View Poll Results: What did you think of the last episode?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I loved it

    5 13.16%
  • I liked it

    7 18.42%
  • I am neutral

    3 7.89%
  • I disliked it

    3 7.89%
  • I hated it

    4 10.53%
  • What is lost?

    9 23.68%
  • Other

    3 7.89%
  • Rootabega

    13 34.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Lost last episode

  1. #11
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm a sci-fi/fantasy whore. Can't get enough. I think Firefly was such a perfect example of modern sci-fi and one that was well thought out, well written, well acted. It's hard to find really good sci-fi these days, I don't know why. But you get 1-3 shows maybe in the vast sea of reality TV and crap programming. Which is one reason I think Congress should reverse its laws and allow consumers ala-cart purchasing of cable channels. Put real consumer pressure up, see what lives and what dies (though I could be horribly saddened by the results).

    What was I talking about again? Oh yeah. Firefly rocks hardcore ass. It was just about to break out and get unbelievable when Fox with it's head up its ass pulled the plug. Everyone associated with canceling that show should be lined up and kicked in the nuts by all Firefly fans.
    I'm a scifi/fantasy fan too. It was actually after watching Serenity that I found out there was a TV show to go along with that. I couldn't believe I missed that somehow because that show was right up my alley. And the folks who cut it are dumbasses.

    I agree about the a la carte cable. So the govt is the reason we can't do that?? I always wondered why the **** cable companies didn't let you do that. Because to get the channels I want, I have to get hundreds that I don't want.

    Scifi (or SyFy) is one of my fav channels.

    Do you watch Fringe too? I watch it, and I like it. But it just hasn't grabbed me and made me emotionally invested like some other shows. Not sure why

    Heroes? Somehow I lost track of that one along the way, not willingly though. I was moving around so much. But I aim to catch up on the seasons I missed. I think I started lapsing when they made Syler "good".

    I will tell you too that USA has some pretty kick ass shows now. Burn Notice, Leverage (or is that TNT?), Royal Pains, White Collar, In Plain Sight. Not scifi, but still good.

    And you know another show I loved that didn't make it? Eureka.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Lost last episode

    I loved the show and followed it religiously since the beginning, but this ending doesn't make any sense to me at all. I liked most of the last episode and also cried my eyes out like rivrrat during most of it, but the last 20 minutes I was all "WTF? No way. I can't believe they went there." Totally disappointed in this ending.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  3. #13
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    I loved the show and followed it religiously since the beginning, but this ending doesn't make any sense to me at all. I liked most of the last episode and also cried my eyes out like rivrrat during most of it, but the last 20 minutes I was all "WTF? No way. I can't believe they went there." Totally disappointed in this ending.
    I was kind of there too, which is why I had to sleep on it and think about it.

    It was only the "sideways" timeline where they were dead. All time spent on the island was "real". The sideways timeline was where they worked out their issues and tried to find one another again so they could all "move on". The sideways timeline was... timeless. They were all dead in it, but at different times. Hurley and Ben took care of the island for who knows how long before they died. Rose and Bernard lived out their lives there too. Sawyer, Kate, Lapidus, Richard Alpert, Miles... they all left the island and lived their lives. But *eventually*, all of them died. Some of them we saw die, others we didn't. But when they all did die, they ended up in the "sideways" world that they themselves created. Where they had to come to terms with their own issues and find one another again because THEY were all that significant to each other's lives.

    And now I'm crying again. Damn you!

  4. #14
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,779

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think Firefly was such a perfect example of modern sci-fi and one that was well thought out, well written, well acted.
    You mean Firefly, the show that had dozens of habitable planets in the same solar system? Well thought out? Only if you're scientifically ignorant.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #15
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lost last episode

    ^^People don't exactly watch sci-fi for the realism.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #16
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,779

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    ^^People don't exactly watch sci-fi for the realism.
    I do, otherwise it's fantasy. Speculative fiction is supposed to be a relatively realistic view of the future, otherwise it's just sci-fantasy.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #17
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lost last episode

    Sci-fi = Science FICTION!

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #18
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Miss the new episode of Breaking Bad to watch that trash? You gotta be f'n kidding me.
    That particular episode of BB was, unfortunately, very missable.

  9. #19
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    You mean Firefly, the show that had dozens of habitable planets in the same solar system? Well thought out? Only if you're scientifically ignorant.
    Such might be possible with a high enough technology level.

    Terraforming planets?

    Although if it was actually dozens of planets, that seems a bit high...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #20
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Lost last episode

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I was kind of there too, which is why I had to sleep on it and think about it.

    It was only the "sideways" timeline where they were dead. All time spent on the island was "real". The sideways timeline was where they worked out their issues and tried to find one another again so they could all "move on". The sideways timeline was... timeless. They were all dead in it, but at different times. Hurley and Ben took care of the island for who knows how long before they died. Rose and Bernard lived out their lives there too. Sawyer, Kate, Lapidus, Richard Alpert, Miles... they all left the island and lived their lives. But *eventually*, all of them died. Some of them we saw die, others we didn't. But when they all did die, they ended up in the "sideways" world that they themselves created. Where they had to come to terms with their own issues and find one another again because THEY were all that significant to each other's lives.

    And now I'm crying again. Damn you!
    Ooooh... Well, I guess that makes sense. I thought they'd been dead the whole time and that everything from the start was them trying to deny they were dead. The very last scenes with the crashed plane on the beach and not a living soul in sight sort of got me confused.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •