View Poll Results: What does redneck refer to

84. You may not vote on this poll
  • It refers to a culture

    76 90.48%
  • It refers to a race

    8 9.52%
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 361 to 363 of 363

Thread: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

  1. #361
    Global Moderator
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Patriot View Post
    And Justice Strong is contradicted by the people who worked to establish the Constitution. Sorry, but Madison outweighs Justice Story since Story was a Clay Mercantilist.
    Sorry, but Justice Strong's decision was taken directly from the meaning of the preamble of the Constitution. Madison has already weighted in on this in his letter to Webster, disavowing secession. So, now I have SCOTUS, Madison, and the Constitution on my side. You've got zero.

    Again the Justice is wrong since Madison and the authors of the Constitution have repeatedly stated that the Constitution is a compact. Again, Founding Fathers>Justice Bradley.
    And again, this has already been shown to be false. The Constitution, Madison, SCOTUS, all on my side of the issue. Like it or not, the decision is precedence. The Constitution is not a compact, secession is illegal. It must suck to lose, here, but you have no facts to back your position, so that's what has occurred.

    You haven't proven anything other than your appeals to authority of men in black robes that are using an illegal delegation of power to interprete the Constitution. I choose to use the actual authors of the document.
    And I've already shown that you do not know what the appeal to authority logical fallacy means. You can keep throwing it out there, but, it is false, nontheless. And SCOTUS for sure has the power for judicial review. You may not like it... because it further destroys your argument, but it has that power nontheless. The framers discussed this issue; there were only two who verbally dissented (Mercer and Dickenson). 5 of the states had this, and it is easy to infer this from the document. Hamilton wrote in Federalist 78:

    The interpretation of the laws is the proper and peculiar province of the courts. A constitution, is, in fact, and must be regarded by the judges, as a fundamental law. It therefore belongs to them to ascertain its meaning, as well as the meaning of any particular act proceeding from the legislative body. If there should happen to be an irreconcilable variance between two, that which has the superior obligation and validity ought, of course, to be preferred; or, in other words, the constitution ought to be preferred to the statute, the intention of the people to the intention of their agents.
    Further, since the Supremacy Clause in Article VI idenfies the Constitution as being the supreme law of the land, it is the job of the SCOTUS to "test" for this through laws and decisions.

    So, let's add Hamiliton, more parts of the Constitution, and of course John Marshal to my side. Hmmm... looks like you're getting buried.

    SCOTUS is wrong and has been wrong. That is why I use the people who actually wrote the damn thing. If you prefer to use political activist judges that's your prerogative, but I don't have to accept it. I reject your cites due to bias on the part of the justices involved.
    Reject all you want. Doesn't alter the facts. You can deny the world is round. Doesn't alter the facts.

    Saying I have nothing and PROVING it are two different things. We're done here because you are not here for an honest debate, but to spam your rhetoric and quasi-scholastic research as fact.
    I have proven that you have nothing. Repeatedly. I know it is painful to be beaten so badly, and that's why you are denying all the evidence, but it doesn't change what occurred. Now, you can vacate this if you want, and remain in denial, but it doesn't change the fact that you have proven nothing except that you dislike the facts that have been presented to you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #362
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 AM

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Damn. you two could have had a "true debate" going on here.

  3. #363
    King Of The Dog Pound

    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    South Florida
    Last Seen

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    I just got through reading this whole debate and CC, I agree with your position. Patriot knows as he is a friend of mine I don't agree with him on this, so no surprise here.

    But both of you certainly know your Constitution. I am amazed at the level of knowledge both of you poses. I bow to your wisdom.

    No Lives Matter

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts