • Other

    3 4.62%
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 291

Thread: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    . . . . .

    Did I suggest that all Republicans were racist and crazy? Nope. I noted that the racists and crazies are restricted to the far right wing (aka, lunatic fringe). That does not, however, stop them from alienating black voters.

    For the record, I've voted Republican in 90% of the past 20 years worth of elections. Failing to address the actual problems of the party would be disloyal.

    So, your attempt here was a fail. I give you a C for the effort, though.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 07-08-10 at 12:39 PM.

  2. #152
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Did I suggest that all Republicans were racist and crazy? Nope. I noted that the racists and crazies are restricted to the far right wing (aka, lunatic fringe). That does not, however, stop them from alienating black voters.

    For the record, I've voted Republican in 90% of the past 20 years worth of elections. Failing to address the actual problems of the party would be disloyal.

    So, your attempt here was a fail. I give you a C for the effort, though.
    But in the other 10% of voting, you voted for Obama. Come on, admit it. It's written all over your posts, and anyone who dares to criticize the "messiah" is automatically deemed a racist. Republican? Not.

  3. #153
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Opinions like this can only keep Obama et. al. in office a long, long time. So, for that, my friend, I applaud you.
    Voter intimidation and voter fraud can keep him in office a long time. Well, just let the Black Panthers and other types try that at my polling place. There are a lot of good old boy red necks who wouldn't put up with that kind of intimidation. Can you say intimidate the intimidators?

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    But in the other 10% of voting, you voted for Obama. Come on, admit it. It's written all over your posts, and anyone who dares to criticize the "messiah" is automatically deemed a racist. Republican? Not.
    I did vote for Obama, as well as Alan Boyd, a local blue dog democrat. However, I've been sharply critical of the Obama administration for failing to deliver campaign promises.

    Furthermore, the fact that I voted for Obama has zero to do with recognizing that your posts are racist.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Voter intimidation and voter fraud can keep him in office a long time. Well, just let the Black Panthers and other types try that at my polling place. There are a lot of good old boy red necks who wouldn't put up with that kind of intimidation. Can you say intimidate the intimidators?
    Wow. So, you're suggesting that white thugs join the black thugs in intimidating voters? Awesome plan. This will be sure to work. I hope you join them, BM. I really do. Then, do us a favor and if they have internet access in jail, report on your findings.

    For the record, I believe the individuals from NBPP should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

  6. #156
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I did vote for Obama, as well as Alan Boyd, a local blue dog democrat. However, I've been sharply critical of the Obama administration for failing to deliver campaign promises.

    Furthermore, the fact that I voted for Obama has zero to do with recognizing that your posts are racist.
    Oh, so you are part of that far left fringe who doesn't think Obama has done enough. Now, I get it.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Oh, so you are part of that far left fringe who doesn't think Obama has done enough. Now, I get it.
    My views are clearly noted beneath my avatar, for those with basic reading comprehension skills. I'm actually extremely conservative on the issue of protecting the Bill of Rights from government intrusion, conservative on spending issues, libertarian on social liberties, and moderate on other issues.

    Is it possible that the world isn't really split into just progressives and extreme conservatives? Can you imagine a world with independents and centrists who can disapprove of torturing suspects without access to counsel because it undermines the safety of military personnel and the bill of rights? Can you imagine a world with independents and centrists who believe that the Patriot Act was a dangerous infringement on civil liberties? Can you imagine a world where a centrist can disapprove of both overt racism tainting the Republican Party (that would be your views) and race-based quotas?

    Try. Imagine a world where people think for themselves WITHOUT having their thoughts preprogrammed by some lunatic ranting on the radio. Imagine a world where people actually read books by the enlightenment thinkers that influenced the founding fathers in an attempt to understand what motivated their creation of this country.

    Hopefully, your head won't explode from the disruption of your false dichotomy paradigms.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 07-08-10 at 01:01 PM.

  8. #158
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The racism in this post is truly... well... horrid (as bolded by me of emphasis).

    Many in the black community vote Democrat, in my opinion, because it's a traditional thing. I don't think it's right, but it's their right. I've never seen a Democrat say that blacks are inferior to whites, ever. Democrats support things like racial quotas for jobs and affirmative action, and I think their motives may be debatable. However, there is no black enslavement to the Democrat party.

    With the Black Panthers case. I believe they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and shown no mercy when it comes to sentencing. I wonder if things would have been any different if an openly racist white supremacist group like the kkk was doing this.
    Other than the delivery...the simple fact of the matter is that the democrat party DOES pander to minorities and DOES continue to offer appeasement acts which have made MANY (not all) blacks dependent on the federal government. many politicians and black community leaders INTENTIONALLY create an atmosphere of hatred and dissent...and they do so for strictly personal gains. And if you dont think the affirmative action plans and lowered standards for minorities have created the idea that minorities are incapable of success without some form of intervention from the government...welll..lets just say I simply disagree.

    now...here is the ironic part...which of us in this exchange would be called the racist? ME of course. the ironic part is I believe blacks are every bit as capable of success as are whites or any other race. hell...I'll go you one further...we see blacks come into this country legally from Haiti and Ghana Somalia and other countries and start with nothing, work their ass off, and within a generation or two they are often owning homews, businesses, their children are succeeding in school...demonstrating an ability that far transcends race. So...why is that new immigrants can come into this country and succeed against all odds, while so many minorities dont (I wont say cant because of course they CAN)? Dont you think it has a LITTLE bit to do with the continued use of blacks and other economically challenged groups as a voting bloc?
    Last edited by VanceMack; 07-08-10 at 01:06 PM.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Other than the delivery...the simple fact of the matter is that the democrat party DOES pander to minorities and DOES continue to offer appeasement acts which have made MANY (not all) blacks dependent on the federal government. many politicians and black community leaders INTENTIONALLY create an atmosphere of hatred and dissent...and they do so for strictly personal gains. And if you dont think the affirmative action plans and lowered standards for minorities have created the idea that minorities are incapable of success without some form of intervention from the government...welll..lets just say I simply disagree.

    now...here is the ironic part...which of us in this exchange would be called the racist? ME of course. the ironic part is I believe blacks are every bit as capable of success as are whites or any other race. hell...I'll go you one further...we see blacks come into this country legally from Haiti and Ghana Somalia and other countries and start with nothing, work their ass off, and within a generation or two they are often owning homews, businesses, their children are succeeding in school...demonstrating an ability that far transcends race. So...why is that new immigrants can come into this country and succeed against all odds, while so many minorities dont (I wont say cant because of course they CAN)? Dont you think it has a LITTLE bit to do with the continued use of blacks and other economically challenged groups as a voting bloc?
    While I believe that BM's comments crossed the line into overt racism, I haven't seen anything in your comments that has raised my eyebrows.

  10. #160
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    As written, the law does not clearly make what they did illegal. When people asked them why they were there they just said "to keep everybody safe". When people asked if they could go in and vote, they said "yes". So really what they were actually doing was just standing there looking scary. The first and second amendments protect their rights to do that. And, in similar cases in the past, the DoJ has elected to dismiss charges. For example, there was a case with minutemen in AZ standing around outside polling places with guns hoping to scare off hispanic voters, but the DoJ did not prosecute them.

    So, do I think that what the new black panthers were doing was wrong, yes I do. Do I think it was clearly illegal under current law beyond a reasonable doubt, I am not convinced. Maybe the law needs to be changed to prohibit weapons and loitering and whatnot within x feet of a polling place because just looking scary and having a legal weapon isn't clearly a violation of the current law as far as I can tell.

    One interesting tidbit by the way is that the new black panthers immediately kicked those guys out and issued a statement that they never support anything that could even be seen as potential voter intimidation.
    Last edited by teamosil; 07-08-10 at 01:35 PM.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •