View Poll Results: Does a father have the right to stop an abortion?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, mother's choice only.

    43 65.15%
  • Yes, a father has rights too.

    16 24.24%
  • abortion should be illegal.

    7 10.61%
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 166

Thread: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

  1. #111
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How is abortion natural? If nature had its way the baby would be born no matter what. In this age of medical advancement and tech, I'm not advocating that. I'm advocating choice, for both the mother ,and the father. They both have rights IMO. There's no need to be sexist when it's convenient.
    It is a very slippery slope because if we gave men the right to decide what a woman can do to her body? It would open a very broad door to being able to overturning abortion rights for women.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #112
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I understand totally and that is your right and choice.

    Personally? I would never have one unless I got pregnant due to rape. I must tell you that I would pick to abort as there is just no way I could carry a child that is a result of rape. Is that selfish? Maybe.

    But I do support a womans choice and always will.
    I would do the same, and I don't think it's selfish. I wouldn't want a permanent reminder of possible the worst thing to ever happen to me.

  3. #113
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    It all goes back to the fundamental question - when does life begin? If it is a fetus, it is entirely the woman's choice. If it is a baby, the man should have a say and the responsibility that goes with it.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I understand totally and that is your right and choice.

    Personally? I would never have one unless I got pregnant due to rape. I must tell you that I would pick to abort as there is just no way I could carry a child that is a result of rape. Is that selfish? Maybe.

    But I do support a womans choice and always will.
    I can and do (often) defend a woman's right to abort in cases where she was raped.

    I hope you didn't believe otherwise.

  5. #115
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    09-14-10 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    158

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    How is abortion natural? If nature had its way the baby would be born no matter what. In this age of medical advancement and tech, I'm not advocating that. I'm advocating choice, for both the mother ,and the father. They both have rights IMO. There's no need to be sexist when it's convenient.
    Do you think a man should be able to legally prevent the woman from getting an abortion?
    Last edited by Magill; 07-03-10 at 01:22 AM. Reason: prevent is a better word

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nun-ya-dang Bidness
    Last Seen
    02-19-11 @ 03:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    It all goes back to the fundamental question - when does life begin? If it is a fetus, it is entirely the woman's choice. If it is a baby, the man should have a say and the responsibility that goes with it.
    I believe that there is another fundamental question to be considered; "How far would you (men only) be willing to go,... to defend your prenatal child from being killed by the woman you slept with?"

  7. #117
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    It all goes back to the fundamental question - when does life begin? If it is a fetus, it is entirely the woman's choice. If it is a baby, the man should have a say and the responsibility that goes with it.
    Personally I find abortion abhorrent, but I don't seek to impress my believes on other people and think it should remain legal.
    With that said, I think it should be the choice of the woman and the man before hand.
    If the man does not want to be a father before the child is born, he should have the legal ability to not be.
    The same should be true for the woman.

    After birth or notification, all bets are off.
    If you accept the child, you accept the responsibility.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #118
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,507

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magill View Post
    Do you think a man should be able to legally block the woman from getting an abortion?
    If he is going to take full responsibility for raising and supporting the child? Yes. In any other case, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #119
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    I believe that there is another fundamental question to be considered; "How far would you (men only) be willing to go,... to defend your prenatal child from being killed by the woman you slept with?"
    What could they do? The way the laws are now they would have to kipnap the pregnant woman and keep her locked up, fed, etc. til the baby was born.

    What other things could they do? I am drawing a blank here.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Does the father have a right to stop an abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    It is a very slippery slope because if we gave men the right to decide what a woman can do to her body? It would open a very broad door to being able to overturning abortion rights for women.
    I think thats a big leap. And I don't see it as them deciding what to do to our bodies. Just deciding on whether or not to have to opportunity to have their child. They wouldn't be able to tell us how to give birth, or to give birth if a doctor told us there was something wrong, and giving birth could kill us. Also you have to consider, that how many guys would be willing to enter a single parent situation with a new born? It wouldn't be sexist men, wanting to control women. It would men who would be loving fathers to their kids,( on the majority) and I can't find anything wrong with that.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •