View Poll Results: Who is the most influential conservatve voice in America?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glenn Beck

    19 26.39%
  • Rush Limbaugh

    31 43.06%
  • Sean Hannity

    0 0%
  • Ann Coulter

    0 0%
  • Other

    22 30.56%
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 167 of 167

Thread: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

  1. #161
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, but the person you're coming in agreeing with and saying is "absolutely right" DID make that argument and it was that which was being argued against.
    I quoted the part I agreed with (Post #125).

    You don't seem to know what "anecdotal" means. The studies CC are referencing, which are in the threads link on in this thread, are not "anecdotal" evidence. They are actual studies showing evidence that is tested and verifiable and used to make reasonable conclusions.
    If you want to use studies in an argument you have to be more specific. You can't link a 140 page document and say it collaborates your view, like CC's assertion that:
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actual studies trump the agenda and anecdotal evidence of those who smoke.
    The contrary is true, anecdotal evidence tends to collaborate these studies.

    LA saying that he's driven while high all the time and never wrecked and therefore its perfectly safe to drive while high IS anecdotal because it speaks ONLY to his own personal actions.
    I agree.

    Do marijuana and driving mix? - The Week
    Does Marijuana Impair Driving Ability?
    Marijuana Drug Test Detection Time

    As shown in the fourth column of Table 2, drivers with high blood alcohol levels (above the standard legal limits of .08% or .10%) showed consistenly high culpability ratios, on the order of 5 or 6. In contrast, drivers with THC present in their blood rarely exceeded 2, and in several cases were less than 1 - indicating they were actually safer than drug free drivers! This phenomenon has been explained by the fact that marijuana-using drivers tend to slow down, while alcohol-using drivers tend to speed.

    You stating you've never hallucinated in 15 years of smoking is anecdotal because it speaks ONLY to yourself.
    The point is, you're less likely to believe a study that contradicts your personal experience.

    Personal experience does count, but it can also be wrong, and it doesn't count greater than anythign else. If someone goes "My grandfather smoked till he was 99 and didn't get lung cancer so smoking doesn't cause lung cancer" the fact he's using personal experience doesn't necessarily not count....it just doesn't disprove or trump scientifically studied and verified information.
    Agreed.

    Nor does it lead to the absolute conclussion he made.
    Nor does it exclude the possibility of the conclusion being right. We're conditioned to discover patterns in our experiences.

    Opinions CAN be wrong, despite what you may've been told in school.
    Here's the difference....
    On one side you have CC and myself, with actual scientific evidence, that is stating that marijuana does have addictive qualities, can have withdrawl symptoms, and can have adverse affects on an individual that are potentially severe. We have stated this does not mean it affects everyone the same way, that they manifest in everyone, or that they're worse than alcohol. All of these things are verified by scientific tests.
    On the other side you have LA, that says its not addictive, there's no withdrawl symptomns, there's nothing bad about it, and its perfectly safe to drive while high all based on his own experiences.
    One of those is "anecdotal", one isn't. One of those is worthless and "doesn't matter" because its taking an extremely small sample size and using it to make absolute statements about the entire population.
    It's when you say can have withdrawl symptoms or when you translated a small impairment into perfectly safe, I feel you're being dishonest. Like CC you are putting value on a position by calling it worthless and thus we have left the realm of facts. I have no problem with these statements but to keep it reasonable I should be able to put a value on your position as well. I did, post #137.

    Why would he form an opinion before hand. He's already stated he comes from this as someone that thinks it should be legalized. If it really was 100% not addictive, 100% completely safe, 100% no withdrawl symptoms, 100% not impairing to things like driving why would he not go into it wanting that if his desire is legalization? That makes no sense to even accuse. What's more likely is CC actually went into it without bias and simply wanting the truth, not just to find something to excuse his own personal actions.
    You can also turn it around; If I had an agenda I could take comfort in the fact you guys both support legalization. I read a lot of contradicting 'evidence' on this topic, I assume that someone who explored the subject would have found the same.

    You can just expect your opinion to be viewed as it is, worthless, and your beliefs to be viewed as they are, foolish, until such a point that you actually back it up with anything that is worth while and shows it to be anything but ignorance based on bias.
    I'm sorry YOU feel that way. I have to draw the line somewhere with these boards, otherwise I'll spend my days proving the holocaust. I can rely on the self evidence of truth.
    Last edited by Djoop; 07-10-10 at 11:12 AM.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    This. We need a "High five" as opposed to "thanks" button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    I'm sorry YOU feel that way. I have to draw the line somewhere with these boards, otherwise I'll spend my days proving the holocaust. I can rely on the self evidence of truth.

  3. #163
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    I'm sorry YOU feel that way. I have to draw the line somewhere with these boards, otherwise I'll spend my days proving the holocaust. I can rely on the self evidence of truth.
    Link please

  4. #164
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Link please
    The Holocaust Industry - Iran Defense Forum

  5. #165
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    I was kidding, I wanted you supply me a link to your direct quote, about posting all day...never mind you missed the joke.

  6. #166
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    ....

    Did someone just compare Marijuana having zero negative affects, being 100% safe to drive while high on, and having zero addictive qualities on the same level of "obviousness" as there was a holocaust.

    Did you seriously just compare the death of millions of people to the notion that marijuana is 100% completely and utterly safe and utterly harmless with no addicting qualities what so ever?

    And you wonder why people don't take people making your types of arguments serious

    By the way...congratulations, you've provided a study that says that its does affect people negatively while driving though not as much as alcohol, an OPINION from a lawyer concerning how to get off on DUI's with marijuana, and the only actual study that supports yours and LA's suggestion that it is absolutely safe to drive is one put forth by a lobby group specifically pushing the legalization of marijuana. In regards to that one I'd be interested to see what some like Right or CC with a better understanding of the methodology of studies would think of in regards to it.
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 07-10-10 at 05:52 PM.

  7. #167
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    ....Did someone just compare Marijuana having zero negative affects, being 100% safe to drive while high on, and having zero addictive qualities on the same level of "obviousness" as there was a holocaust.
    No, of course not. It was a figure of speech, if you respond to any idiots demand of proving something, especially on the internet, you'll end up proving idiotic stuff like the holocaust. Like I said, you have to draw the line somewhere.

    Did you seriously just compare the death of millions of people to the notion that marijuana is 100% completely and utterly safe and utterly harmless with no addicting qualities what so ever?
    Its such a foolish suggestion Im almost offended by it.

    And you wonder why people don't take people making your types of arguments serious.
    I don't know how many followers you have here on this forum where you are a moderator and supposed to be a landmark for civility. You don't speak for other people, get it? You are only one very limited soul as far as I'm concerned. I don't care what other people think, I care about arguments and this wasn't even your lousiest so far.

    By the way...congratulations, you've provided a study that says that its does affect people negatively while driving though not as much as alcohol,.
    There was a reason why I quoted part of the conclusion for you:
    In contrast, drivers with THC present in their blood rarely exceeded 2, and in several cases were less than 1 - indicating they were actually safer than drug free drivers!

    an OPINION from a lawyer concerning how to get off on DUI's with marijuana, and the only actual study that supports yours and LA's suggestion that it is absolutely safe to drive is one put forth by a lobby group specifically pushing the legalization of marijuana. In regards to that one I'd be interested to see what some like Right or CC with a better understanding of the methodology of studies would think of in regards to it.
    Well first I'll tell you that more countries conducted the same studies and, by en large, came with the same results. Not that it would matter because you wouldn't have forgotten that this argument started because you contested the existance of these studies...

    I'm done, I feel you're so far behind me it's unhealthy. You may have the last word

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •