View Poll Results: Wellfare... Is it un-American

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    33 43.42%
  • No

    43 56.58%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 118

Thread: Is wellfare today un-American?

  1. #61
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    It could happen here if we allow our population to become millions of people with nothing. The millions of Romans with nothing decided that the few wealthy Romans really didn't need anything either. So they destroyed the empire. History tends to repeat unless there are means with which to alter the circumstances.
    I have guns, dogs and have no problems killing those who I hate. Your argument fails.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  2. #62
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    I have guns, dogs and have no problems killing those who I hate. Your argument fails.
    I shot someone once when he and his partner tried to mug me. I didn't hate them. It wasn't personal. But if hordes of people who think like Mickey Shane come a looting in my neighborhood, I'd stack em up like cordwood. No hate-just a nasty job that would need to be done. If the poor riot as some libs claim they will, I'd suggest that the number of poor would no longer be statistically relevant in any discussion subseqent to such an uprising.



  3. #63
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    Itís because gradually the state has created a society of dependants. I think we currently need major reform of the welfare system and then gradually end it but, I will type out more another time.
    the dems-with the help of more than a few republicans (mostly judges who don't like overturning leftwing decisions) have spent close to a century creating a nation of people who suck on the public teat and have been led to believe that such suckling is both natural and a right.



  4. #64
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the dems-with the help of more than a few republicans (mostly judges who don't like overturning leftwing decisions) have spent close to a century creating a nation of people who suck on the public teat and have been led to believe that such suckling is both natural and a right.
    Unfortunately, the majority of the 2-party system has created this. I think reforming and ending the welfare system is toward the bottom of the lists of things to do in order to get our limited government back. I think we need to first reform welfare then slowly end it. Now I hope we can talk about the reforming/ending part in further posts.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    I responded to your post, point by point then deleted it.
    I invite you to help in ideas to reform or gradually end welfare.
    I accept your concession.

    And why would I help with something that I don't agree with? Welfare is needed and it has positive results.

  6. #66
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    I accept your concession.
    Well, I have learned by debating a long time that sometimes you need to stop the endless cycle and actually get to a solution.
    We do the issue no justice by going back and forth like we are.
    So, let’s see if we can meet in the middle with solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    And why would I help with something that I don't agree with? Welfare is needed and it has positive results.
    I only say this to help but, is it a comprehension issue or do you gloss over my points?
    I asked for ideas to reform OR gradually end welfare.
    I know from your posts that you see problems in the welfare system so why not provide solutions/reform the system to help the positive results you see.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    Well, I have learned by debating a long time that sometimes you need to stop the endless cycle and actually get to a solution.
    We do the issue no justice by going back and forth like we are.
    So, let’s see if we can meet in the middle with solutions.

    I only say this to help but, is it a comprehension issue or do you gloss over my points?
    I asked for ideas to reform OR gradually end welfare.
    I know from your posts that you see problems in the welfare system so why not provide solutions/reform the system to help the positive results you see.
    We were debating because there were many points that I disagreed with you on, and by simply glossing over my last post it shows an unwillingness on your part to further the very kind of communication you're talking about. I don't consider it a circular, useless debate to exchange points based on disagreements. That is how you learn.

    Solutions can't be arrived at if one or both parties have decided to not listen to the other person. You essentially said that welfare is destructive to society, and I don't agree, yet that disagreement has now been suppressed because you are unwilling to talk about it.

    I call BS on your smoke screen. You're just retreating from what I considered an intelligent debate.
    Last edited by Orion; 07-24-10 at 10:41 PM.

  8. #68
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 04:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion
    You're just retreating from what I considered an intelligent debate.
    I agree that we were having an intelligent debate and I thank you for that but, I disagree and find our debate has become circular. I see no point on typing out the same points we already typed over and over again, it’s stagnating. I’d rather work on solutions and I have already invited you to meet me in the middle. Let’s see if we can find a common ground on the issue. I am willing to work on it if you would like to or maybe you’d rather keep going in circles than rather work on finding a solution. Maybe it’s easy to debate an issue, point A vs. point B than it is to work on resolving the issue.
    So, we can keep rehashing our points or we can actually move on to something more, it’s your choice.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  9. #69
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I shot someone once when he and his partner tried to mug me. I didn't hate them. It wasn't personal. But if hordes of people who think like Mickey Shane come a looting in my neighborhood, I'd stack em up like cordwood. No hate-just a nasty job that would need to be done. If the poor riot as some libs claim they will, I'd suggest that the number of poor would no longer be statistically relevant in any discussion subseqent to such an uprising.
    I shot someone a few years ago in a robbery attempt. I went through three months of hell to avoid going to jail. The pigs tried to tie me to the Latin Kings, MS13 and the Maniac Latin Disciples. When that didnt work they attempted to challenge my citizenship. To this day I still send thank you cards to my lawyer. So yea if someone tries to attack me, pure red hatred takes over in my mind.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Is wellfare today un-American?

    Quote Originally Posted by peepnklown View Post
    I agree that we were having an intelligent debate and I thank you for that but, I disagree and find our debate has become circular. I see no point on typing out the same points we already typed over and over again, it’s stagnating. I’d rather work on solutions and I have already invited you to meet me in the middle. Let’s see if we can find a common ground on the issue. I am willing to work on it if you would like to or maybe you’d rather keep going in circles than rather work on finding a solution. Maybe it’s easy to debate an issue, point A vs. point B than it is to work on resolving the issue.
    So, we can keep rehashing our points or we can actually move on to something more, it’s your choice.
    The choice isn't mine it's yours. But I accept your retreat for what it is. I don't want to find solutions that will help eliminate welfare because that is not a position I believe in. So until you can reconcile that fact we have nothing further to talk about.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •