View Poll Results: Do you believe that Jesus Christ will return before your death?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    0 0%
  • No.

    46 100.00%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 127

Thread: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

  1. #111
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Purchasing advice for those who believe that god will come back before they die.. You may also consider buying one and leaving it to you loved ones after you pass away... Truly a great value.

    TheComedyNetwork.ca - Online Time Well Wasted

  2. #112
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Jesus wasn't here in the first place so why should he come again?

    Other than some questionable lines by Josephus and a book of myths there really is no historical record of Jesus Christ.
    Most scholars (even those non-religious) agree that Jesus did exist.


  3. #113
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    I sure hope not, since that means the whole world is going down the tube.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  4. #114
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    The apocalypse is just a stupid hyperbole version of what Christianity's original message of "the end" was.
    Apocalypse = enlightenment.
    There will be no mass deaths, there will be no hell. Satan will perish, Jesus Christ's message will flourish. Will the sinners relish in the light as well and purify there souls?
    No idea. Anybody with knowledge on this topic say something because it makes one wonder what the incentives are for not being a sinner.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #115
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    The apocalypse is just a stupid hyperbole version of what Christianity's original message of "the end" was.
    Apocalypse = enlightenment.
    There will be no mass deaths, there will be no hell. Satan will perish, Jesus Christ's message will flourish. Will the sinners relish in the light as well and purify there souls?
    No idea. Anybody with knowledge on this topic say something because it makes one wonder what the incentives are for not being a sinner.
    well that certainly isn't a literal interpretation. I care not anyway about what religion predicts.

  6. #116
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    well that certainly isn't a literal interpretation. I care not anyway about what religion predicts.
    No, you are right. The literal translation is "lifting of the viel"/"revelation" or something of the kind.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #117
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    No, you are right. The literal translation is "lifting of the viel"/"revelation" or something of the kind.
    Well that certainly is better then doomsday.

  8. #118
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Well that certainly is better then doomsday.
    Can't say i disagree.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  9. #119
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Can't say i disagree.
    Cheers.

  10. #120
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,184

    Re: Will Jesus Christ will return before your death?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    The apocalypse is just a stupid hyperbole version of what Christianity's original message of "the end" was.
    Apocalypse = enlightenment.
    There will be no mass deaths, there will be no hell. Satan will perish, Jesus Christ's message will flourish. Will the sinners relish in the light as well and purify there souls?
    No idea. Anybody with knowledge on this topic say something because it makes one wonder what the incentives are for not being a sinner.

    Doesn't sound much like any Christian eschatology I am familiar with.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •