View Poll Results: Who is the most influential conservatve voice in America?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glenn Beck

    19 26.39%
  • Rush Limbaugh

    31 43.06%
  • Sean Hannity

    0 0%
  • Ann Coulter

    0 0%
  • Other

    22 30.56%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 167

Thread: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

  1. #141
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,133

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why is the list nothing but talk show hosts? You could not put an actual influencial conservative on the list? Where is John Boehner? Where is Mitch McConnel? Michael Steele?
    Because puppets can not be considered influential. The discussion is about the puppeteers.

    (exception: Steele is no puppet, but do you want to advocate he is the leader of the Republican party?)

  2. #142
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    And you're absolutely correct. Usage is condoned in NL and as a result we've been able to study 700.000 regular users. Maybe some day people like zyphlin & cc will realise that they have been believing false studies. People do exaggerate tho. I've used MJ for over 15 years, never once hallucinated. At best it makes me happy, hungry and sleepy. We're talking about a very small impairment, especially for a regular user, that only lasts 1-4 hrs and drops significantly after the first half hour.

    The dutch lawmaker acknowledges a difference between soft & hard drugs, I think the US should adopt such a policy.
    Just like LA, you are incorrect. Actual studies trump the agenda and anecdotal evidence of those who smoke. Zyph and I are absolutely correct. I have produced many peer reviewed studies on this topic here at DP. If you choose to not believe data and evidence, that's your business, but your own personal anecdotal evidence in this matter is meaningless. Oh, and btw, I also support legalization.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #143
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just like LA, you are incorrect. Actual studies trump the agenda and anecdotal evidence of those who smoke. Zyph and I are absolutely correct. I have produced many peer reviewed studies on this topic here at DP. If you choose to not believe data and evidence, that's your business, but your own personal anecdotal evidence in this matter is meaningless. Oh, and btw, I also support legalization.
    I can only laugh at the notion of being in favor of legalization while supporting the debunked studies meant to justify the criminalisation of MJ. If the US wants to regulate MJ usage in traffic, and find support for it among those who favor legalization, my thoughts go out the ones who have to enforce the law. It's fine with me but I can't motivate myself to debate this topic with someone who can't tell the difference between an anecdote and evidence, between an opinion and a proven fact. This is just an opinion board that does nothing to suggest it could be anything more; always interested in your opinion, never in your false sense of authority.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Just like LA, you are incorrect. Actual studies trump the agenda and anecdotal evidence of those who smoke. Zyph and I are absolutely correct. I have produced many peer reviewed studies on this topic here at DP. If you choose to not believe data and evidence, that's your business, but your own personal anecdotal evidence in this matter is meaningless. Oh, and btw, I also support legalization.
    The scientific method is far from perfect. If it was then drug companies would no longer be sued. Just saying, you know.

  5. #145
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,345
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Because puppets can not be considered influential. The discussion is about the puppeteers.

    (exception: Steele is no puppet, but do you want to advocate he is the leader of the Republican party?)
    I disagree. They set the policy that those on the list advocate for, and pick the targets for them to attack.

    And as a good democrat, yes, I do want Steele to advocate for the republican party.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    If more republicans were like Steele I might vote for a few of them. He has balls of steel.

  7. #147
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoop View Post
    I can only laugh at the notion of being in favor of legalization while supporting the debunked studies meant to justify the criminalisation of MJ. If the US wants to regulate MJ usage in traffic, and find support for it among those who favor legalization, my thoughts go out the ones who have to enforce the law. It's fine with me but I can't motivate myself to debate this topic with someone who can't tell the difference between an anecdote and evidence, between an opinion and a proven fact. This is just an opinion board that does nothing to suggest it could be anything more; always interested in your opinion, never in your false sense of authority.
    I can only laugh at the notion that someone would be so rigid in their thinking that they do not understand that just because something is addictive, that does not mean it should not be legalized. I also find it sad that you do not seem to understand that anecdotal evidence doesn't mean squat when trying to prove a position, and since that's all you've presented, other than it being your opinion, your position doesn't hold any validity. Now, if you actually want to present some REAL evidence to support your position for us to examine, feel free. But until you do, your claims of "debunked" studies are meaningless.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    The scientific method is far from perfect. If it was then drug companies would no longer be sued. Just saying, you know.
    LA, prove that any of the studies that were presented in the links Zyph provided are flawed. You and Djoop are acting like some of our pro-gun folks. You're acting like someone is going to storm your house and take your weed away from you. No one is saying that, and as I have said, I am pro-legalization. Doesn't change the fact that marijuana is addictive. Less so than other drugs, but addictive nonetheless.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #149
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I can only laugh at the notion that someone would be so rigid in their thinking that they do not understand that just because something is addictive, that does not mean it should not be legalized. I also find it sad that you do not seem to understand that anecdotal evidence doesn't mean squat when trying to prove a position, and since that's all you've presented, other than it being your opinion, your position doesn't hold any validity. Now, if you actually want to present some REAL evidence to support your position for us to examine, feel free. But until you do, your claims of "debunked" studies are meaningless.
    I don't know CC. In the studies only 20% had any kind of noticeable withdrawals and they did not come to any solid conclusion about mental or physical addiction, only that it can be in a limited amount of people.

    Anything with that low a percentage of any kind of addiction is pretty meaningless in the grand scheme. You can't overdose on it and is less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol.

    I agree his argument is pretty meaningless without anything to back it up though.

    PS: Voted Rush Limbaugh.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 07-08-10 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #150
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-13 @ 08:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,932

    Re: Who is the most influental conservative voice in America?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I can only laugh at the notion that someone would be so rigid in their thinking that they do not understand that just because something is addictive, that does not mean it should not be legalized.
    I never claimed that it wasn't addictive, I deserve a better mockery than this.
    I also find it sad that you do not seem to understand that anecdotal evidence doesn't mean squat when trying to prove a position,
    You talking about studies you have mentioned in the past are just as anecdotical to me. The difference is that I clearly presented an opinion, I stay well away from telling others what to believe.
    and since that's all you've presented, other than it being your opinion, your position doesn't hold any validity.
    That's were you are wrong, personal experience does count, it's just that we don't base scientific studies on the experience of one person. Opinion vs evidence, I thought it was pretty clear I presented the former.
    Now, if you actually want to present some REAL evidence to support your position for us to examine, feel free.
    There are countless studies on the subject, with a wide variety in quality. I have read numerous and came to my conviction. I wonder how that works for you, do you gather all the evidence first before you form an opinion? Do you hold any convictions that can't be proven? Step further, do you hold any convictions of which you know there is evidence against it? Personally, I realise that I'm severely limited when it comes to storing all the evidence, then again I am a habitual MJ smoker.
    But until you do, your claims of "debunked" studies are meaningless.
    Annoying isn't it, when people make unfounded claims. It seems you don't even realise your claims baited my response.

    I never have to prove my opinion and my beliefs, I can always annoy you with them as you often annoy me with yours. Once you realise that all our positions are opinions we may find some room for a proper discussion.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •