View Poll Results: Should the law be changed so that gays can serve openly in the military.

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now

    79 36.41%
  • Yes, but after the Pentagon completes it study on the issue

    11 5.07%
  • No, do not change the law

    14 6.45%
  • No, DADT should be repealed and gays not allowed to serve at all

    104 47.93%
  • Other, please explain

    9 4.15%
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 484

Thread: Gays in the Military

  1. #191
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,496

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Um? I believe I've posted this picture because you said that my statement about made up figures was wrong, and I had to back it up?
    You accused me of using made up figures and attacking another poster. I proved you wrong on both counts as my figures are accurate and my attack was general and not directed at anyone in particular.

    We are done here.

    God Bless and have a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #192
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,188

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You accused me of using made up figures and attacking another poster. I proved you wrong on both counts as my figures are accurate and my attack was general and not directed at anyone in particular.

    We are done here.

    God Bless and have a good night.
    How bizzarre.
    I've just supplied you with evidence that is showing your figures were made up.
    Before it I've pointed out efficiently to where you were making personal attacks and generalizations.
    And yet, even though you've completely failed to supply an answer to those charges and evidence, you claim that you have "proven me wrong".
    That's ridiculous, and I can see right through you.
    Remember, I'm on your side here, but I cannot simply ignore it when my side is completely wrong and is resorting to personal attacks and generalizations.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #193
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,496

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    How bizzarre.
    I've just supplied you with evidence that is showing your figures were made up.
    Before it I've pointed out efficiently to where you were making personal attacks and generalizations.
    And yet, even though you've completely failed to supply an answer to those charges and evidence, you claim that you have "proven me wrong".
    That's ridiculous, and I can see right through you.
    Remember, I'm on your side here, but I cannot simply ignore it when my side is completely wrong and is resorting to personal attacks and generalizations.
    What the heck are you talking about????

    I said 60% of conservatives (actually Republicans) and 70% in general and it was absolutely correct according to the poll.

    Here is my original statement...

    70% on average and even 60% among conservatives say gays should be able to openly serve. This includes many veterans and active service personal.

    Here is the article...

    Gallup poll shows 70% of Americans favor openly gay military service

    So you think because I mixed up republican and conservative somehow this makes the figures wrong???

    You are wrong and have been since the beginning.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-29-10 at 05:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #194
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,188

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What the heck are you talking about????

    I said 60% of conservatives (actually Republicans) and 70% in general and it was absolutely correct according to the poll.
    False, the picture I've posted acts as a contradicting evidence to the claim that 60% of the conservatives are anti-DADT, showing that the real figure is 53%.
    Here is my original statement...

    70% on average and even 60% among conservatives say gays should be able to openly serve. This includes many veterans and active service personal.

    Here is the article...

    Gallup poll shows 70% of Americans favor openly gay military service

    So you think because I mixed up republican and conservative somehow this makes the figures wrong???
    You may claim that you've simply "mixed up" the two, but fact is you've given a wrong detail and I've corrected you, is that so hard to take?
    You are wrong and have been since the beginning.
    Your words mean nothing.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #195
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,496

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    False, the picture I've posted acts as a contradicting evidence to the claim that 60% of the conservatives are anti-DADT, showing that the real figure is 53%.
    You may claim that you've simply "mixed up" the two, but fact is you've given a wrong detail and I've corrected you, is that so hard to take?
    Only problem is until now, that is not what you said...

    The only conclusion is that the rest of the people in your made up figures are simply "a few homphobes who cannot act professionally".

    I've just supplied you with evidence that is showing your figures were made up.

    Any questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Your words mean nothing.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-29-10 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #196
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,188

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Only problem is until now, that is not what you said...

    The only conclusion is that the rest of the people in your made up figures are simply "a few homphobes who cannot act professionally".

    I've just supplied you with evidence that is showing your figures were made up.

    Any questions?
    How exactly is that not what I said, again?
    I've claimed your figures are made up and then have supplied evidence for that, you've then reacted by saying that you've mixed up the republicans and conservatives and I said that I do not care since I was simply correcting you.

    C'est tout.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #197
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Repeal DADT as soon as possible and let them serve openly.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #198
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We do not allow the military to make those decisions for very good reasons. The military is an instrument of the people, not the other way around. It is not independent.

    The military is the sword-arm of the nation. To continue the analogy, we need to let our sword-arm decide for itself whether the pretty pink bandanna we want to tie around it is too tight, and might cut off circulation, impairing our ability to fight efficiently.



    Yes I'm being slightly facetious, but I'm also serious: Job One is being ready to fight well. All other things are secondary or tertiary, including social justice, fairness, etc. If the Pentagon and the troops are ok with it and do not believe it will create significant problems, then I'll be okay with it.... but we ought to at least wait until the Pentagon study is complete, and we ought to be sure we aren't going to impair our sword-arm before we do this.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #199
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,496

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    How exactly is that not what I said, again?
    I've claimed your figures are made up and then have supplied evidence for that, you've then reacted by saying that you've mixed up the republicans and conservatives and I said that I do not care since I was simply correcting you.

    C'est tout.
    All I can say is you mite want to look up the definitions of "Made up" vs "corrected mistake."

    Not even remotely the same thing and you know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Gays in the Military

    I'm very interested in what problems the military is foreseeing and how they might address these problems. How will the military adapt to gays serving openly?

    For the alarmists on this thread, no that is not a rhetorical question "oh noes we cantz do it how willz teh militewy survivz". I would like to understand the issue is greater depth, and specific policy examples are appreciated.

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •