View Poll Results: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'll be there protesting!

    10 9.09%
  • No! I'll be an audience member of the rally.

    56 50.91%
  • No. I wish I could go!

    28 25.45%
  • Yes! I can't go, but I'll speak out online or other ways.

    16 14.55%
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 461

Thread: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

  1. #11
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    But what does any of this have to do with "restoring honor"?
    Restoring honor to our country. Getting back to the basics of what a GOOD country is. Stop the corruption, stop the political games, stop treating citizens like they're morons who deserve to be mocked (*cough* Rep. Stark *cough*), honor our children by not leaving them with trillions of dollars in debt....

    What is wrong with that?


  2. #12
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    What people? All three people who have voted in the poll wish they could go.
    There are organizations who are planning on protesting at the rally.


  3. #13
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Restoring honor to our country. Getting back to the basics of what a GOOD country is. Stop the corruption, stop the political games, stop treating citizens like they're morons who deserve to be mocked (*cough* Rep. Stark *cough*), honor our children by not leaving them with trillions of dollars in debt....

    What is wrong with that?
    Well, it starts off with the supposition that our country has lost its honor. Corruption, political games, and treating the citizenry like morons is something that has existed in politics forever. Yes, it's nice to want to fight against it, but to pretend it's something new or something that our country has ever been without is naive.

    What's funny to me is on one hand this is an innocent charity event yet the name of the event is charged with partisanship. Your explanation of the name says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #14
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    There are organizations who are planning on protesting at the rally.
    Any noteworthy ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #15
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Well, it starts off with the supposition that our country has lost its honor. Corruption, political games, and treating the citizenry like morons is something that has existed in politics forever. Yes, it's nice to want to fight against it, but to pretend it's something new or something that our country has ever been without is naive.

    What's funny to me is on one hand this is an innocent charity event yet the name of the event is charged with partisanship. Your explanation of the name says it all.
    What's partisan about honoring our troops and being against corruption?


  6. #16
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Any noteworthy ones?
    Not sure. Daily Kos and HuffPo have several articles against the rally (they ignorantly believe it's going to be racist *eyeroll*). Many people are calling SOWF asking them to not sponsor the event, emailing Glenn with the same letter (someone created on the DailyKos so everyone could copy/paste it in email as if they actually wrote it themselves), organizing protests (not sure what they're going to be protesting....), etc. etc.


  7. #17
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    What's partisan about honoring our troops and being against corruption?
    Don't you think our troops deserve our undivided attention while at war?

    There are certain topics that everyone is always for but nothing ever gets done about it. Education, reducing our oil dependence, immigration, and fighting corruption are always talked about every damn election and people gobble it up like this time they are really going to fix it. They won't though. It's simply campaign fodder. I don't see how corruption should be on the same stage at the same time as honoring our troops during wartime.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #18
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    January 25, 2010 - Glenn's radio show:

    We must do two things. And really it's just this one. Remember, remember who we are. If we remember who we are, where we came from, why we came here, who let us, who wrote those documents, why did they write them, if we remember the mistakes we've made, and we made a lot, but I ain't going on a European apology tour for it. Every country has made mistakes, some bigger than others. I think in the balance we've been pretty good. But if we remember our mistakes, we'll be able to fix them. So remember.

    And what happens when we remember? Well, if we remember, then we have to choose. And here comes the second part. Then we have to choose. Are we going to be part of the solution or part of the problem? And really honestly the problem is two can play at that game. The solution is to just always tell the truth. I announced on that same stage that I was going to be holding an event, and I didn't tell you much about it. On August 28th, this coming August 28th, I told you it would be at the mall in Washington. A lot of people are going to think that this is a tea party. It is not. I hope it will be something much, much deeper than a tea party. I believe what we are creating is going to be something that will be one for the history books. There is not going to be one word of politics from the stage, not one. Because the way to fix Washington is not through politics but through each of us as individuals. Because when we fix ourselves and we are united on the principle of honor and honesty and integrity, they will fear us like they've never feared us before. Why can somebody go to Washington that you think is so strong and then all of a sudden turn? All of a sudden they become part of the problem? Well, I think it's because they've lost their honor. They may have lost their honor before they even got there. And when they lost that honor, when they cheated on their wife or they embezzled or they took this deal or they compromised here, whatever it is, that's when they become a tool. That's why I ask you to join me at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial on 8/28 in a program called Restoring Honor. The feet of Abraham Lincoln. I'm reading a book right now called Giants. It's fantastic. It's the things that Frederick Douglass and Abraham Lincoln had in common. Amazing men. But you don't have to solve Washington. The tea parties have the backdrop of the capitol. The capitol could go into a giant sinkhole as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't matter to me. You are not going to be able to go in there and fix that, unless you start at the other end of the mall and you start by looking and reflecting at Abraham Lincoln. And then you look and reflect. That's what the reflecting pool means. Reflect. You look one way and you are looking at Abraham Lincoln and you can reflect on him. You look the other way and you see the Washington Monument and everything that Washington stood for and you reflect on him. Once you do that and then make your choice, two can play that game. Or I'm going to be like Abraham Lincoln and George Washington. When you do that, you'll fix the country. I'm convinced of it. Education, reflection and higher choices. I can't tell you who or what is going to be on the program at this point for a myriad of reasons. But just know we want to be there. It is going to be amazing.


  9. #19
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Not sure. Daily Kos and HuffPo have several articles against the rally (they ignorantly believe it's going to be racist *eyeroll*). Many people are calling SOWF asking them to not sponsor the event, emailing Glenn with the same letter (someone created on the DailyKos so everyone could copy/paste it in email as if they actually wrote it themselves), organizing protests (not sure what they're going to be protesting....), etc. etc.
    I don't read those sites. I doubt it will amount to much of a protest. Maybe they will take up a street corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #20
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Don't you think our troops deserve our undivided attention while at war?

    There are certain topics that everyone is always for but nothing ever gets done about it. Education, reducing our oil dependence, immigration, and fighting corruption are always talked about every damn election and people gobble it up like this time they are really going to fix it. They won't though. It's simply campaign fodder. I don't see how corruption should be on the same stage at the same time as honoring our troops during wartime.
    Our troops should always have our attention and admiration. They should be honored always.

    This isn't a political event. It's more of an event discussing our principles. Integrity, honesty, ..... Glenn summarized it nicely in the above excerpt.


Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •