View Poll Results: Would you vote for an Atheist?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    85 89.47%
  • No

    10 10.53%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 114

Thread: Would you vote for an Atheist?

  1. #51
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    I would vote for anyone who's religious or non-religious beliefs did not interfere with the way the preform in office.

  2. #52
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Right.. if you say so. Indifference to religious fanatics is a price you gotta pay to get a politician elected I understand.
    Really? DO you consider Obama a zealot? Clinton? Carter? The majority of democrat AND republican congressmen? And do you see them daily crusading? Do you REALIZE how foolish it sounds when you come in here and CREATE arguments against religious 'zealots' only to then ridicule religious zealots???

    And really...you dont have to look to the national political stage to see idiotic ideological zealots that like to rudely force their ideas on others. Heck...threads magically pop up here on a regular basis.

  3. #53
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? DO you consider Obama a zealot? Clinton? Carter? The majority of democrat AND republican congressmen? And do you see them daily crusading? Do you REALIZE how foolish it sounds when you come in here and CREATE arguments against religious 'zealots' only to then ridicule religious zealots???

    And really...you dont have to look to the national political stage to see idiotic ideological zealots that like to rudely force their ideas on others. Heck...threads magically pop up here on a regular basis.
    Look libertarians were a fringe group before they hooked up with the religious right.. then they got a foothold in the early 90s. Now that the religious right doesn't have a leg to stand on in terms of political philosophy they rely on libertarians. However the last couple of years have basically crushed libertarian philosophy with the market screwing them and now the BP oil spill. Private enterprise needs regulation end of story. Or you can keep going to the public to bail them out. But likely you don't understand all that.

  4. #54
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I would vote for anyone who's religious or non-religious beliefs did not interfere with the way the preform in office.
    So you would vote for a candidate whose views were the opposite of yours? It seems to me the only reason any votes for a particular candidate is because of his views/beliefs.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #55
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Look libertarians were a fringe group before they hooked up with the religious right.. then they got a foothold in the early 90s. Now that the religious right doesn't have a leg to stand on in terms of political philosophy they rely on libertarians. However the last couple of years have basically crushed libertarian philosophy with the market screwing them and now the BP oil spill. Private enterprise needs regulation end of story. Or you can keep going to the public to bail them out. But likely you don't understand all that.
    Wow...I...just...wow...did you grab a snack and let your 3 year old nephew get hold of your keyboard??? What is that saying...5000 monkeys would eventually type a novel? or in your case at least one would post...THAT...what the hell was that? Atheists rule because religious zealots have suddenly overwhelmed the Libertarian party and given it sudden credibility...down with the pope...and...freeeeeedom!!!!

  6. #56
    Educator Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    10-07-10 @ 08:38 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,019

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wow...I...just...wow...did you grab a snack and let your 3 year old nephew get hold of your keyboard??? What is that saying...5000 monkeys would eventually type a novel? or in your case at least one would post...THAT...what the hell was that? Atheists rule because religious zealots have suddenly overwhelmed the Libertarian party and given it sudden credibility...down with the pope...and...freeeeeedom!!!!
    lol.. your good at what here? Libertarians can be atheist .. they just really have a lot of contempt for religious wackos. However libertarianism is basically flawed logic and their assumptions about free enterprise have been proven wrong .. not in small ways. You can keep on with your dogmatic belief in microscopic government I guess. I don't hear a lot of libertarians screaming about how much the government spends on military.. ah well live and let live. I'm probably more libertarian then you are.

  7. #57
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    If he supports my beliefs he gets my vote.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #58
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So you would vote for a candidate whose views were the opposite of yours? It seems to me the only reason any votes for a particular candidate is because of his views/beliefs.
    Nope I would not. I knew I forgot something in my original post. Thanks for pointing that out for me.

  9. #59
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    lol.. your good at what here? Libertarians can be atheist .. they just really have a lot of contempt for religious wackos. However libertarianism is basically flawed logic and their assumptions about free enterprise have been proven wrong .. not in small ways. You can keep on with your dogmatic belief in microscopic government I guess. I don't hear a lot of libertarians screaming about how much the government spends on military.. ah well live and let live. I'm probably more libertarian then you are.
    Actually you DO hear a LOT of libertarians screaming about RESPONSIBLE government and reduced spending INCLUDING cuts in the military. THIS libertarian...a 20 year vet of several wars...has on numerous occasions pointed out that there was LOTS of room to cut there...and EVERYWHERE...in the fed.

    But obviously you dont LIKE the fact that I shined the light on your atheistic anti-religiuous zealotry and decided to take this thread a comPLETEly different direction...and frankly...I dont blame you. So...I'll encourage you...HAVE the last word on this...its become beyond boring.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Would you vote for an Atheist?

    Probably not. In my experience, "atheism" is just a code word for "anti-religious zealotry".

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •