View Poll Results: Is the Hallmark graduation card racist?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - clearly it is

    1 1.79%
  • No - clearly it is not

    55 98.21%
  • Not sure - it's not clear at all

    0 0%
  • Other - (write comment)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    First of all, the NAACP doesn't speak for all liberals. Second of all, I dunno. If i was talking with white person and said "Blacks need to get off welfare and get real jobs", a good segment of people would agree or at least not get offended.
    Yea...how is this the work of liberals? The NAACP is a special interest group, and yes they ARE more likely to see racism where there is none. Gee, I wonder why?

    That doesn't make this issue any less ridiculous, but saying that America does not have racists is pretty naive.

  2. #12
    User sweEt Mauritius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    It clearly isn't saying "black whores." Not only does an L sound different than an R, but the O's in "holes" and "whores" are pronounced differently. Racism certainly is still a problem in this country, but this isn't an example of that.

  3. #13
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    This is a totally BS accusation.

    Note the period.

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    It clearly isn't saying "black whores." Not only does an L sound different than an R, but the O's in "holes" and "whores" are pronounced differently. Racism certainly is still a problem in this country, but this isn't an example of that.
    The card is not an example of racism, but the response by the NAACP is an example of racism.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #14
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    First of all, the NAACP doesn't speak for all liberals. Second of all, I dunno. If i was talking with white person and said "Blacks need to get off welfare and get real jobs", a good segment of people would agree or at least not get offended.
    I'm beginning to think it is the liberals who are more racist than any other segment of society. They assume to know how a majority of people would react to certain situations. Maybe that's because that's how they, and their friends would react. They bring race up every chance they get when race has nothing to do with it 99.9% of the time. They just like to stir up trouble to insure they keep the black vote.

  5. #15
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by somepeoplesay View Post
    Yea...how is this the work of liberals? The NAACP is a special interest group, and yes they ARE more likely to see racism where there is none. Gee, I wonder why?

    That doesn't make this issue any less ridiculous, but saying that America does not have racists is pretty naive.
    Nobody's saying that America doesn't have racists. Where'd you get that? Oh, right, nowhere.

    America has serial killers, sure. But are there enough of them that it justifies America being called a society of serial killers?
    Last edited by Black_Zawisza; 06-13-10 at 08:58 PM.

  6. #16
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    This is a totally BS accusation.

    Note the period.

    The card is not an example of racism, but the response by the NAACP is an example of racism.
    How is accusing people of racism an example of racism? I don't understand your reasoning here.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  7. #17
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I'm beginning to think it is the liberals who are more racist than any other segment of society. They assume to know how a majority of people would react to certain situations. Maybe that's because that's how they, and their friends would react. They bring race up every chance they get when race has nothing to do with it 99.9% of the time. They just like to stir up trouble to insure they keep the black vote.
    Are you disagreeing with my statement? It's what I've noticed from emperical evidence in my life. I also have lived in both liberal areas (urban Sacramento) and VERY conservative areas (rural orchard country in the Sacramento Valley), and this seems true both places. Conservatives, I've noticed, have been increasingly frequently using the "race card card", whining about how much they're accused of racism, even when it happens fairly rarely, and usually targeted at specific people.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  8. #18
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychoclown View Post
    Stupidity to the highest degree. Anyone claiming this card is racist has lost all credibility. What's sad is Hallmark is caving to these idiotic complaints and pulling the card.
    Stupid people's money is as valuable as smart people's money.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 06-21-10 at 03:39 PM.

  9. #19
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    This is definitely racist absolutely, Hallmark should be absolutely ashamed, how dare they say "Black Hoes"... Goodness gracious me!!!!

    This card company should be shut for it's distgusting racist behaviour!!!










    [/sarcasm]
    Last edited by Jetboogieman; 06-21-10 at 04:00 PM.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Hallmark graduation card - racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Anyone who can't hear "black hole" from that card is trying to hear something else. This is really pathetic.
    It's nothing. It's just a bunch of retarded people running their retarded mouths about crap they can't ever back up. I hate stupidity of this level. It clearly says black hole, it has been clarified and explained well and reasonably. Anyone left still running their mouths against this card are nothing more than attention whores.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •