View Poll Results: Would you vote for an Atheist?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    85 89.47%
  • No

    10 10.53%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 114

Thread: Would you vote for an Atheist?

  1. #61
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Actually you DO hear a LOT of libertarians screaming about RESPONSIBLE government and reduced spending INCLUDING cuts in the military. THIS libertarian...a 20 year vet of several wars...has on numerous occasions pointed out that there was LOTS of room to cut there...and EVERYWHERE...in the fed.

    But obviously you dont LIKE the fact that I shined the light on your atheistic anti-religiuous zealotry and decided to take this thread a comPLETEly different direction...and frankly...I dont blame you. So...I'll encourage you...HAVE the last word on this...its become beyond boring.
    Bah .. that is all talk nothing comes of it because all you guys are is dupes for the wealthy who don't want to be taxed for the most part. The military spending is the sacrifice you gotta pay to keep the religious wackos on board to elect republican politicians.

    I don't particularly care you "shed light" on my anti religious sentiment. I'm not pretending to be otherwise. I prefer thinking people over volume votes any day. I’d be bored with a debate I didn’t have a leg to stand on ether.

  2. #62
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Yes, assuming it was a candidate I liked anyway. It would be a plus.

    But I wouldn't vote for someone just because they were an atheist. George Will is an atheist and I wouldn't vote for him.

  3. #63
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Probably not. In my experience, "atheism" is just a code word for "anti-religious zealotry".
    I think there are many many more atheists than you know about. They're just hiding in the closet. Judging atheism by the loud ones is like saying all gays are like the wild ones that march in the gay pride parade dressing up like fairies. Yes, they are there, but that's a small minority.

  4. #64
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Yes.. It would be resfreshing to vote for someone who does not allow dogma to clould their judgement on most things
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #65
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    For all I know, I have voted for Atheists already, since I don't have any idea what any of the candidates (beyond GW) views on religion are. I don't know and I certainly don't care. I am sure that it would be greatly talked about if the candidate was a Satan Worshipper, or something, and I would care about that, but otherwise, don't know and don't care.
    Why would you care if someone is a "Satan Worshipper" but would not care about other types of religion? Are you implying it is ok to vote for someone who does worship a godhead but if they worship Satan you would not vote for them based on that fact?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    I think there are many many more atheists than you know about. They're just hiding in the closet. Judging atheism by the loud ones is like saying all gays are like the wild ones that march in the gay pride parade dressing up like fairies. Yes, they are there, but that's a small minority.
    A good point, but we're talking about a public figure that's an atheist. That type of atheist is, in my mind, more likely to be the militant type that I dislike. As an agnostic, I dislike any kind of religious or non-religious extremism.

  7. #67
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You know that zealous, non religious dick thing? Boom...there it is...

    yeah...thats NO less obnoxious then overly religious zealots...
    I think you're assuming I tried to do something I didn't try to do, or perhaps I just don't understand your point.

  8. #68
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I think you're assuming I tried to do something I didn't try to do, or perhaps I just don't understand your point.
    It wasnt referencing you...it was referencing the other party...

  9. #69
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It wasnt referencing you...it was referencing the other party...
    Right, I apologised for being presumptuous with regards to his intent and you jumped on it before he could see my reply in hopes of creating some pathetic correlation to gang up on my sentiment. Then after my apology was appreciated you looked like the dick you were being. So now you are deferring the argument away from our conversation or at least trying to. Why bother?

  10. #70
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?



    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Right, I apologised for being presumptuous with regards to his intent and you jumped on it before he could see my reply in hopes of creating some pathetic correlation to gang up on my sentiment. Then after my apology was appreciated you looked like the dick you were being. So now you are deferring the argument away from our conversation or at least trying to. Why bother?
    Thats some hardcore revisionist history! but hey...if it helps you sleep...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •