View Poll Results: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • 9 or earlier

    7 19.44%
  • 10

    0 0%
  • 11

    5 13.89%
  • 12

    9 25.00%
  • 13

    2 5.56%
  • 14

    1 2.78%
  • 15

    2 5.56%
  • 16

    0 0%
  • 17 or older

    0 0%
  • Other/Never

    10 27.78%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 121

Thread: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

  1. #11
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I got my around 12 or 13, but most of my friends got it at about 15. I think the best time to talk about it is when a parent and child start talking about the opposite sex. So, it sounds like for you and your daughter you are at the right spot to finally talk about it.
    thats what im thinking, I was younger when things started but per her personality i waited, I actually feel its late for the talk but like i said i used the same perimeters has you.
    She is 13 by the way.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Don't worry, she likely knows more NOW than you ever will. ROFLMAO
    Oh, now that is just cold.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    IMO this would be absolutely silly, wrong, harmful and naive
    Say that when your daughter comes home to tell you that she's knocked up.

    My daughters and step daughter don't make a move that I don't know about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #14
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Say that when your daughter comes home to tell you that she's knocked up.

    My daughters and step daughter don't make a move that I don't know about.
    I don't know. In my mind and was the case with many of my friends the full sex talk included talk about condoms and other forms of birth control if we ever found ourselves in a situation were we might be having sex.

  5. #15
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    You can't put an age on it... people reach different levels of maturity/awareness at different times. (In general) A girl in a rural midwestern town that's pretty quiet would probably be ready for the talk a little later than a genetically gifted girl growing up on the beaches of Santa Monica. If I were the Dad in Santa Monica, I'd give her a baseball bat to carry around. One that matched mine

    I say you, as parent need to figure out when first fraction of an inkling of sexual curiosity is visible (in her, her friends or boys) and give her the talk before it blossoms.

    I don't envy you...

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #16
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Uhm? how would you know when the child is ready if you dont start talks?
    also im not trying to restrict anything or make a law lol just want to know peoples opinions
    Because my daughter asked me. The child will let you know when they are ready because they will ask.

    Also was a teacher at the YMCA after school. Believe me, if the child is a normal kid you or the wife will be asked in no uncertain terms when they want to know.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-04-10 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #17
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Say that when your daughter comes home to tell you that she's knocked up.

    My daughters and step daughter don't make a move that I don't know about.
    LMAO yeah thats what I said wow talk about a total leap

    no one ever said my daughters make moves without me but since she is active in school, sports and other extra cirricluar activity its totally niave to think she will have no acces to anything bad LOL

    actually she has more chances of getting knocked up your way unless of course you keep her in a semi-prison

    my way she will be educated and KNOW the wrongs and rights that are real, not false ones, like many kids and IF she does happen to get away (before marriage has you put it, totally naive) she'll know what is safe and not save, she wont be a dummy
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #18
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because my daughter asked me. The child will let you know when they are ready because they will ask.
    sorry I also think this is niave,i do not think that all kids will ask and that is a proven fact
    I like to THINK she will, I HOPE she would but its not worth the risk IMO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #19
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,803

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You can't put an age on it... people reach different levels of maturity/awareness at different times. (In general) A girl in a rural midwestern town that's pretty quiet would probably be ready for the talk a little later than a genetically gifted girl growing up on the beaches of Santa Monica. If I were the Dad in Santa Monica, I'd give her a baseball bat to carry around. One that matched mine

    I say you, as parent need to figure out when first fraction of an inkling of sexual curiosity is visible (in her, her friends or boys) and give her the talk before it blossoms.

    I don't envy you...

    .
    I agree there really isnt a "best age"

    and also like the other poster your criteria is the one I am using and that is now
    thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #20
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: What is a good age to have the FULL sex talk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because my daughter asked me. The child will let you know when they are ready because they will ask.
    I disagree. I still leave the room when a sex scene comes up in a movie when my parents are around. It is just uncomfortable and awkward. But kudos for you daughter to coming up and talking to you about it.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •