View Poll Results: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wiind energy is great & complainers should adapt.

    29 38.67%
  • Wiind turbines are good & property owners should be justly compensated for decrease property value

    11 14.67%
  • I think Obama is an idiot

    8 10.67%
  • I'd be upset if wind turbines went up interfering with my view

    5 6.67%
  • The wind turbines should not be allowed to disrupt views

    2 2.67%
  • I think George W Bush ruined this nation

    3 4.00%
  • Other, please explain

    17 22.67%
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 206

Thread: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

  1. #161
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Is that why most of the ghettos are next to the dumps and junkyards?
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, or how that point is supposed to address what I said.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, or how that point is supposed to address what I said.
    You never seem to understand what I say. Listen to me now, please. You are very conservative, right? You hate government, right? Why do you then love the government when it enriches you and make the poor miserable? Because they are lazy?

  3. #163
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You never seem to understand what I say.
    I understand what you say perfectly.
    The question surrounding your statements, , if not factual accuracy, is then contextual relevance.

    Listen to me now, please. You are very conservative, right? You hate government, right? Why do you then love the government when it enriches you and make the poor miserable? Because they are lazy?
    Case in point.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I understand what you say perfectly.
    The question surrounding your statements, , if not factual accuracy, is then contextual relevance.


    Case in point.
    Case in point. You dodge the questions, again.

  5. #165
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Case in point. You dodge the questions, again.
    Irrelevant questions containing strawmwn and otherwise full of ignorance are meant to be ignored.

    When you can post something that addresses what I actually said, please do let us all know.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Irrelevant questions containing strawmwn and otherwise full of ignorance are meant to be ignored.

    When you can post something that addresses what I actually said, please do let us all know.
    I am under no obligation to address anything you said. I only post knowledge concerning truth, liberty, and justice across the fruited plains and majestic mountains.

  7. #167
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I am under no obligation to address anything you said
    Aha.
    Well, given your abilities, I don't blame you for chooding to fight agaist straw men.

  8. #168
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    However true this may or may not be, property value exists; actions you take that adversely affect that value cause harm to me.
    The thing is, you have no objective, finite measurement whatsoever for how much I've harmed you.

    Ergo, you cannot prove how much I've harmed you.

    Ergo, you cannot prove I've harmed you at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Again, this is part of the reason we have zoning laws and codes.
    I'd argue that zoning laws have a hell of a lot more to do with making sure that houses aren't built in industrial areas, and factories aren't built in residential areas, and that new construction in historically rich areas doesn't stick out like a sore thumb than they do with protecting your property values.

    They don't actually give a damn if your property values tank or not -- because your property taxes are calculated against how you're assessed. It's only if you fight them tooth and nail on it can you get any kind of an adjustment based on recent sales in the area, and even then it's always about a reduction in an increase, not a reduction in your taxes.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Aha.
    Well, given your abilities, I don't blame you for chooding to fight agaist straw men.
    I'm not chooding to fight against straw men. I am like Sergeant Friday, "just the facts".

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How do you feel about homeowners protesting electric generating wind turbines?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Aha.
    Well, given your abilities, I don't blame you for chooding to fight agaist straw men.
    I'm not chooding to fight against straw men. I am like Sergeant Friday, "just the facts".

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •