View Poll Results: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I'll be there protesting!

    10 9.09%
  • No! I'll be an audience member of the rally.

    56 50.91%
  • No. I wish I could go!

    28 25.45%
  • Yes! I can't go, but I'll speak out online or other ways.

    16 14.55%
Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 461

Thread: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

  1. #141
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    At least play a drinking game watching the original Star Wars. Drink whenever Luke whines, drink whenever anyone says "it's not my fault", drink whenever someone references the force, etc.

    Found the rules

    Drink when:

    * Someone has a bad feeling about this.
    * It's their only hope.
    * An entire planet is described as having one climate.
    * Somebody gets choked.
    * A woman other than Leia is on screen
    * An old Jedi starts to ramble about the Force. (Vader counts.)
    * Somebody's hand gets cut off.
    * A gigantic technological marvel explodes in a single blast.
    * There is a tremor in the Force.
    * It's not someone's fault
    * One or more heroes are almost eaten by a Thing
    * A Jedi is much more powerful than he looks
    * Someone exclaims "No!"
    * Someone does something apparently suicidal that turns out to be a good idea
    * Twice if it's not Han
    * Someone wears the same outfit in all three movies--it counts if they change at the end
    * Someone is mind-controled using the Force
    * People kiss
    * A good guy wears white or a bad guy wears black
    * Twice if a bad guy wears white and a good guy wears black (for uniforms, only the first person on screen counts)
    * Three times if someone hovering in between wears gray
    * Every time you find yourself talking to the people on screen
    * An elaborately made up alien has no lines
    * Someone or something tries to get money from Han
    * Some ship crashes into something after being hit.
    * Someone has a light saber duel (includes just using light saber)
    * An Ewok dies, and the camera lingers longer than it did when the Death Star exploded, killing billions of people. (Fourteen seconds. Count'em.)
    * It is Luke's destiny.
    * Luke whines.
    * Luke discovers a long-lost relative.
    * Luke fights monsters or savages.
    * Luke does some nifty acrobatic flip.
    * Luke teeters on the brink of a chasm.
    * Luke is upside-down
    * Luke and Lando are in the same place at the same time
    * Twice if they speak to each other
    * Luke's parentage is Foreshadowed
    * Luke refuses to take someone's advice
    * Luke yells "Artooooo!"
    * Leia insults somebody.
    * Leia wears an outfit that covers everything except her face and hands
    * Twice if it covers her neck
    * Three times if she's almost totally nude
    * Obi-Wan Kenobi materializes for a guest appearance.
    * Obi-Wan Kenobi plays detective. ("...Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.")
    * Han brags about the Millenium Falcon.
    * Anybody insults the Millenium Falcon.
    * Something doesn't work on the Falcon
    * Twice if it's the hyperdrive
    * Yoda uses bad grammar.
    * Yoda talks like a fortune cookie.
    * R2-D2 gets thrashed.
    * R2-D2 plugs into the wrong socket and his head spins around.
    * C-3PO loses a body part. (Take two drinks if he is completely dismembered.)
    * C-3PO informs us of just how many forms of communication he's familiar with
    * A Rebel pilot is of a race other than white
    * Twice if they're non human (co-pilots count)
    * A Rebel Pilot says "Nice Shot..."
    * A Rebel Pilot says "I've been hit..."
    * Tarkin brags about the Death Star.
    Last edited by Ikari; 07-01-10 at 06:37 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #142
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Honesty does have something to do with ratings. People like hearing those who aren't afraid to speak their minds honestly. They like to hear passionate voices -- people who actually care about what they're doing and saying.

    When they find out that someone has been dishonest or dishonorable, many stop watching. Of course, Olbermann's ratings are mainly because he's on the far-left fringe and that population isn't very large in this country.
    Would you consider CNN more biased and dishonest than MSNBC? I sure wouldn't, but their ratings are lower than MSNBC's in (I believe) every single time slot.

    Also, are you saying that Rush Limbaugh is the most honest and honorable person on radio?

    Also, if we're going off of your standards, since the network news programs beat fox, they are much more honest and reliable. I'd be interested if you'd agree with my assessment or if now, all of a sudden, other factors will get involved with this? It's good to meet a libertarian like yourself that doesn't believe in this left wing media stuff, because as you point out, if the networks were dishonest or dishonorable, people wouldn't be watching them, right?

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Honesty does have something to do with ratings. People like hearing those who aren't afraid to speak their minds honestly. They like to hear passionate voices -- people who actually care about what they're doing and saying.
    I'd say that Glenn Beck is about as passionate and honest about the products he shills to his fans as Billy Mays was about orange glow and shamwow.

  4. #144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    At least play a drinking game watching the original Star Wars. Drink whenever Luke whines, drink whenever anyone says "it's not my fault", drink whenever someone references the force, etc.

    Found the rules

    Drink when:

    * Someone has a bad feeling about this.
    * It's their only hope.
    * An entire planet is described as having one climate.
    * Somebody gets choked.
    * A woman other than Leia is on screen
    * An old Jedi starts to ramble about the Force. (Vader counts.)
    * Somebody's hand gets cut off.
    * A gigantic technological marvel explodes in a single blast.
    * There is a tremor in the Force.
    * It's not someone's fault
    * One or more heroes are almost eaten by a Thing
    * A Jedi is much more powerful than he looks
    * Someone exclaims "No!"
    * Someone does something apparently suicidal that turns out to be a good idea
    * Twice if it's not Han
    * Someone wears the same outfit in all three movies--it counts if they change at the end
    * Someone is mind-controled using the Force
    * People kiss
    * A good guy wears white or a bad guy wears black
    * Twice if a bad guy wears white and a good guy wears black (for uniforms, only the first person on screen counts)
    * Three times if someone hovering in between wears gray
    * Every time you find yourself talking to the people on screen
    * An elaborately made up alien has no lines
    * Someone or something tries to get money from Han
    * Some ship crashes into something after being hit.
    * Someone has a light saber duel (includes just using light saber)
    * An Ewok dies, and the camera lingers longer than it did when the Death Star exploded, killing billions of people. (Fourteen seconds. Count'em.)
    * It is Luke's destiny.
    * Luke whines.
    * Luke discovers a long-lost relative.
    * Luke fights monsters or savages.
    * Luke does some nifty acrobatic flip.
    * Luke teeters on the brink of a chasm.
    * Luke is upside-down
    * Luke and Lando are in the same place at the same time
    * Twice if they speak to each other
    * Luke's parentage is Foreshadowed
    * Luke refuses to take someone's advice
    * Luke yells "Artooooo!"
    * Leia insults somebody.
    * Leia wears an outfit that covers everything except her face and hands
    * Twice if it covers her neck
    * Three times if she's almost totally nude
    * Obi-Wan Kenobi materializes for a guest appearance.
    * Obi-Wan Kenobi plays detective. ("...Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.")
    * Han brags about the Millenium Falcon.
    * Anybody insults the Millenium Falcon.
    * Something doesn't work on the Falcon
    * Twice if it's the hyperdrive
    * Yoda uses bad grammar.
    * Yoda talks like a fortune cookie.
    * R2-D2 gets thrashed.
    * R2-D2 plugs into the wrong socket and his head spins around.
    * C-3PO loses a body part. (Take two drinks if he is completely dismembered.)
    * C-3PO informs us of just how many forms of communication he's familiar with
    * A Rebel pilot is of a race other than white
    * Twice if they're non human (co-pilots count)
    * A Rebel Pilot says "Nice Shot..."
    * A Rebel Pilot says "I've been hit..."
    * Tarkin brags about the Death Star.
    Damn I love Sci Fi and all but heck the nerds come up with so many rules it ruins the whole thing.

  5. #145
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    When you think about it, isn't prostitution just another form of charity?
    On behalf of the prostitutes or on behalf of the johns?

  6. #146
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I'd say that Glenn Beck is about as passionate and honest about the products he shills to his fans as Billy Mays was about orange glow and shamwow.
    Billy Mays didn't pitch ShamWow, and btw, oxyclean is ****ing amazing you blasphemer!

    RIP Billy Mays.

  7. #147
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Exactly. They need ratings, the way they get ratings on both sides is through sensationalism. People should really understand this point. Apparently, we have no stomach for dry, informative debate and dialog so we mask all our "news" in the form of entertainment. But then we don't do the necessary research to disentangle hyperbole and sensationalism from fact and reality.
    There was something I heard James Carville say about the news media nowadays. "People nowadays use the news channels the way a drunk uses a lamppost - for support instead of illumination." He went on to explain how people today don't listen to pundits to get information - rather, they listen to pundits to get validation of their own political beliefs. And pundits do that validation so they can gain an audience that they can then sell commercials to.

  8. #148
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Restoring honor to our country. Getting back to the basics of what a GOOD country is. Stop the corruption, stop the political games, stop treating citizens like they're morons who deserve to be mocked (*cough* Rep. Stark *cough*), honor our children by not leaving them with trillions of dollars in debt....

    What is wrong with that?
    Nothing. However, when someone like Glenn Beck is spearheading it, I begin to question the agenda behind it. Glenn Beck is a joke.

  9. #149
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Nothing. However, when someone like Glenn Beck is spearheading it, I begin to question the agenda behind it. Glenn Beck is a joke.
    Not only that, but if this is really a non-political rally like the website touts it as, did they invite any liberal speakers there?

  10. #150
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Will you be protesting the Restoring Honor Rally in D.C. on 8/28?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Not only that, but if this is really a non-political rally like the website touts it as, did they invite any liberal speakers there?
    I just find it hilarious that Glenn Beck of all people is fronting a protest for Restoring Honor. He's a former zoo crew radio guy who is now makes an absolute spectacle of himself on his show nightly for ratings. Bozo the Clown may as well be fronting this thing.

Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •