View Poll Results: Is Obama Doing a good Job?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Approve of his handling of the Wars.

    38 28.57%
  • I Disapprove of his handling of the Wars.

    90 67.67%
  • I Approve of his handling of the Economy.

    29 21.80%
  • I Disapprove of his handling of the Economy.

    102 76.69%
  • I Approve of his Foreign Policy.

    32 24.06%
  • I Disapprove of his Foreign Policy

    93 69.92%
  • I Approve of his Tax Policies.

    33 24.81%
  • I Disapprove of his Tax Policies.

    96 72.18%
  • I Approve of his managing of the Bureaucracy.

    20 15.04%
  • I Disapprove of his managing of the Bureaucracy.

    102 76.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Grade the Obama Administration

  1. #1
    Advisor Burning Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Burgaw, NC
    Last Seen
    07-27-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    357

    Grade the Obama Administration

    Despite our fierce ideologies and tendency to view every politician as either a Christ or Devil, I was curious how most Americans feel about each area of the President's job.

    Foreign Policy? The Economy? The War on Terror? The Bureaucracy (i.e. Education, Energy, Health & Human Services, etc)? Tax Policy?

    I'd give the President a B+ on conducting the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, a D- in Foreign Policy, a D- on the Economy, a C on Tax Policy, and a flat out F on managing the Bureaucracy. (People, seriously, this is why it is important to elect an individual who has RUN SOMETHING BEFORE).
    There is nothing more dangerous to the liberty of Man than a Government or a Religion seizing upon the strings of an overdeveloped herd instinct amongst the people.

  2. #2
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    The fact is, Obama has done little to change the War stance since Bush - and I approved of what Bush was doing. The only changes were to put artifical timelines in place for egress but since that hasn't happened yet, I had to approve.

    The rest were relatively easy to identify for me with the exception of Taxes. I know he's going to raise taxes, everyone knows this but he hasn't yet. So my "disapprove" is in anticipation on this one issue. I would have also said "disapprove" to the wars in anticipation as well, but I think we have a shot at staying and finishing the job in Iraq.

    I'd give Obama overall a solid D for disappointment. He's reckless, ignorant, and his policy's and his attitude are hubris defined. How his smugness hasn't grown old to the press is a testiment to the press's enamored liberal bias. They love him and will continue to love him while the economy collapses around us.

    He's the consumate prom king and plays the part well.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #3
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    My only hesitation about this poll, is that it doesn't make any distinction as to why or what part of some very broad issues it is you are talking about. For example, while some fools would have you believe that Obama has "raised taxes" (even though that ISN'T true) my objection is that he HASN'T raised taxes on the greedy rich nearly enough. Without such distinctions, this sort of "poll" really doesn't say much.

  4. #4
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    You cant grade them, because nothing is their fault. And shame on you for attempting to judge them. You only started this thread because you are a racist.

  5. #5
    Advisor Burning Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Burgaw, NC
    Last Seen
    07-27-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    357

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    My only hesitation about this poll, is that it doesn't make any distinction as to why or what part of some very broad issues it is you are talking about. For example, while some fools would have you believe that Obama has "raised taxes" (even though that ISN'T true) my objection is that he HASN'T raised taxes on the greedy rich nearly enough. Without such distinctions, this sort of "poll" really doesn't say much.
    Either you approve or disapprove. It doesn't matter which side of the spectrum you are on. This isn't a "will you vote for Obama in the future" poll.
    There is nothing more dangerous to the liberty of Man than a Government or a Religion seizing upon the strings of an overdeveloped herd instinct amongst the people.

  6. #6
    Advisor Burning Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Burgaw, NC
    Last Seen
    07-27-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    357

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You cant grade them, because nothing is their fault. And shame on you for attempting to judge them. You only started this thread because you are a racist.
    lol. Nice.
    There is nothing more dangerous to the liberty of Man than a Government or a Religion seizing upon the strings of an overdeveloped herd instinct amongst the people.

  7. #7
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    I voted based on which way I felt stronger. in other words, I don't approve 100% of his foreign policy, but it's more than 50% so I voted approval. I assume that's how most people see it -- only the most fervent sycophants and the most biased opponents would be 100% positive or 100% negative.

  8. #8
    Advisor Burning Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Burgaw, NC
    Last Seen
    07-27-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    357

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    I voted based on which way I felt stronger. in other words, I don't approve 100% of his foreign policy, but it's more than 50% so I voted approval. I assume that's how most people see it -- only the most fervent sycophants and the most biased opponents would be 100% positive or 100% negative.
    That's pretty much what I was looking for. While I disagree with President Obama on most things, I don't disagree with him on all things. Of course, the areas where I agree with the President, he does almost nothing in support (i.e. he's done nothing to legalize Gay Marriage, he's done nothing to ban Capital Punishment, and he's done nothing to reduce the terrible burden the Drug War has put on the American People). But I'm pretty sure the President would agree with my positions on those issues.
    There is nothing more dangerous to the liberty of Man than a Government or a Religion seizing upon the strings of an overdeveloped herd instinct amongst the people.

  9. #9
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    Quote Originally Posted by Burning Giraffe View Post
    Either you approve or disapprove. It doesn't matter which side of the spectrum you are on. This isn't a "will you vote for Obama in the future" poll.
    What utter effen nonsense. The why is at least as, if not MORE important than the what to anyone with proper brain function.

  10. #10
    Advisor Burning Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Burgaw, NC
    Last Seen
    07-27-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    357

    Re: Grade the Obama Administration

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    What utter effen nonsense. The why is at least as, if not MORE important than the what to anyone with proper brain function.
    And that is what the thread is here for Uncola. You can't measure every single why in the world with a poll. That isn't what polls measure. But there is all this room to type what you think and what your reasons are. So, you just use your words dude, and express yourself.
    There is nothing more dangerous to the liberty of Man than a Government or a Religion seizing upon the strings of an overdeveloped herd instinct amongst the people.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •