View Poll Results: PLACE YOUR BETS ON HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO GET TO THE 30'S as of June 10, 2010

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than a month

    0 0%
  • a couple months

    3 6.52%
  • 3-4 months

    5 10.87%
  • 5-6 months

    9 19.57%
  • 7-8 months

    7 15.22%
  • 9-10 months

    2 4.35%
  • 11-12 months

    2 4.35%
  • 12-14 months

    1 2.17%
  • 15-16 months

    2 4.35%
  • Never

    15 32.61%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 117

Thread: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Lying is making a statement that you know to be false.

    Can you show that GWB knew what he was saying was false?
    Can you show that GWB did not believe what he was saying was true?

    If you cannot do both of these things, your claim of him lying is false; the more you hang on to this particular tenet the more correct you show me to be.
    Are we really going to go through this again, the dictionary (my source of what words means), says lying is "untruthfullness", which is what Bush was.

  2. #52
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Are we really going to go through this again, the dictionary (my source of what words means), says lying is "untruthfullness", which is what Bush was.
    There is, necessarily, a willfull component to the act of lying - you have to KNOW that you are not speaking the truth and you have to KNOW that what you are saying is untrue. Else, every time you answer a question incorrectly, by virtute of making a statement that is false, you are, under your argument, lying. Do you really believe that to be the case?

    So, again, in order for your claims of GWB lying about Iraq, you have to show that he knew what he was saying was false, and that he did not believe what he was saying was true. Its really that simple.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    There is, necessarily, a willfull component to the act of lying - you have to KNOW that you are not speaking the truth and you have to KNOW that what you are saying is untrue. Else, every time you answer a question incorrectly, by virtute of making a statement that is false, you are, under your argument, lying. Do you really believe that to be the case?

    So, again, in order for your claims of GWB lying about Iraq, you have to show that he knew what he was saying was false, and that he did not believe what he was saying was true. Its really that simple.
    Sorry but I believe the dictionary over you.

  4. #54
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Sorry but I believe the dictionary over you.

    Just so long as you understand that under your argument, any and every time you say something wrong, it is a lie.

    All those questiions you missed on your high school and college exams? Lies.
    Every incorrect answer in every trivia game you've ever played? Lied.
    Every factual error you ever made? Lies.

    Why do you lie so much?
    Last edited by Goobieman; 08-09-10 at 09:26 PM.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post

    Just so long as you understand that under your argument, any and every time you say something wrong, it is a lie.
    Okay...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    All those questiions you missed on your high school and college exams? Lies.
    Yes I do wish I studied a little more in High School but I am certainly happy where I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Every incorrect answer in every trivia game you've ever played? Lied.
    I never played any trivia games...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Every factual error you ever made? Lies.
    Not very many.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Why do you lie so much?
    Because it is very difficult for someone to know everything, but you're right, I should cut down some.

    Thanks for proving me right and showing how partisan you are by going after one small point and ignoring everything else I said because you know I am correct.

  6. #56
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Thanks for proving me right and showing how partisan you are by going after one small point and ignoring everything else I said because you know I am correct.
    Except that you are not, because you havent shown that GWB lied, and have avoided making any effort to that effect, because you know you cannot.
    Thank you for proving -my- point.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Except that you are not, because you havent shown that GWB lied, and have avoided making any effort to that effect, because you know you cannot.
    Thank you for proving -my- point.
    You don't read very well. I have already proved Bush lied. I will go over it again though because you are slow: Lying means untruthfullness (as supported by the dictionary), Bush was untruthfull about WMD's being in Iraq.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    08-17-10 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    151

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Why do you think Bush is the best President we have ever had? Because the economy went down the drain under his watch? Because he lied to us to get us into Iraq?
    Because he is a good, decent CCR with honor and integrity. He did not take almost one billion dollars in dirty, filthy, foreign Muslim money to buy the election. He is a patriotic Christian. He is wise. The econ was the best it EVER WAS under his watch until liberals took over CONgress in '07. By the end of the year we were fcked. Housing was tanking. The DOW was, too. Employment, which had been at "full (4%)" was rising. W took out the world's worst terrorist, brought democracy to Iraq, won the war on terror there, crippled alQaida in Af, left no child behind, and led this country to its greatest time ever. Despite TWO wars on terror this country was doing amazingly well. The liberals in CONgress ruined it all in less than a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Are you for real....or are you just trying to be a satire on right-wingers, I seriously cannot tell.
    I am as real as a heart attack. I am a hotter, cuter, less-nice version of Ann Coulter.
    ........
    W lied about nothing. Saddam Hussein shipped his wmd to Syria. We have already proved that and Syria admits it. W was an AWESOME man of God/POTUS!
    Last edited by chickie; 08-10-10 at 01:01 AM.

  9. #59
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    I do but I guess you don't. According to Lying | Define Lying at Dictionary.com, lying means "untruthfullness".
    You missed the rest of the definition...

    –noun
    1. the telling of lies; untruthfulness.
    –adjective
    2. telling or containing lies; deliberately untruthful; mendacious; false: a lying report.·
    So did you just lie by omission?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: New obama low 44%... Place your bets on how long it will take to get to the 30's

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    You missed the rest of the definition...



    So did you just lie by omission?
    You don't seem to understand that words can have multiple definitions, and one of the definitions is simply untruthfullness, again learn to read.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •