View Poll Results: Do you support the Arizona immigration law?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have an opinion even though I didn't read the bill.

    4 5.26%
  • Yes

    60 78.95%
  • No

    10 13.16%
  • Somewhat

    2 2.63%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

  1. #1
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Well according to MSNBC polling 95% support the immigration law. What do you all think. Vote here and at the MSNBC poll!!

    msnbc.com U.S. & World News - Do you support Arizona's tough new law on illegal immigration?

  2. #2
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Its a nonscientific poll, so the results don't mean squat.

  3. #3
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Its a nonscientific poll, so the results don't mean squat.
    Please compare and contrast a scientific poll vs. a non scientific poll. I'm betting you wish the results "[didn't] mean squat," but they actually do. The fact that the spread is so large definitely means something. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not, but it's not meaningless!

  4. #4
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Please compare and contrast a scientific poll vs. a non scientific poll. I'm betting you wish the results "[didn't] mean squat," but they actually do. The fact that the spread is so large definitely means something. Is it 100% accurate? Probably not, but it's not meaningless!
    Before going any further. Please do assume what my motives are. Immigration reform is not an issue that I really care about so I am pretty neutral on this.

    Back to your point, the results are meaningless as the demographics behind it have not been balanced against the makeup of the general population.

  5. #5
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Argh I wish I knew how to use multi-quote. I'm still thinking you're against the Arizona immigration law. MSNBC tends to attract a more liberal audience, and therfore an audience that is more likely to be against the immigration law. The fact that it i so one sided does say something. It says that those who are at least somewhat informed have a tendancy to support the law.

  6. #6
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Its a nonscientific poll, so the results don't mean squat.
    I dont get why POPs matter anyways, they ask the opinion of people who probably have the wrong idea about whatever it is they're being polled
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  7. #7
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwingnutjob View Post
    Argh I wish I knew how to use multi-quote. I'm still thinking you're against the Arizona immigration law. MSNBC tends to attract a more liberal audience, and therfore an audience that is more likely to be against the immigration law. The fact that it i so one sided does say something. It says that those who are at least somewhat informed have a tendancy to support the law.
    Click on the little quotebox with a plus to select the posts, than choose the reply with quote link to put them all in one reply.

    Even though MSNBC might attract a more liberal audience, the poll is open to spamming from various sources such as reddit.com, free republic, 4chan, etc.

  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    In other news. This poll http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...elong-too.html states that majority of people are atheist/agnostic and of "other" religious beliefs. However, government census data tells us that Christians are still the largest religious group... The MSNBC poll means nothing and is not scientific. It doesn't accurately portray the public opinion of the Arizona bill.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #9
    Advisor Rightwingnutjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    09-05-10 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    420

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Even though MSNBC might attract a more liberal audience, the poll is open to spamming from various sources such as reddit.com, free republic, 4chan, etc.
    This makes sense. Also, thanks for the help with multi-quote.

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    In other news. This poll http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...elong-too.html states that majority of people are atheist/agnostic and of "other" religious beliefs. However, government census data tells us that Christians are still the largest religious group... The MSNBC poll means nothing and is not scientific. It doesn't accurately portray the public opinion of the Arizona bill.
    This is also a good point.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: MSNBC poll on immigration. You may be surprised!

    All the polls I've heard of on this issue have been way over 50% (most 60-80%) in favor of the law. Another case of big gov ignoring the American people.
    The MSNBC poll is a shocker though. Could be something fishy there. They are constantly bashing any form of securing the border. I've seen numerous bashings of Gov. Brewer and anyone who agrees with her. Maybe the MSNBC audiance isn't as biased as the network itself, but 95%?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •