View Poll Results: What does redneck refer to

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • It refers to a culture

    76 90.48%
  • It refers to a race

    8 9.52%
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 363

Thread: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    Then why don't you debate the content, as I did, instead of just contradicting and attacking and leaving it at that?
    There's not much else to add to what Zyphlin said. I voiced my aggreement with him and my support of what he posted. I could have done it with just the thanks button but it also deserved a blunt condemnation of the tactics you've utilized.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    There's not much else to add to what Zyphlin said. I voiced my aggreement with him and my support of what he posted. I could have done it with just the thanks button but it also deserved a blunt condemnation of the tactics you've utilized.
    After poking around in some other threads, I realize he does this IN EVERY THREAD he posts in.

    He is fascinated with Stormfront, and gives everyone a chance to see their views right here on DP.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #283
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    There's not much else to add to what Zyphlin said. I voiced my aggreement with him and my support of what he posted. I could have done it with just the thanks button but it also deserved a blunt condemnation of the tactics you've utilized.
    Zyphlin said nothing to my most recent attempt to refute him, since he's not here at the moment. I'm just pointing out that your "blunt condemnation" is pretty worthless, since it's a low-ranking form on the disagreement hierarchy.



    It's a contradiction, and a response to tone. You should try to refute the central point instead, if you think you're up for it.

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    Zyphlin said nothing to my most recent attempt to refute him, since he's not here at the moment. I'm just pointing out that your "blunt condemnation" is pretty worthless, since it's a low-ranking form on the disagreement hierarchy.



    It's a contradiction, and a response to tone. You should try to refute the central point instead, if you think you're up for it.
    Not really interested in your false comparisons of people to stormfront. And your little pyramid really has no effect on me nor does is sway my condemnation of your tactics.

  5. #285
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    After poking around in some other threads, I realize he does this IN EVERY THREAD he posts in.

    He is fascinated with Stormfront, and gives everyone a chance to see their views right here on DP.
    If I have the opportunity to do that in many threads, that should be a bad omen for the social conservatives as to the number of ways that they line up with Stormfront, from immigration to welfare and affirmative action to Confederate iconography and "states' rights" as opposed to bigoted segregation, etc.

    I'm just trying to warn people to be mindful of the authoritarian and liberty-destroying facets of some white populist beliefs, since in their extreme form, they lead to things such as Japanese internment, waves of attacks on Middle Easterners, etc.

  6. #286
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Not really interested in your false comparisons of people to stormfront.
    If that were true, you wouldn't have dropped in with your useless little one-liners.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And your little pyramid really has no effect on me nor does is sway my condemnation of your tactics.
    I know. That's because you didn't have an argument to begin with and don't have one now.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    If that were true, you wouldn't have dropped in with your useless little one-liners.



    I know. That's because you didn't have an argument to begin with and don't have one now.
    I thought I made clearly that I was voicing agreement with Zyphlin's argument and merely condemnation of your tactics...

    Your little pyramid crap wasn't an argument either. It was simply a visual aid you used to affirm your pompously inflated view of your own abilities and that is why it will not sway me.

    Go tell it to stormfront or something. No one here is buying the bull**** you are peddling.

  8. #288
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I thought I made clearly that I was voicing agreement with Zyphlin's argument and merely condemnation of your tactics...
    And "I agree" isn't an argument, and is a worthless interjection that doesn't advance the dialogue, especially when you derail things with criticisms of tone rather than arguments against substance.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Your little pyramid crap wasn't an argument either. It was simply a visual aid you used to affirm your pompously inflated view of your own abilities and that is why it will not sway me.
    It wasn't an argument because there was nothing in your post to argue against. I was just asking why you hadn't attempted to refute the central point, as Zyphlin did (even if he failed), and as I did in response to his post.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Go tell it to stormfront or something. No one here is buying the bull**** you are peddling.
    Every single time you keep replying to posts on a topic you claim to be "not interested" in, you undermine that claim more and more.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    And "I agree" isn't an argument,
    Which is precisely why I stated it was simply an agreement. Are having trouble reading or something?

  10. #290
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Does the term redneck refer to a culture or race?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Are having trouble reading or something?
    You is bad grammar?

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •