View Poll Results: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should be allowed to demand a traditional Christian moral code from all teachers

    40 41.24%
  • They should be allowed if they prove they apply the same standards to all teachers

    4 4.12%
  • They should be allowed, but that doesn't make it right

    22 22.68%
  • They are discriminating against women, since fornication is more obvious with them

    3 3.09%
  • If the school board members can prove they never fornicated, then they stand on solid ground

    3 3.09%
  • Christian schools should not be allowed to discriminate on moral grounds

    11 11.34%
  • Christians are the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the face of the Earth!

    8 8.25%
  • Other response

    6 6.19%
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 363

Thread: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    She can't win. It is a private institution and Florida is an "at will" state. You can be fired for any reason at any time, period. The worst that she can do is maybe collect unemployment. The law suit will go no place.

    If she had claimed discrimination, she maybe could have gotten something. Not for this as it was not discriminatory.

    discriminate   /v. dɪˈskrɪməˌneɪt; adj. dɪˈskrɪmənɪt/ Show Spelled [v. dih-skrim-uh-neyt; adj. dih-skrim-uh-nit] Show IPA verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing, adjective
    –verb (used without object)
    1. to make a distinction in favor of or against a person or thing on the basis of the group, class, or category to which the person or thing belongs rather than according to actual merit; show partiality: The new law discriminates against foreigners. He discriminates in favor of his relatives.
    2. to note or observe a difference; distinguish accurately: to discriminate between things.


    The school made a distinction when they fired her for getting pregnant prior to getting married. The group would then be that she was part of unmarried women getting pregnant.

    Discrimination is a national issue, and the federal laws prohibiting discrimination trump Florida's laws. She has a case, and if presented correctly, she should win. And rightly so... the school being private is irrlevant. This is not like saying men can't have ponytails or employees can't date each other in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    If a school with an Afro-centric curriculum wanted only Black teachers, should they be forced to hire Whites?
    That is entirely different. They can not hire people within certain parameters, but once hired, they would not be able to fire them due to being white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Here's the story:

    FOXNews.com - Fla. Christian School Fires Teacher Over 'Fornication' Claims

    What do you think? Poll will follow...
    Because the issue is pregnancy the school is going to lose. I am sorry for you far right christinazi republicans ... but the school CANNOT fire anybody for being pregnant. I hope the school gets put out of business and the administrator who made the call loses everything he/she/it they own and ends up sleeping in a box on a beach.

    The far right has always had issues with keeping their religion to themselves. May this lesson teach them to keep their religion out of their businesses and politics. Now ... it needs to cost the useless assholes some money.

  4. #54
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    So if they don't believe blacks should be teachers, they can fire them too, right?
    That is not a good argument as racial discrimination IS illegal. Besides if this was the case do you honestly think they would have hired her in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #55
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Because the issue is pregnancy the school is going to lose. I am sorry for you far right christinazi republicans ... but the school CANNOT fire anybody for being pregnant. I hope the school gets put out of business and the administrator who made the call loses everything he/she/it they own and ends up sleeping in a box on a beach.

    The far right has always had issues with keeping their religion to themselves. May this lesson teach them to keep their religion out of their businesses and politics. Now ... it needs to cost the useless assholes some money.
    Did you even bother to read the story? She was not fired for being pregnant. She was fired for pre-marital sex. Which the school says violated their moral code which she was made aware of when she was hired.

    This has nothing to do with the far right or anything political.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Did you even bother to read the story? She was not fired for being pregnant. She was fired for pre-marital sex. Which the school says violated their moral code which she was made aware of when she was hired.

    This has nothing to do with the far right or anything political.
    Oh bull ****. Having sex is not the schools business. Only a wing nut would think it would be.

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Did you even bother to read the story? She was not fired for being pregnant. She was fired for pre-marital sex. Which the school says violated their moral code which she was made aware of when she was hired.

    This has nothing to do with the far right or anything political.
    So what kind of teacher was she? Did she teach chemistry? math? English? bible class?

  8. #58
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,493

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So what kind of teacher was she? Did she teach chemistry? math? English? bible class?
    Read the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Did you even bother to read the story? She was not fired for being pregnant. She was fired for pre-marital sex. Which the school says violated their moral code which she was made aware of when she was hired.

    This has nothing to do with the far right or anything political.
    You know, I still don't think that's going to fly when it gets presented in court. The school has zero authority, even as her employer, to enforce such a mandate on her private life. I think her legal team will probably go the "hostile work environment" route and nail that school to the wall.

  10. #60
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Should a Christian school be allowed to fire a teacher for fornication?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Here's the story:

    FOXNews.com - Fla. Christian School Fires Teacher Over 'Fornication' Claims



    What do you think? Poll will follow...
    Yep - adhere to that moral religious code if you're going to cling to it with your career and life

    What did she expect?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •