View Poll Results: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9 or earlier

    7 19.44%
  • 10

    0 0%
  • 11

    5 13.89%
  • 12

    9 25.00%
  • 13

    2 5.56%
  • 14

    1 2.78%
  • 15

    2 5.56%
  • 16

    0 0%
  • 17 or older

    0 0%
  • Other/Never

    10 27.78%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 121

Thread: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

  1. #1
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Im having it this month with my daughter has Im a single dad with full custody and she has finally started her period and is talking about boys.

    We have had small talks starting at 10( since some girls get their period this early and she did have spotting that went away) but not the full talk so I really want her to know she is "bad" for having thoughts or the "devil" and I really want to be there for her so I can fill in any questions and we have a open door communication built.

    Dont want her learning/thinkin stupid things I hear kids say like girl on top cant get pregnant, or do it under water and you cant get pregnant. IMO information is always the way to go.

    Also in 2 years her sex ed will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I ever had at her age has i saw her future health book, man its crazy but yet great at the same time.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #2
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Im having it this month with my daughter has Im a single dad with full custody and she has finally started her period and is talking about boys.

    We have had small talks starting at 10( since some girls get their period this early and she did have spotting that went away) but not the full talk so I really want her to know she is "bad" for having thoughts or the "devil" and I really want to be there for her so I can fill in any questions and we have a open door communication built.

    Dont want her learning/thinkin stupid things I hear kids say like girl on top cant get pregnant, or do it under water and you cant get pregnant. IMO information is always the way to go.

    Also in 2 years her sex ed will be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I ever had at her age has i saw her future health book, man its crazy but yet great at the same time.
    For a girl? The day before she gets married; or even the morning of. Until then, keep an eye on her every move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #3
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    This is why I am glad I am not a parent. For me the answer would be "at about 45".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    It depends on the kid.

  5. #5
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Don't worry, she likely knows more NOW than you ever will. ROFLMAO

  6. #6
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    For a girl? The day before she gets married; or even the morning of. Until then, keep an eye on her every move.
    IMO this would be absolutely silly, wrong, harmful and naive
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #7
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,495

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    I voted other. When the child is ready. We all mature at different rates, why be restricted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #8
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is why I am glad I am not a parent. For me the answer would be "at about 45".
    LOL
    trust me I feel the same way but Im a realist
    I have joked with her and told her she isnt allowed to date untill 35

    but thats not reality so rather then keep her dumb information is lway better, just hope I dont stroke out while having the talk or when she has questions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #9
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I voted other. When the child is ready. We all mature at different rates, why be restricted?
    Uhm? how would you know when the child is ready if you dont start talks?
    also im not trying to restrict anything or make a law lol just want to know peoples opinions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #10
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    I got my around 12 or 13, but most of my friends got it at about 15. I think the best time to talk about it is when a parent and child start talking about the opposite sex. So, it sounds like for you and your daughter you are at the right spot to finally talk about it.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •