View Poll Results: Do you believe that Jesus Christ will return before your death?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    0 0%
  • No.

    46 100.00%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 127

Thread: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

  1. #81
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Because you're too simple to figure it out?
    Ironically what is simple is to understand my argument.

  2. #82
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I understand that good and well. I have good reading comprehension and am studied. I don't particularly care if you think it is ok to present a pole as though it was universal. (not being directed to a specific demographic) However based on the way the question reads.. "Do you believe that Jesus Christ will return before your death?" All who answer it yes or no are faithful to the deity in question. One could turn around and based on the number of active participants in the form make another statistical conclusion that a larger percent of form participants are religious as well. Maybe many of the participents in the pole have no faith in the idea if the said thing will return before or after their deaths.

    In other words if you answer "no" and are not religious you have answered the wrong question.
    *sigh*

    And the word is spelled "poll".


  3. #83
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    *sigh*

    And the word is spelled "poll".
    I stand corrected. I appologise.

  4. #84
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    *holds herself back*


  5. #85
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    *holds herself back*
    whew................

  6. #86
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Ironically what is simple is to understand my argument.
    What is not difficult to understand is the level of arrogance required to beleive that all polls must include you.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    I have to admit, there is an interesting correlation between most of the major world religions right now. They all believe that a messiah is coming to save us. Even the Hindus, who believe we are in the end stages of the Kaliuga, believe that Kali will soon be upon us; Buddhists think the Buddha Metreiya will come and save us in our darkest our; the Christians, Jesus; etc.

    If all of these faith based belief systems stem from very ancient times, maybe they know something we don't. I'm not saying I believe Jesus will walk the earth, but... things are looking bleak around the world right now. It does feel like an end time to me, and based on my travels I think things will boil over soon.

    I'm not so sure I buy into the idea of a messiah, but if it's true, then the question is not if one will come, but instead it is: when will be our "darkest hour"? Next year? 50 years? 100 years?

  8. #88
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    What is not difficult to understand is the level of arrogance required to beleive that all polls must include you.
    hrm... is it a public poll? For anyone to answer? Or is it supposed to be directed towards a specific demographic not mentioned in the poll questioning? If this is a public poll then I expect there is an appropriate selection for myself. Otherwise the poll taker makes an assumption whether intentionally or unintentionally that the person or persons being asked are fit for the question which can have derivative logical conclusions.. particularly if the enquiry is misleading to people unwary of the line of questioning.

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    hrm... is it a public poll? For anyone to answer? Or is it supposed to be directed towards a specific demographic not mentioned in the poll questioning? If this is a public poll then I expect there is an appropriate selection for myself. Otherwise the poll taker makes an assumption whether intentionally or unintentionally that the person or persons being asked are fit for the question which can have derivative logical conclusions.. particularly if the enquiry is misleading to people unwary of the line of questioning.

    You've been expressing your dismay that there wasn't a poll option you felt was suited to a non-believer for several pages. I think we have most emphatically gotten your point.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #90
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    You've been expressing your dismay that there wasn't a poll option you felt was suited to a non-believer for several pages. I think we have most emphatically gotten your point.
    Well thank you. I feel appreciated suddenly. However it does not rectify why I have been subject to scrutiny for simple line of questioning. It is as if my ideas are held in disregard and discriminatory while the truth of the matter is opposite. I welcome your concern though and thank you again for acknowledging my opposition to the poll in question.

    Very much appreciated.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •