View Poll Results: Poll

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    54 90.00%
  • No

    6 10.00%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 169

Thread: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Amendments.
    True, but I was referring to the retarded "living breathing" argument. Libtards no longer consider amendments necessary.

  2. #12
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    True, but I was referring to the retarded "living breathing" argument. Libtards no longer consider amendments necessary.
    "Conservatives" agree.

    How else would the federal government have authority over alien residency? It's not like Naturalization = Immigration.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    "Conservatives" agree.

    How else would the federal government have authority over alien residency? It's not like Naturalization = Immigration.
    And here I was thinking that the federal government was supposed to repel invasions. Silly me.

  4. #14
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    True, but I was referring to the retarded "living breathing" argument. Libtards no longer consider amendments necessary.
    I disagree. Look here and you will see six theories of constitutional interpretation. Judicial interpretation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The origionalist approach, which is but one of six that have been used over the years is only one possible way to do it.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    True, but I was referring to the retarded "living breathing" argument. Libtards no longer consider amendments necessary.
    What's a libtard?

  6. #16
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    And here I was thinking that the federal government was supposed to repel invasions. Silly me.
    Are you one of those "reinterpret the wording of the constitution to suit your desires and ignore context" type of liberals?

    Do you also support the Hamiltonian reinterpretation of the general welfare clause, or do you pick and choose which hamiltonian reinterpretations you support?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #17
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    What's a libtard?
    A word people use when they don't actually have an argument but want to give their opinion anyway.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Beautiful Yadkin Valley
    Last Seen
    09-26-10 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,219

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    What's a libtard?
    Look in the mirror.

  9. #19
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
    Look in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    A word people use when they don't actually have an argument but want to give their opinion anyway.
    This would be an example LiberalAvenger. Notice that nothing of substance was added to the thread, however an opinion was given.

  10. #20
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,376
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Can a supreme court ruling be unconstitutional?

    Yes.
    The court has become politicized. Roots going back to FDR.

    It might be wise to have Congress be able to over rule the court with some form of super majority.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •