View Poll Results: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'll be there protesting!

    10 9.09%
  • No! I'll be an audience member of the rally.

    56 50.91%
  • No. I wish I could go!

    28 25.45%
  • Yes! I can't go, but I'll speak out online or other ways.

    16 14.55%
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 461

Thread: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

  1. #351
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    So the children who have been helped and put through college are just actors?
    People often do good for selfish reasons. Sure he helped some children, but he is also helping himself.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 08-26-10 at 04:35 PM.

  2. #352
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    So the children who have been helped and put through college are just actors?
    show me in my posts where I said that....
    Note that SOWF is limited to Special Ops families. and that it has been around for 30 years, and that Glenn Blech is not the first to help raise funds for military related charitable organizations. He won't be the last either.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #353
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Restoring Honor - 8.28.10 go to his site and scroll to the bottom, you will find the following statement.

    This rally is compliant with IRS Rules and Regulations found in IRS publication 557 and IRS publication 4221-PC. For tax purposes a gift to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation is deductible in accordance with Internal Revenue Service's tax laws. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. The purchase of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is not a donation to SOWF, but all net proceeds from the sale of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is being donated to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. All contributions made to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010. All contributions in excess of these costs will then be retained by the SOWF. Tax ID 52-1183585.

    So we won't know what percentage of the take goes to SOWF until after all the rally expenses are paid. Of course, some of those expenses will be related to the care and feeding of one ego-testicle glenn beck...
    Last edited by UtahBill; 08-26-10 at 05:02 PM.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #354
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Restoring Honor - 8.28.10 go to his site and scroll to the bottom, you will find the following statement.

    This rally is compliant with IRS Rules and Regulations found in IRS publication 557 and IRS publication 4221-PC. For tax purposes a gift to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation is deductible in accordance with Internal Revenue Service's tax laws. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. The purchase of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is not a donation to SOWF, but all net proceeds from the sale of Restoring Honor Rally merchandise is being donated to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. All contributions made to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) will first be applied to the costs of the Restoring Honor Rally taking place on August 28, 2010. All contributions in excess of these costs will then be retained by the SOWF. Tax ID 52-1183585.

    So we won't know what percentage of the take goes to SOWF until after all the rally expenses are paid. Of course, some of those expenses will be related to the care and feeding of one ego-testicle glenn beck...
    The rally has been paid for for about a month or two now. All other donations (including Jon Hunstman's $50,000 and the auction that went for $75,000) goes to SOWF.


  5. #355
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    How does either of those 2 clowns have anything to do with college tuition for veteran's children?
    Special Operations Warrior Foundation [New Window]
    The Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) provides college scholarship grants, along with financial aid and educational counseling, to the children ...
    Special Operations Warrior Foundation

    After expenses all money from the rally goes here. All expenses have been met. SOWF stands to make out pretty good from the rally.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #356
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    show me in my posts where I said that....
    Note that SOWF is limited to Special Ops families. and that it has been around for 30 years, and that Glenn Blech is not the first to help raise funds for military related charitable organizations. He won't be the last either.
    In reply to my question if SOWF is just keeping the money, you said "No idea, wait and see."

    Who said he was the first or the last? Jeez louise. A guy does something honorable and you do everything possible to NOT say something nice.


  7. #357
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    The rally has been paid for for about a month or two now. All other donations (including Jon Hunstman's $50,000 and the auction that went for $75,000) goes to SOWF.
    THE JON HUNTSMAN? the billionaire or the politician?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #358
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    And I believe that Glenn will be presenting SOWF with a check Saturday.


  9. #359
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    In reply to my question if SOWF is just keeping the money, you said "No idea, wait and see."

    Who said he was the first or the last? Jeez louise. A guy does something honorable and you do everything possible to NOT say something nice.
    Not a week goes by that I don't get contacted 2 or 3 times by charitable organizations. I don't donate to any group until I have checked them out.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #360
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    THE JON HUNTSMAN? the billionaire or the politician?
    Huntsman Cancer Foundation - Huntsman Cancer Foundation

    http://www.huntsmancancerfoundation....e.aspx?pid=292


Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •