View Poll Results: Should the law be changed so that gays can serve openly in the military.

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now

    79 36.41%
  • Yes, but after the Pentagon completes it study on the issue

    11 5.07%
  • No, do not change the law

    14 6.45%
  • No, DADT should be repealed and gays not allowed to serve at all

    104 47.93%
  • Other, please explain

    9 4.15%
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 484

Thread: Gays in the Military

  1. #71
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If it was part of the package for serving in the military, do you think many people would not enlist over this? Since already under current law, you are basically agreeing to shower with gays, I am just not seeing the problem.
    I think that it'd make most female soldiers uncomfortable to the level of insecureness.
    Basically I think it is a very very wrong decision that completely ignores the soldier's emotions as an individual.
    I do however agree with gays serving in the military and I think that a creative solution should be found to the showers problem, but that is the only issue really.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #72
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ooh look at Blackdog making this personal.
    That usually happens when folks can't form an argument.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #73
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think that it'd make most female soldiers uncomfortable to the level of insecureness.
    Basically I think it is a very very wrong decision that completely ignores the soldier's emotions as an individual.
    I do however agree with gays serving in the military and I think that a creative solution should be found to the showers problem, but that is the only issue really.
    Such as a booth with a shower curtain?

  4. #74
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Appropriate response to your ****ty one.
    Not really. You ignored most of the reply to you and commented on one aspect. Then I made a comment referring to the silliness of that argument and you go off on a tangent like it is an excuse for you really crappy argument.

    Now we should stay on topic and leave the fallacy's at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not really. You ignored most of the reply to you and commented on one aspect. Then I made a comment referring to the silliness of that argument and you go off on a tangent like it is an excuse for you really crappy argument.

    Now we should stay on topic and leave the fallacy's at home.
    Lets start with you.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #76
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Such as a booth with a shower curtain?
    The army does not believe in shower curtains.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #77
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The army does not believe in shower curtains.
    Seems like it would be a simple solution though. Put up a round bar above the shower head and hang a curtain on it.

  8. #78
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think that it'd make most female soldiers uncomfortable to the level of insecureness.
    Basically I think it is a very very wrong decision that completely ignores the soldier's emotions as an individual.
    I do however agree with gays serving in the military and I think that a creative solution should be found to the showers problem, but that is the only issue really.
    How does Isreal handle it? I have no clue as to your age, so not sure if you have firsthand info, but are you aware of how they handle the situation?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #79
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Seems like it would be a simple solution though. Put up a round bar above the shower head and hang a curtain on it.
    I'll tell you what, part of the purpose of the military shower booths not having curtains on them, besides being an economical bonus, is to contribute to the uniting of the unit.
    It's part of the whole mentality that the military must enforce on its units in order to make them one united efficient order-carrying entity.
    You live with your unit, eat with your unit, shower with your unit and sleep with your unit.
    Every one of them is part of you and you are part of them.

    But yes in that case it could be the simple solution.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #80
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You just said it.... Commander....lol

    Im talking amongst the regular joes.


    It WILL cause divisiveness amongst some units that regularly have to share facilities. Im not talking on a temporary basis, im talking the infantry guys who live in the ****ty ass barracks where they have shared latrines and showers.
    I personally witnessed a chubby gay private in Basic Training get his ass beat by other recruits because it was learned that he was talking about the male recruits' penis sizes to the female recruits and some of the female recruits didnt find this amusing.
    The gay was given an article 15 and allowed to continue training. He was booted out in less than a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Tank commander as in buck Sergent NCO, not officer.



    Yea, as tankers we never shared facility's.



    You mean like most of us in combat arms? Give me a break. Most of the time no one even had any idea. It's not like we sat around trying to figure out who was gay or not.



    If he was straight the same thing would have happened. Not like men brag about their penises, oh wait.

    And I can tell you story's of rape and assault that got people discharged who were straight.

    Your argument is as out dated as my old M60A3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Lets start with you.
    Well why don't you start by responding to my reply rather than trying to make an argument that is rendered null since high school?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •