View Poll Results: Should these Black Panthers be prosecuted?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    58 89.23%
  • No

    4 6.15%
  • Other

    3 4.62%
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 291

Thread: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

  1. #111
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I believe they should. That doesn't mean that I don't think your sources suffer from fear of the black menace coupled with a bad case of hyperbole.


    I'm really posting the video... and it's three more links than the cause celeb you backed came up with with his evidence of others standing in front of a polling place with a gun.


    I guess it's the menace of bias.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I'm really posting the video... and it's three more links than the cause celeb you backed came up with with his evidence of others standing in front of a polling place with a gun.


    I guess it's the menace of bias.
    There's evidence that BPP members were standing in front of a polling place, brandishing firearms?

  3. #113
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,365

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There's evidence that BPP members were standing in front of a polling place, brandishing firearms?


    no keep up my fillie, The Good Reverend does understand he can be distracting given his magnificence, but lets not lose focus here.


    his retort to the billy club wielding black panther angels was in regards to others frequenting the polling places with guns. I asked him to identify these scofflaws.... He has failed.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    no keep up my fillie, The Good Reverend does understand he can be distracting given his magnificence, but lets not lose focus here.


    his retort to the billy club wielding black panther angels was in regards to others frequenting the polling places with guns. I asked him to identify these scofflaws.... He has failed.
    Oh, dammit. You've distracted me again, boo. I do love the word scofflaw. It's too seldom used in modern society, too.

  5. #115
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,352

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    That's because, unlike you, I don't post opinions about groups without doing appropriate research.
    You mean like when you said....

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I get that you all are afraid of black people
    and

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You are generalizing broadly simply because the BPP is black.


  6. #116
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,352

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Louis Farrakhan and Malcolm X founded the Nation of Islam (aka black muslim movement). Just because they are both black organizations that evolved during the 1960s does not make them the same groups, with the same goals.
    Never said they were all the same group. I said these men are heroes and idols of the Black Panthers.


  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I believe they should. That doesn't mean that I don't think your sources suffer from fear of the black menace coupled with a bad case of hyperbole.

    And, I don't find these guys particularly menacing. They certainly wouldn't stop me from voting. They look like underpaid rent-a-cops. The one on the left probably only weighs about 120 lbs and might be toppled in a stiff wind.

    They are BLACK, though. And black people ARE very scary. Just by virtue of being black, that is.
    To me its got nothing to do with them being black. If they were wearing similar things, white, and skin heads holding a club out in their hand while standing in front of a polling place when there's a candidate on that's being heralded by the fringe minority as some kind of savior to their views I'd have the same feeling towards them...that they're rather intimidating out front of a voting place.

    I'd feel the same way as well whether they had a gun out in their hand, a club, a knife, or any weapon in their hand. There's a large difference between a weapon on a person and a weapon being weilded in hand.

    The entire basis of your argument, which is frankly comes off as ignorant to me, is that people are reacting the way they are to these people in regards to "intimidation" because "They're black". Yet for that to be the reason for it then why is there not a wide spread panic every year when elections happen and...shock and awe....BLACK people go and vote. Sometimes they even go to vote and they're standing right next to white people! My god, there must be a panic forming because everyone that thinks these guys were attempting voter intimidation must be doing it because they're black men and black men are intimidating.

    No, "Black men" aren't intimidating. These particular black men, with a weapon in hand, with a look that suggests a rather outside of the mainstream point of view, loitering right in front of a polling place during an election with strong racial implications and where race was a routine hot button issue pushed by both sides.

    Know what else would be intimidating? White men, with a weapon in hand, with a look that suggests a rather outside of the mainstream point of view, loitering right outside of a polling place during an election where a candidate pushing for the repeal of affirmative action or the civil rights act. Would that mean WHITE PEOPLE! are intimidating? No, it would mean in that situation those specific white people were intimidating.

    Just as in this situtation it appears these men happened to be attempting to be intimidating.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    You mean like when you said....


    and
    I was taking you at your own words. For instance, you didn't even realize that NOI and BPP were two different organizations. You assumed that because they were black, they were one and the same. That's pretty abundantly clear.

    You've seriously showed your ass here. I'd recommend fleeing the thread.

  9. #119
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,352

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    To me its got nothing to do with them being black. If they were wearing similar things, white, and skin heads holding a club out in their hand while standing in front of a polling place when there's a candidate on that's being heralded by the fringe minority as some kind of savior to their views I'd have the same feeling towards them...that they're rather intimidating out front of a voting place.
    That's what I was about to say, but you said it much better than I could. I find this assumption that people are afraid of them simply because they're black ridiculous. I get nervous around ANYONE who I think might do me harm no matter what color their skin is.


  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you think these Black Panthers should be prosecuted for voter intimidation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    To me its got nothing to do with them being black.
    You need to read up the thread. There were several posts above that addressed this very topic, and that's what I was responding to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Black Panthers are intimidating even without a weapon. Just standing around menacingly with their black berets, black clothes, and jack boots is intimidating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Especially when you know what their leaders stand for (killing white people).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I agree....



    With the BPP, they historically engaged in very similar conduct to the tea parties...publicly displaying weapons at rallies, for instance to show that THEY ALSO had 2nd amendment rights. They were viewed by Washington and the federal law enforcement agencies as a huge national threat, to the point that COINTEL was targeted against them.

    Why were they viewed this way? Primarily because they were black.

    As far as standing outside a polling place with a weapon, it shouldn't be done---by anyone. That's why I've stated clearly---several times---that they should be prosecuted.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 07-07-10 at 04:10 PM.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •