View Poll Results: Should the law be changed so that gays can serve openly in the military.

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now

    79 36.41%
  • Yes, but after the Pentagon completes it study on the issue

    11 5.07%
  • No, do not change the law

    14 6.45%
  • No, DADT should be repealed and gays not allowed to serve at all

    104 47.93%
  • Other, please explain

    9 4.15%
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 484

Thread: Gays in the Military

  1. #211
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,128

    Re: Gays in the Military

    I have to say I'm pretty insulted that you would use the word, "fag" DeeJayH. You couldn't think of a more appropriate and less hate filled word to get your point across? It really communicates the type of person you are when you have to resort to that kind of language. You have the gull to accuse others of oppressing minorities while using oppressive langauge.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have to say I'm pretty insulted that you would use the word, "fag" DeeJayH. You couldn't think of a more appropriate and less hate filled word to get your point across? It really communicates the type of person you are when you have to resort to that kind of language. You have the gull to accuse others of oppressing minorities while using oppressive langauge.
    boo hoo. If you learn to read you'll see he was using Glen Beck's words.

    Stop being so sensitive and stay on topic.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #213
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,047

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Our military is a reflection of our society. If over 52% of conservative, 60% of Republicans and 85% of moderates think it's OK. Odds are the military will have similar numbers.
    Well, before this you stated what the military thinks as a matter of fact. Now you admit that you merely guess based on your own odds of civilian polls? Well, which is it. Fact or BS? Your percentages have already been proven made up by another member on this thread earlier. Now you admit that your former statement of what the military thinks is based on a personal estimation? You don't have a clue because...... you....are....out.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The gay problem will not even be close to what happened with blacks being integrated.
    Who said it would? I stated that it "would have its share" as it is another leap in social acceptance within the ranks. It will be easier and smarter with education and command instruction. Of course we could just do it the Rumsfeld way and have no plan. This would be a part of that "implimentation" you wish the military to be denied of. Which one are you? -Smart or Rumsfeld?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Here is your statement...

    It will take time to assimilate the new mind set. In the mean time, what the mouth pieces on both sides (yours and theirs) have to come to realize is that the kind of gays that are willing to wear a uniform in the military, especially the Marine Corps and Army, are not the kinds to go on parade or wear pink nail polish. The anti-gay crowd have this Hollywood stereotype in their heads and the pro-gay crowd are just preaching without care.

    Yes I was dead on and this is stereo typing even as you accuse "Hollywood" of stereo typing.
    Dead on!? Is your desperation so great tast you would pretend ignorance even after producing my own words? Now, ensure you realize that everybody is reading this before you come back and continue to show your ass.......

    Second red bold part: I stated quite clearly on what the hollywood stereotype is and that the anti-gay crowd has this vision in their heads about who enlists in the military.

    First blue bolded part: I stated quite clearly what this stereotype is and that the Hollywood gay is not the type that wears a uniform.

    See what I did there? I color coded it to make it easier for you. If I could have used crayolas I would have. I defended gays. There are no "just jacks" in the Marine Corps. Flamboyancy doesn't enlist. In your haste to argue, you have fumbled once again over these posts. Always seeking an argument from the Marine aren't you? It's like you have a personal reason from thread to thread to try to prove yourself better than me or something. Let it go and stop inventing arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Wrong...
    Ummm Right..... Merely posting a brief comment and a lengthy document in a hopes that others will accept your BS won't work. Now I have to bust you on it. Given my Active status and ability to know exactly where to go to use your own link against you.....

    In April 1998, the Department of Defense released a review of the implementation of the “Policy
    on Homosexual Conduct.” This review was instituted after complaints were aired that the
    increasing rate of discharges was a sign of “witch hunts” or anti-gay harassment. In its review,
    DOD concluded that “for the most part, the policy has been properly applied and enforced.” DOD
    also stated:
    First, we found that the large majority of the discharges for homosexual conduct are based on
    the statements of service members who identify themselves as homosexual
    , as opposed to
    cases involving homosexual acts. The services believe that most of these statements—
    although not all of them—involve service members who voluntarily elect to disclose their
    sexual orientation to their peers, supervisors or commanders. The increase in the number of
    discharges for homosexual conduct since 1994 is attributable to this increase in statement
    cases.
    You see, I know these things because I am the Active Duty. It has been against the UCMJ for anyone other than a commander to investigate homosexuality. The rise in numbers are attributed to gays and non-gays seeking a way out of contract. Gays came out to legally get out. DADT has been a pain in the ass to the military and it was bad for the image of gays. More from your own link...

    Critics contend that the activists are trying to have it both ways when “analyzing” data.
    ....This would be you. But here are the numbers from your own link....


    Table 1. Homosexual Conduct Administrative Separation Discharge Statistics
    Fiscal Year
    Total Number of
    Homosexual
    Discharges
    Percentage of
    Total Active Force
    1980 1,754 0.086
    1981 1,817 0.088
    1982 1,998 0.095
    1983 1,815 0.085
    1984 1,822 0.085
    1985 1,660 0.077
    1986 1,643 0.076
    1987 1,380 0.063
    1988 1,101 0.051
    1989 996 0.047
    1990 941 0.046
    1991 949 0.048
    1992 730 0.040
    1993 682 0.040
    1994 617 0.038
    1995 757 0.050
    1996 858 0.058
    1997 997 0.069
    1998 1,145 0.081
    1999 1,034 0.075
    2000 1,212 0.088
    2001 1,227 0.089
    2002 885 0.063
    2003 770 0.054
    2004 653 0.046
    2005 726 0.052
    2006 612 0.044
    2007 635 0.046
    2008 634 0.045
    2009 428 0.030
    See how they were lessening, but then when DADT hit the street the numbers climbed? And you can see where they began to decrease after 2001 when "I'm gay" wasn;t good enough to tear up contracts. Are you really going to keep arguing with me? DADT was a way out for even non-gays. Your own link. Thanks for providing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog;1 058776712
    No stereo typing here.
    Oh, you can always accuse me of stereotyping the National Guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The military can adapt just like it has in every other case.
    Of course it will. Education and command dilligence will ensure that it is easier. But you have already argued against implimention haven't you? We'll just flip a switch and react.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The problem now days is not as big as this "Alpha Male" crap.

    You mite want to post some evidence of that as well.
    Evidence of the Marine Corps' alpha male centric attitude? Are you perhaps the only American alive not knowing this? Need evidence that steak is tasty too? Homosexuality just doesn't fit into the definition of the "Alpha Male" that most have. I'm afraid this is more of a common sense thing than it is a web site wisdom thing. Got to log off and enter the world for this one. When people think of gays they think of internal decorating, clothing lines, flambouyancy, etc. All those Hollywood ingredients that make America laugh and laugh from show to show. This would be that stereotype that the anti-gay crowd have in regards to what would enlist inthe military. I have stated that this is not the type that have or would enlist. How much nmore clearer am I supposed to be with you? And keep in mind...everyone's reading this and looking fr what you are arguing about with me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog;1 058776712
    So yes my opinion and that of other veterans certainly do count.

    You mite want to stick to facts and not ASSumptions.
    No...it doesnt. I already know from your profile that you are former Regular Army turned Army National Guardsman and this is why you I believe you have such a hard on to invent arguements with a Marine. I ask for no proof of your enlistment. I assumed nothing. You are out. Hold any formations lately? Deal with any uniformed disciplinary problems lately? This future social change within the military is a matter for "us," not you. Your grandstanding opinion has nothing to do with what is ahead for "us."

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog;1 058776712
    Your anicdotal evidence counts for nothing. I have posted the actual surveys and they are a better indicator than your "buddies" who beg to differ.
    I have given you facts in the face of YOUR anectodal BS. You have already admitted that you guessed (not "proof") and based out some odds in regards to the Active Duty mind set by using civilian polls. You have used a link that merely wound up making a fool of you in regards to DADT. I am Active Duty. I am surrounded by Active Duty. The Commandant of the Marine Corps visits bases in order to gauge what is troubling Marines. He releases "command climates" quarterly to produce the general concerns and his comments. These concerns go from wars to universal health care to gays in the military. The majority are not embracing "gays in the military." He and other top leaders in the military have had audience with the President of the United States because Obama is curious about how this is going to play out. This is why he has stated that he will wait until after the Pentagon study to make a decision. Fortunately, the majority of this report is focusing on how to overcome the forseeable problems and how to impliment the social change amongst the ranks the best.

    But let me guess.....you want a link? Foolish.

    It is you that have "ASSumed." You "ASSume" that I am anti-gay. You "ASSume" that you know better than the Active Duty who is engaged with taking part in these militrary polls. You "ASSume" to be able to understand the simplest of sentences in regards to what I have stated about Hollywood stereotypes. You "ASSume" to be able to use your former service to dictate the mood of present day military members. And you "ASSume" to be able to produce links that others won't check up on.

    Maybe you should just shut up at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog;1 058776712
    Your sophomoric uses of smilies make you look all the more foolish. I will end with... Given how you tripped up all over, NO, I don't believe you have thought about this at all beyond the "gay pride" blanket statements that get nowhere.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-30-10 at 08:06 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  4. #214
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,047

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have to say I'm pretty insulted that you would use the word, "fag" DeeJayH. You couldn't think of a more appropriate and less hate filled word to get your point across? It really communicates the type of person you are when you have to resort to that kind of language. You have the gull to accuse others of oppressing minorities while using oppressive langauge.
    He meant cigarette.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #215
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Irrelivant stuff Removed by me for space
    About 70% of this post is a straight up lie. The rest is you trying to argue statistics that don't add up.

    Here is a good example...

    Well, you're not part of "us." Whatever your service involved, you're out. You have nothing at stake and no future entaglements with this. Not to take away from your gallant service, but aren't you just a National Guardsmen anyway? Besides "two weeks a year" did you ever have to live in a barracks with other guys in close proximity for years and years? "Us" means something different to the Active Forces than it would for a National Guardsman who wants to belong, but not for more than two weeks a year. - MSgt

    Now after I corrected you on making assumptions you say...

    No...it doesnt. I already know from your profile that you are former Regular Army turned Army National Guardsman and this is why you I believe you have such a hard on to invent arguements with a Marine. I ask for no proof of your enlistment. I assumed nothing. You are out. Hold any formations lately? Deal with any uniformed disciplinary problems lately? This future social change within the military is a matter for "us," not you. Your grandstanding opinion has nothing to do with what is ahead for "us." - MSgt

    Complete fabrication.

    You really need to debate, stop lying and not rant.

    Have a good one.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-30-10 at 09:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #216
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Someday, when you guys are old and gray, you'll do a search and find these old comments you made. And you'll think to yourself "Man, I can't believe I held such terrible views" in the same way many elderly people today look back at the views they had against blacks at lunch counters or interracial marriage.

    I know you don't believe me now, but please remember my prediction thirty years from now and see if I'm not right.

  7. #217
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Moderator's Warning:
    Gays in the MilitaryTalk about the topic, not about each other
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #218
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Gays in the MilitaryTalk about the topic, not about each other
    OMG you are a mod? YIKES, i mean congrats

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  9. #219
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,047

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You really need to debate, stop lying and not rant.

    Have a good one.
    Pal, selecting a personal owie to focus on while ignoring the upper cut to your posts doesn't work. I used your own link to trash your "facts." What more do you need to see your stumbles? Address the "irrelevent stuff" or shut up.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-31-10 at 12:42 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #220
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,047

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Gays in the MilitaryTalk about the topic, not about each other
    Roger that. Good job.
    Last edited by MSgt; 05-31-10 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Because I spelled "roger" wrong.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •