View Poll Results: Should the law be changed so that gays can serve openly in the military.

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, do it now

    79 36.41%
  • Yes, but after the Pentagon completes it study on the issue

    11 5.07%
  • No, do not change the law

    14 6.45%
  • No, DADT should be repealed and gays not allowed to serve at all

    104 47.93%
  • Other, please explain

    9 4.15%
Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 484

Thread: Gays in the Military

  1. #181
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think he meant those who would make trouble with gays after a DADT repeal where homophobes.
    Don't excuse his words, it is clear what he has meant to and he has even called MSgt a homophob and a bigot by saying that "The homophobia and bigotry like everything else will have to now be kept in the closet." and then telling him "welcome to their world".
    One has to be either a complete idiot or a person who agrees with this generalization to ignore this, and I'm neither.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #182
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    While I do not support the DADT, I strongly disagree with you that if someone supports it it automatically makes him a homophob and a bigot.
    I think that's a very foolish and crude thinking you present there.
    Please point out where I said " if someone supports it it automatically makes him a homophobia and a bigot."

    I was speaking literally about homophobia and bigots.

    I strongly disagree with your strong disagreement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #183
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Don't excuse his words, it is clear what he has meant to and he has even called MSgt a homophob and a bigot by saying that "The homophobia and bigotry like everything else will have to now be kept in the closet." and then telling him "welcome to their world".
    One has to be either a complete idiot or a person who agrees with this generalization to ignore this, and I'm neither.
    I am so tired of people assuming stupid crap.

    I did not call him anything. I was making an example and a joke.

    Actually now that I read it again, it could be taken that way. It was not meant as an insult to Mst Sgt in particular.

    Besides, if you think it is just report it.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-29-10 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #184
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Please point out where I said " if someone supports it it automatically makes him a homophobia and a bigot."

    I was speaking literally about homophobia and bigots.

    I strongly disagree with your strong disagreement!
    You said:

    "70% on average and even 60% among conservatives say gays should be able to openly serve. This includes many veterans and active service personal.

    I don't think a few homophobes who cannot act professionally will be much of a problem."

    The only conclusion is that the rest of the people in your made up figures are simply "a few homphobes who cannot act professionally".

    You should really give up if you're attempting to dodge the inevitable here, I'm not even on MSgt side and I disagree with his posts in this thread, but I seriously dislike such generalizations and personal attacks, they point out at a poster that is not able to form real arguments and relies on attacking the other side.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #185
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You said:

    "70% on average and even 60% among conservatives say gays should be able to openly serve. This includes many veterans and active service personal.

    I don't think a few homophobes who cannot act professionally will be much of a problem."

    The only conclusion is that the rest of the people in your made up figures are simply "a few homphobes who cannot act professionally".
    Made up figures huh? Guess you did not see the latest polls...

    Gallup poll shows 70% of Americans favor openly gay military service

    Excuse me for assuming people had seen the news.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You should really give up if you're attempting to dodge the inevitable here, I'm not even on MSgt side and I disagree with his posts in this thread, but I seriously dislike such generalizations and personal attacks, they point out at a poster that is not able to form real arguments and relies on attacking the other side.
    OK

    Read the poll and that is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #186
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Made up figures huh? Guess you did not see the latest polls...

    Gallup poll shows 70% of Americans favor openly gay military service

    Excuse me for assuming people had seen the news.
    Well actually the gallup poll says there is a 53% of support from conservatives for openly homosexuals in the military, not 60%.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #187
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Well actually the gallup poll says there is a 53% of support from conservatives for openly homosexuals in the military, not 60%.
    That was 2004.

    When Republicans were asked in the same years their favorability went from 52% to 60%. Even those who attended church weekly rose from favoring 49% to 57%.

    Read the article.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-29-10 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #188
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That was Church goers.

    When Republicans were asked in the same years their favorability went from 52% to 60%. Even those who attended church weekly rose from favoring 49% to 57%.

    Read the article.
    Republicans yes, but you said conservatives not republicans.

    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #189
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Republicans yes, but you said conservatives not republicans.

    Ahhh I see. and this changes my post or position how?

    PS you know as well as I do most Republicans consider themselves conservatives. So it was an easy mistake to make. Does not change my position or show I used "made up" facts.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-29-10 at 05:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #190
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Gays in the Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ahhh I see. and this changes my post or position how?
    Um? I believe I've posted this picture because you said that my statement about made up figures was wrong, and I had to back it up?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •